My new Transition Sentinel

Put this together last night, was hoping to head to Fruita or Vernal but guess I'll be doing hot laps in my driveway and Fish Creek Rd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	894.8 KB 
ID:	321076

Sexy
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Congrats, it's such a stable rig. I really suggest reaching out to the guys at Transition for help setting up the DPX2, it's a bit tricky to get the right balance of pressure and LSC.

I would start with riding weight +30 in the shock with only a few clicks of lsc and plan on going fast with your weight forward. You will probably want a burly ass rear tire too the bike is long enough the rear need to be ready for some rocks. I am very happy with mine especially when I get it on appropriately steep terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I would start with riding weight +30 in the shock with only a few clicks of lsc and plan on going fast with your weight forward. You will probably want a burly ass rear tire too the bike is long enough the rear need to be ready for some rocks. I am very happy with mine especially when I get it on appropriately steep terrain.
    Good recommendations here. I'm running my shock at around 195 psi (weigh 165ish, like 3-4 clicks from closed LSC, and rebound pretty fast (I think 1 click faster than Fox recommends for that PSI). And biggest volume token.

I've been riding around the neighborhood and found that I can't manual or pop a wheelie on a 29er. My goal is to get this dialed in the driveway during quarantine.

Be careful. The worst I've hurt myself on my mtb was when I looped out in a parking lot while practicing my manuals. I tried to bail off the bike but my feet were stuck on the pedals. I should've just squeezed the rear brake instead... Luckily I was just bruised/banged up a bit, nothing was broke or dislocated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Be careful. The worst I've hurt myself on my mtb was when I looped out in a parking lot while practicing my manuals. I tried to bail off the bike but my feet were stuck on the pedals. I should've just squeezed the rear brake instead... Luckily I was just bruised/banged up a bit, nothing was broke or dislocated.
    I broke my wrist stopped at a busy intersection stop sign trying a track stand still clipped in. So embarrassed I rode home, packed up my bags and moved to Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I broke my wrist stopped at a busy intersection stop sign trying a track stand still clipped in. So embarrassed I rode home, packed up my bags and moved to Wyoming.
    Lol. Good to know that you know the dangers of practicing kewl tricks on the pavement.

Shit happens when you're tricking, bro

Lol. That's the cost of looking kewl.

Put this together last night, was hoping to head to Fruita or Vernal but guess I'll be doing hot laps in my driveway and Fish Creek Rd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	894.8 KB 
ID:	321076
    That thing is going to be a Phillips Ridge/Canyon crusher. Hope to see you out there this summer!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That thing is going to be a Phillips Ridge/Canyon crusher. Hope to see you out there this summer!
    Can't wait to ride! I'll PM you for hot laps in the canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Good recommendations here. I'm running my shock at around 195 psi (weigh 165ish, like 3-4 clicks from closed LSC, and rebound pretty fast (I think 1 click faster than Fox recommends for that PSI). And biggest volume token.
    I thought you were running an 11-6 on your Sentinel?

My riding weight is 155 - 160 and I’ve settled on 160psi in the rear shock. Going by what y’all are saying, it’s no surprise that I bottom it out all the time. Whenever I get to ride again, I’ll try 185psi. In all of my experimentation, I’ve never tried pressures above 165psi.

FWIW, I’m short (5’6”) on a medium Sentinel and I can manual it up high enough to loop out and jump off the back.
    U.P.: up

Appreciate the solid advice on running the rear shock. 6'3" 220 lbs and I don't think I set it up correctly.

I've been riding around the neighborhood and found that I can't manual or pop a wheelie on a 29er. My goal is to get this dialed in the driveway during quarantine.
    Google manual machine. I used to be able to ride a manual a long way and fell out of practice.

I need a project while stuck at home so I'm going to build one today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Google manual machine. I used to be able to ride a manual a long way and fell out of practice.

I need a project while stuck at home so I'm going to build one today or tomorrow.
    Holy shit that's awesome! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    I thought you were running an 11-6 on your Sentinel?

My riding weight is 155 - 160 and I’ve settled on 160psi in the rear shock. Going by what y’all are saying, it’s no surprise that I bottom it out all the time. Whenever I get to ride again, I’ll try 185psi. In all of my experimentation, I’ve never tried pressures above 165psi.

FWIW, I’m short (5’6”) on a medium Sentinel and I can manual it up high enough to loop out and jump off the back.
    I still have the DPX2 Performance Elite that it came with, and I swap back and forth between the two frequently. I like tinkering and tuning, and when I pass the frame on to my brother in law, he's not getting the 11-6, so I'd like the air shock to be well set up for him. I feel like I've got the 2 shocks to have very similar performance. The coil has a slight advantage on small bump, and pedals a bit better (it sits at like 26% sag vs. 30% with air).

Also, it looks like Cascade Components is now working on a new link for the Sentinel. They're talking about it on a thread on MTBR. 157mm travel with the stock shock and 20% progression. Sounds sweet.