Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Checked again and flights are now cancelled with a rebooking option only. I spoke to AMEX and they said to dispute the charge and they would try and get our money back. Best credit card evar.
    Was talking to a friend the other day who owns a snowbike/razr/slingshot/moto rental company. I asked him if he had an insurance partner for an add on fee for renters. He stated that you break it, you buy it, but if you use AMEX, they will cover your ass. I was impressed.

Yes, mine is on Amex for just something like this.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Thankfully we booked our spring break trip to FL on Southwest. No change fees and although they usually only allow 12 months to rebook the non-refundable tix, they just increased that to 18 months. We’ll easily be able yo do that. No fees
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

RefuDnable?

What’s that?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Can you send them an e-mail to at least make a paper trail? Even a screen shot on the contact us page?
    I did.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    RefuDnable?

What’s that?
    Fud
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6337.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	321513

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    RefuDnable?

What’s that?
    a type o
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Battling with a few airlines to cancel more than a few trips with best case scenario being a credit for 1 year. This shit will be around for a long time so we will see how their policies change, if at all.

Here is a question: anyone brought up Status issues? I have been MVP Gold or 75K Gold for nearly a decade, logged 18k miles in Jan and Feb (20k gets you basic MVP) and I am really not sure if I will add to that tally at the rate things are going. I've yet to bring this up with them but feel like losing Status would be a dickpunch in these times but I know the airlines are looking for anyway to stop the bleeding. This may be one way for them to reset a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Fud
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6337.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	321513
    I have always known FUD as the acronym for Fear Uncertainty Doubt

A marketing strategy allegedly used by IBM against Gene Amdahl after he left the mother corp to start Amdahl corp

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    a type o
    So, no Fud mug for your uncle Mannafort?

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    Thankfully we booked our spring break trip to FL on Southwest. No change fees and although they usually only allow 12 months to rebook the non-refundable tix, they just increased that to 18 months. We’ll easily be able yo do that. No fees
    where did you see 18 months. Web site still says 12, at least when I clicked the covid link.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Honestly, I don't think that is very smart. For one, they are holding your money, secondly, who knows what businesses will still be around down the road whenever.
    this exactly ^^ as i noted earlier in spite of half of Vancover being full of my people Cathay has quit flying into Vancover so we would have been screwed but there will be businesses and airlines that WILL NOT survive this

So, no Fud mug for your uncle Mannafort?
    doesnt speak to me

Refund of non-refudnable Plane tickets

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    where did you see 18 months. Web site still says 12, at least when I clicked the covid link.
    I got an email. I guess it’s not technically stated at 18 mo. but it essentially amounts to a several month extension beyond 12 months from booking. Here’s the portion with the change:

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    I got an email. I guess it’s not technically stated at 18 mo. but it essentially amounts to a several month extension beyond 12 months from booking. Here’s the portion with the change:

so it's not a general extension of time to rebook. As I understand it if you had a credit because of a flight canceled roughly a year ago you get another year plus to reschedule--effectively a two year plus booking window. But if you cancel(ed) this March through May you get 13-16 months to rebook, depending. Confusing. And I'm sure it will get more confusing going forward. (I hate myself for using the phrase "going forward".

We're flying our boy out of Costa Rica as we speak. Between the time we made reservations on Thursday night to last night, his flights were cancelled three times. Each time we called Delta and did the 25 minute hold to get to a live person to confirm new flights. The poor operators sounded relieved when we were calm and patient, and couldn't have been more helpful. Those poor folks are getting drilled right now.

We cancelled a spring break trip to Costa Rica a week ago and it was straight refunded and not credited to future flight which surprised me. No refund bookings at various hotels have been canceled with no penalty. All of our travel bookings are made through Amex skymiles so that does give us extra ammunition if we have to go to battle.

Americans stranded all over the world unable to get home. Apparently other countries are getting their citizens home but the US is only doing it when enough public pressure is brought to bear.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fab_story.html

The assholes at E Dreams (like Expedia in Yurp) send me an email from a do not reply address with a phone number that doesn't work to call them.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Just cancelled two SW tickets to Belize at the end of April booked on points. SW has modified their policy to refund taxes now ($150 in my case). Previously they have held them as reusable travel funds. Love that airline and they will always have my business where possible even if it's a bit more.

Re-booked our trip down there (50k SW points for 4 tickets + companion - insane deal) and bringing the kids along in late May/early June. I give it a 10% chance (at most) that the trip will happen but at least everything fully refundable. Figured it was worth a shot.

Delta was great too. Told them what happened regarding the flights to Yurp being cancelled and they fully refunded our tickets to LAX and home from NYC. Companies that don't make my life difficult, will get the business when things are back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

United was good to work with (via their chat app).....American can eat a bag of dicks - no suprise

Last Thursday, my son had a flight on delta from MIA to SLC via ATL that was scheduled for 10:30am. The flight was booked last Tuesday. On Thursday at 2:30am, Delta emailed explaining that his flight was cancelled and he was rebooked on a flight MIA-JFK-SLC. He didn't want to fly thru NY (can you blame him?) On Thursday morning @ 7:30am, he cancelled the flight, received a full refund, and re-booked on an AA flight from MIA-DFW-SLC.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Damn, mostly good stories I guess! I have a house booked on Airbnb, non refundable flights, rental car and boat rental for a full 10 days in the Keys, starting 4/10. For 4 family members. I’ve been holding off on canceling, hoping, just hoping that shit will go back to normal. Its clearly not... I Was also flying in my 19 year old son from OR who I haven’t seen in a year. It was gonna be a magical family vacation. With scuba diving, fishing, and warmth.

I am beyond bummed about this. And so is my family. I guess I’ll find out soon what Airbnb and non refundable Expedia flights will do for Me. Fuck you corona virus.
    My mom (lives in Naples) just said the Keys are shut off to outsiders as of today. If nothing else, that should help with getting refunds if they are not allowing tourist to enter. Airbnb gave us 100% back on a recent cancellation.

I just canceled my reservation with United to Cancun in April, although the flight was already canceled. Policy on their site says you have 12 months to re-book a new flight with no fees, or you can get a full refund but it looks like they will hold your refund until the end of the 12 month period.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I just canceled my reservation with United to Cancun in April, although the flight was already canceled. Policy on their site says you have 12 months to re-book a new flight with no fees, or you can get a full refund but it looks like they will hold your refund until the end of the 12 month period.
    I just did the same, but didn't see the note on a full refund 12 months out. Will have to double check that.

I had two hotel bookings with Expedia. One for SFO and one for Paris. Was able to cancel both on line and get full refund. Time to buy a lotto ticket!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch