Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Refund of non-refudnable Plane tickets

was sposed to be on a Cathay airlines trip 1 month ago but we pulled the plug due to that there chinese rat flu

Tickets were booked thru expedia and non-refundable so I was prepared to eat a 1000 $ ticket

My sister booked them so she tried anyway AND she got all the money back ... fuckn eh!

I think its all just so fuckin crazy they are even refunding money they don't have to so be polite & give it a try !!

im gona get drunk !

edit : I think she refered to it as a pandemic before it was technicaly a pandemic but by the time it came time to make a decision to refund ... it was officaily a Pandemic
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-20-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Must be nice eh

The travel company/airline we booked out $800 flights to CH were like - the flight hasn't been cancelled, so.... too bad for you eh

Finally got them to give us a change in dates - for the low low price of $900 more (total). Which we'll probably end up eating when you still can't travel in December. Eh.

Sis is gona get herself a bottle of wine and send me back the 1K

so it cost 20 $ to cancel

actualy I got pretty good Karma

We have flights from Paris to Florence booked for April 4th and Air Chance still has not cancelled the flights. Out Flight to Paris was cancelled but not the flight back to the US from Amsterdam. My trip insurance said they are not paying for trips cancelled due to the virus, to which I replied, my flight was cancelled, which is a covered event. Have not heard back from the cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah the airline companies (and even the travel insurance companies) don't give a shit about you as a customer

I don't know whose dick your sister sucked, XXXer, but your experience is NOT typical eh.

well the tickets were booked on line thru expedia non-refundable which sis always does but somehow expedia requested AND GOT the money from Cathay which is great cuz Cathay no longer flies out of vangroovy so a credit would have been useless

sis sez we got really lucky , sez 2 weeks later it might have been a different story , she also sez not all people are getting cash back from other airlines and the reason she knows this is ironicaly 2 weeks a go she got a temp job at Expedia answering phones

But like i said I got the Karma eh, I have even made money paying child support, my ski bud bri-guy always sez

how do you even walk with all them horse shoes up yer ass?

the money is in my account
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-21-2020 at 01:54 PM.

My flight to mexico city a few days ago has not been refunded... getting a voucher instead than can be used for like a year and a half. better than nothing i guess.

Airbnb was better than expected. The host had refunded 50% even though my gf had a job that demanded cancellation of international travel. I wrote Airbnb to ask them to do a little better for someone on the front lines against this thing working at a hospital and within a couple hours had the other 50%.

Never hurts to ask I guess.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Just curious, who eats that, the owner, or AirBnB?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Just curious, who eats that, the owner, or AirBnB?
    The host probably had the money plucked out of their account.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    The host probably had the money plucked out of their account.
    That would be my guess.

Refund of non-refudnable Plane tickets

Damn, mostly good stories I guess! I have a house booked on Airbnb, non refundable flights, rental car and boat rental for a full 10 days in the Keys, starting 4/10. For 4 family members. I’ve been holding off on canceling, hoping, just hoping that shit will go back to normal. Its clearly not... I Was also flying in my 19 year old son from OR who I haven’t seen in a year. It was gonna be a magical family vacation. With scuba diving, fishing, and warmth.

I am beyond bummed about this. And so is my family. I guess I’ll find out soon what Airbnb and non refundable Expedia flights will do for Me. Fuck you corona virus.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Damn, mostly good stories I guess! I have a house booked on Airbnb, non refundable flights, rental car and boat rental for a full 10 days in the Keys, starting 4/10. For 4 family members. I’ve been holding off on canceling, hoping, just hoping that shit will go back to normal. Its clearly not... I Was also flying in my 19 year old son from OR who I haven’t seen in a year. It was gonna be a magical family vacation. With scuba diving, fishing, and warmth.

I am beyond bummed about this. And so is my family. I guess I’ll find out soon what Airbnb and non refundable Expedia flights will do for Me. Fuck you corona virus.
    The way I would see it is that when you finally do pull something like this off in the future, it will be that much more special.

The way I would see it is that when you finally do pull something like this off in the future, it will be that much more special.
    Very good point. And really, the only way to look at it without losing your mind. Gotta stay positive.

I was thinking I’d try and rebook everything rather than get refunds. That way the vacation is still booked, we all have something to look forward to, and everyone doesn’t lose out on the money ( well, except me.. but I already spent it anyways )

I think a lot of airlines, etc are holding off on canceling until the last minute, hoping that people will cancel on their own and let the airline off the hook. Happened to my wife--flight to Bangkok via Seoul. Korean Air wouldn't let her cancel for a refund. Then they changed her flight so that she would miss her connection and her tour so they had to refund. Eventually the Bangkok leg was canceled as well. So if you can wait until the last minute to cancel if you can for airline tickets.
    Some vacation destinations are not allowing tourists to book rooms. I would think that if that happens at your destination you have a strong case for a refund.

Very good point. And really, the only way to look at it without losing your mind. Gotta stay positive.

I was thinking I’d try and rebook everything rather than get refunds. That way the vacation is still booked, we all have something to look forward to, and everyone doesn’t lose out on the money ( well, except me.. but I already spent it anyways )
    Honestly, I don't think that is very smart. For one, they are holding your money, secondly, who knows what businesses will still be around down the road whenever.

Honestly, I don't think that is very smart. For one, they are holding your money, secondly, who knows what businesses will still be around down the road whenever.
    Also a very very good point. I thought about that as soon as I hit “reply”. A lot of people/companies are taking this situation hard. I’ll try for the refund. Maybe I’ll get a better deal down the road when we are ready to plan this trip again. I was more thinking “oh we have this booked on this date now, it’s still there!” More my stubbornness to try and not lose the trip I’ve been planning for a year...
    It really does help to talk these things out. Much appreciated

Also a very very good point. I thought about that as soon as I hit “reply”. A lot of people/companies are taking this situation hard. I’ll try for the refund. Maybe I’ll get a better deal down the road when we are ready to plan this trip again. I was more thinking “oh we have this booked on this date now, it’s still there!” More my stubbornness to try and not lose the trip I’ve been planning for a year...
    It really does help to talk these things out. Much appreciated
    I understand the desire to have a tangible representation of the upcoming experience. Completely natural. Maybe send out a little token of something to those that would have attended to put on their fridge.

I've been unable to reach Lufthansa to cancel/rebook my flight that leaves in a couple hours. Phone just rings. Web link is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I've been unable to reach Lufthansa to cancel/rebook my flight that leaves in a couple hours. Phone just rings. Web link is dead.
    Can you send them an e-mail to at least make a paper trail? Even a screen shot on the contact us page?

That’s a great idea, I have to do battle with Aeroméxico in the next few days...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That’s a great idea, I have to do battle with Aeroméxico in the next few days...
    i got my response to aeromexico with a fb message. was probably on hold for eight hours in the last few days, usually it would hang up around 1.5.

I had a flight to NY and hotel booked thru expedia on the 13th, spent hours trying to get them on the phone and had no problem with getting a credit for the flight from Alaska air but the Marriott only offered 1/2 back. I spoke with the hotel myself before I was able to get thru to expedia and the desk clerk assured me credit for the full amount with a Courtesy Cancellation but expedia had to cancel since it was booked thru them. While on the phone with expedia at 4am (I'd been trying to call since 8pm) they spoke to the Marriott who said they could do half but if expedia called back when the financial office was open they would give full credit like I was told. Expedia promised to call me back in a few hours letting me know this was done. I called the Marriott on the 14th to make sure my reservation for the next two nights was canceled, it wasn't and I was told again expedia must cancel not me. On the 16th I called again still not canceled. Yesterday I received an email from expedia promising an update by 6:30 tonight, I'm not holding my breath but do think I'll get my refund eventually. The good news is I can get a first class ticket now for what I paid for coach.

Good luck to you guys trying to negotiate with the airlines. It *might* be a little bit easier now, but last week it was "well, its not a refundable fare, and the flight wasn't actually cancelled, so..... tough luck kid"

Kind of what Old Goat said, airlines aren't cancelling their flights so YOU are on the hook and not them. Its so fucking stupid and greedy but what else would you expect? They are losing millions and millions of dollars so refunding your money for a flight that actually happens isn't high on their priority list. - these are companies that have continued to reduce leg room, food, and services for passengers in pursuit of more and more profit. They don't care about you, they care about how much money theyre making (or losing). airlines

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Buenas suerte.

Checked again and flights are now cancelled with a rebooking option only. I spoke to AMEX and they said to dispute the charge and they would try and get our money back. Best credit card evar.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.