Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Maybe I’m a pessimist. Or maybe it’s my wife working the ED with shitty ppe. She’s gonna get it. Which means I’m gonna get it.

Aside from me, there are so many asymptomatic cases, it’s out there. And it’s spreading.

Maybe if you isolate completely for four weeks, you can avoid it.

At this point, I’m thinking about licking door handles just to get it over with.
    Couldn't you just kiss your wife instead?

So convenient that "everyone's a asymptomatic carrier!" so the government has an excuse to go full retard on our rights.

Sometimes science is just science...

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    So convenient that "everyone's a asymptomatic carrier!" so the government has an excuse to go full retard on our rights.
    what's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sometimes science is just science...
    Science isn't based on evidence anymore. It's based on an unquestioned general consensus.

Science isn't based on evidence anymore. It's based on an unquestioned general consensus.
    Welp, the icus are filling fast here in northern Colorado. Those democrats who have let themselves be intubated in there are really going all out to perpetuate this myth. They must really hate Trump!

Source?

Are YOU Ron Johnson?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    what's your excuse?
    Zing.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Can someone scientifically explain to me why the theory that many people already had it in early January is "impossible"?

Myself and several people I know who were working in the homes of international travelers during the week of Xmas through NYE all ended up VERY sick with a 2-3 week cough. Aches, chills, mine started with a 3 day mild fever. It wasn't the flu. It wasn't a cold. It was not a sinus infection. I had shortness of breath and cough. One of my co-workers ended up with pneumonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Can someone scientifically explain to me why the theory that many people already had it in early January is "impossible"?

Myself and several people I know who were working in the homes of international travelers during the week of Xmas through NYE all ended up VERY sick with a 2-3 week cough. Aches, chills, mine started with a 3 day mild fever. It wasn't the flu. It wasn't a cold. It was not a sinus infection. I had shortness of breath and cough. One of my co-workers ended up with pneumonia.
    Because it be more widespread now, with a lot of deaths, if you all had it in January. It's not impossible, it sure is a long shot though.

It could very well have been Covid 19.

Did you spend time with other people to the point that something as contagious if not more contagious than the flu should have gotten them sick as well?

Did anyone else close to you but beyond your exposure show signs or symptoms or get sick?

Without an accurate and easily available test there is just no way to say.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

i also saw widespread extended illness lasting weeks in seattle at a big company you know; high foreign employee % and high pay to travel often. i don’t know shit about real science but it’s eery in retrospect; not the normal seasonal bug from my uneducated PoV.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It could very well have been Covid 19.

Did you spend time with other people to the point that something as contagious if not more contagious than the flu should have gotten them sick as well?

Did anyone else close to you but beyond your exposure show signs or symptoms or get sick?

Without an accurate and easily available test there is just no way to say.
    At the time work was so crazy I was just working and going home to sleep. I'm single, live alone etc.

There was one house in particular that had 15-18 people in it during xmas week. They all flew in from all over the world for the holidays. All of them were pretty much sick. You know, zicam and tissues, etc all over the house. Me and one other employee (the dude who ended up with pneumonia) were in their house every day picking up their garbage. Literally. We were the only ones who got really sick. I did hear about it "going around" the smallish community of workers going into these rich international types houses daily during the holidays.

There is no way to know until there is an antibody test.

I will say that most people know their bodies pretty well and this was unlike any other sickness I have ever had in my life. I've been sicker, but it was the duration that was surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Couldn't you just kiss your wife instead?
    Good point.

Looks like dinner at the Y tonight

I will say that most people know their bodies pretty well and this was unlike any other sickness I have ever had in my life. I've been sicker, but it was the duration that was surprising.
    That same kind of illness burned through Bridger in mid/late January. Lingering, feel like shit kind of illness that starts bad and then hangs on for weeks.

Most ski towns with lots of visitors are renowned for a variety of crud's that linger forever. I am way less sick since I stopped working out of locker rooms. Trade-off is I wonder if my immune system is less robust.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

MT has 15 cases from about 1000 tests. You didn't have COVID in January. Think about it.

You patient zero?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck this bs another thread.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Fuck this bs another thread.
    Cognitive dissonance

It’s the padded room.
    Just admit you’re going to get it. Swallow the pill. Digest it. And think about life on the other side.

Or, shelter in place and self isolate and hug mypillow.com
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Cognitive dissonance

It’s the padded room.
    Just admit you’re going to get it. Swallow the pill. Digest it. And think about life on the other side.

Or, shelter in place and self isolate and hug mypillow.com

I got it. Spent 2 weeks in hell and I'm out the other side. What else did you have to offer? TP?

I feel great btw, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I got it. What else did you have to offer? .
    How about reassurance that you didn’t purposefully ignore experts recommendations about isolating yourself - to limit its spread to those more fragile and to limit hospitals from being overwhelmed? That’d be a start

My wife and I have a pretty good quarantine situation. Sitting at the top of a hill in the foothills of CA on 5 acres at the end of a private road. We both have jobs that can allow for basically indefinite WFH. Biggest hardship we have is a 10 month old who we can’t bring to daycare and have to watch while we are working. But I do wonder, how long can we keep this up. Can we do it a for a year if that is necessary to avoid getting it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    And then there's this. Because bus drivers are more important than our medical community.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-to-make-them/
    At least the ones they use aren't being hoarded. Given the exponential growth and their contact with the public, keeping bus drivers from being vectors (especially early on) is a very helpful move. It flattens the curve which helps healthcare workers, too.

It's nice to see masks being donated for healthcare, but if they sit in a locked room until production catches up the resource will have been underutilized. Like all the masks that are floating across the Pacific right now.

We'll make every kind of mistake before it's over.