Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,679

    My new Transition Sentinel

    Put this together last night, was hoping to head to Fruita or Vernal but guess I'll be doing hot laps in my driveway and Fish Creek Rd.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	894.8 KB 
ID:	321076
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    20,625
    Sexy
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    585
    Congrats, it's such a stable rig. I really suggest reaching out to the guys at Transition for help setting up the DPX2, it's a bit tricky to get the right balance of pressure and LSC.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,441

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    383
    I would start with riding weight +30 in the shock with only a few clicks of lsc and plan on going fast with your weight forward. You will probably want a burly ass rear tire too the bike is long enough the rear need to be ready for some rocks. I am very happy with mine especially when I get it on appropriately steep terrain.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I would start with riding weight +30 in the shock with only a few clicks of lsc and plan on going fast with your weight forward. You will probably want a burly ass rear tire too the bike is long enough the rear need to be ready for some rocks. I am very happy with mine especially when I get it on appropriately steep terrain.
    Good recommendations here. I'm running my shock at around 195 psi (weigh 165ish, like 3-4 clicks from closed LSC, and rebound pretty fast (I think 1 click faster than Fox recommends for that PSI). And biggest volume token.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,679
    I've been riding around the neighborhood and found that I can't manual or pop a wheelie on a 29er. My goal is to get this dialed in the driveway during quarantine.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,615
    Be careful. The worst I've hurt myself on my mtb was when I looped out in a parking lot while practicing my manuals. I tried to bail off the bike but my feet were stuck on the pedals. I should've just squeezed the rear brake instead... Luckily I was just bruised/banged up a bit, nothing was broke or dislocated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Be careful. The worst I've hurt myself on my mtb was when I looped out in a parking lot while practicing my manuals. I tried to bail off the bike but my feet were stuck on the pedals. I should've just squeezed the rear brake instead... Luckily I was just bruised/banged up a bit, nothing was broke or dislocated.
    I broke my wrist stopped at a busy intersection stop sign trying a track stand still clipped in. So embarrassed I rode home, packed up my bags and moved to Wyoming.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I broke my wrist stopped at a busy intersection stop sign trying a track stand still clipped in. So embarrassed I rode home, packed up my bags and moved to Wyoming.
    Lol. Good to know that you know the dangers of practicing kewl tricks on the pavement.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    3,659
    Shit happens when you're tricking, bro

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,615
    Lol. That's the cost of looking kewl.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    26,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Put this together last night, was hoping to head to Fruita or Vernal but guess I'll be doing hot laps in my driveway and Fish Creek Rd.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	894.8 KB 
ID:	321076
    That thing is going to be a Phillips Ridge/Canyon crusher. Hope to see you out there this summer!
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That thing is going to be a Phillips Ridge/Canyon crusher. Hope to see you out there this summer!
    Can't wait to ride! I'll PM you for hot laps in the canyon.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •