Help! Broken Plum guide toe pin rivet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1897.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	374.1 KB 
ID:	321225

So this happened.... luckily I was skiing some mellow terrain and I was not seriously injured.

Looks like this toe pin has a kind of rivet on the back of it and is probably pressed in with and expensive press machine. (Correct me here)

Contacted plum and they said they wonít sell me just the pins, and instead want me to buy all new toes for 159,00 euros (no thanks). Iím still talking to them.

Anyone have a single guide toe they would sell me or knows of another place I can get some toe pins (maybe for another tech binding?) Iím a bit worried that this could happen to the other toe... I guess thatís why folks run dynafit toes and plum heels.
    Thanks for the help!

Time for new toes. Get some speed radical toes and don't look back.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thatís the same hole pattern correct? Obviously Iím limited by that constraint. Do you know if the ramp angle is the same with that toe? Iím running a home made 3mm shim to bring the ramp angle down a bit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vermontfreeride View Post
    That’s the same hole pattern correct? Obviously I’m limited by that constraint. Do you know if the ramp angle is the same with that toe? I’m running a home made 3mm shim to bring the ramp angle down a bit

The back two holes are the same but the front two on the dynafit are farther forward, with enough room to plug and redrill. There are options that use the exact same hole pattern but they cost more. Hole Pattern Chart Pin Height Chart
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-23-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I don't think you wana be trying to press in your own pins altho a guide told me about trying to fix loose kingpin pins up at his operation using an axe and a chopping block

eluder has it right, the radical toes are great

that or a little bit of Aqua seal ... just kidding
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Unfortunately there are hole conflicts further forward of the toe (tele) so thatís not a good option either..... itís dissimilar metals or I would just have it welded in there seeing as apparently I canít get a replacement

If you really want to take the risk of MacGyver'ing it then countersink the rear face of the wing and then peen over the rear end of the insert - assuming the stud isn't too hard. Add in a load of Loctite 270. And finally up your medical insurance and ya good to go!

you don't wana get stuck in the middle of nowhere but if you are 3 voile ski straps will get you out

i duno how much money you got but its always the time to buy more gear

Gear new OR used could be around cheap so get some and get going

the toe piece will just show up later
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Maybe try sourcing a single replacement wing, original guides had issues so some shops held stock of the newer black wings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk