Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I think the better question to ask is whether you should own and keep loaded firearms that you haven't shot for "months (years) on end".

The only way you are going to find out is by shooting it. When do you want to take the risk?
    I don’t worry about that with Glocks. My Kahr? I’ll give that to the ex brother in law if he asks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Do the interns get glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I don’t worry about that with Glocks. My Kahr? I’ll give that to the ex brother in law if he asks.

I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolie12 View Post
    ,and the Kalashnikov has three 10 round mags all loaded and waiting to play.
    10 round mags? Jesus, just get a sharp stick.

Funny I don't see one reply from the OP after posing this...

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Funny I don't see one reply from the OP after posing this...
    Just like I mentioned above. Troll ass bitches.

I like my little mooney gun (CM 9). Fits in my pocket, pretty good trigger, 6 rds, and has always gone bang.

In the 870 world you need a wingmaster, not an express or whatever they call the entry model piece of shit.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Keep your mags 80% loaded. It should be an issue. I just would t keep them packed 100% full

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I like my little mooney gun (CM 9). Fits in my pocket, pretty good trigger, 6 rds, and has always gone bang.
    I like mine too, use it a lot. but it’s no Glock.

If I'm going to loan my BIL a gun I'll give him my P229 because I know there isn't anything even that thrasher could do to hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    10 round mags? Jesus, just get a sharp stick.
    You DO understand that these are 10 round shotgun mags, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpKHqBgpLSM

Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    If I'm going to loan my BIL a gun I'll give him my P229 because I know there isn't anything even that thrasher could do to hurt it.
    facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Do the interns get glocks?
    No, they share one.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's funny, my BIL is a complete tool. I wouldn't lend him a hammer or a kitchen knife for fear that he would try to look up how to use such devices and hurt himself in the process of experimentation. He wouldn't let any of his kids even draw a gun on a piece of paper, yet alone see one. He's a nuclear physicist, but still an absolute real world idiot. It's only taken my sister over 20 years of marriage to finally realize this. Now that he's dropped out of marriage counseling, she just plunders along with the 3 kids waiting for them all to hit 18 before she can do exactly what her/my mother did and GTFO.

It's like a slow burn hearing about it. I limit conversations to maybe 2x per year (her birthday and Christmas). The last time we conversed she texted me looking for a family law referral. That was almost a year ago and she hasn't done shit I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    No, they share one.
    Two interns, one glock?

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    I want a shotgun.

Maybe I want it for protection, or maybe I want it for hunting.

Either way, aside from a couple outings with friends, I don’t have much experience with firearms.

I already sent rontele a pm, but anyone have any insight?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to boogie.

Always assume it is loaded.

Never point it at something that you are not willing to destroy.

You guys stocking up on ammo? I think I have plenty and honestly, if I have to use it on people, the world is burning down anyways and we all have real problems that my guns won't fix. So do I buy another 1000 rounds for the AR?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You guys stocking up on ammo? I think I have plenty and honestly, if I have to use it on people, the world is burning down anyways and we all have real problems that my guns won't fix. So do I buy another 1000 rounds for the AR?
    At this juncture, unobtanium.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

All right a little tough love directed at not all on this forum, but maybe a few. I haven’t read the whole thread and I am sure there are many competent, rational, lifelong shotgunners here; however, there might be a few thinking now is the time to buy a gun. Now isn’t the time.

I don’t know who worries me the most to share our civilization with. The folks hoarding toilet paper because they don’t know how to wipe themselves conservatively, or the panic gun buyers.

Now isn’t the time to rush off and buy a shotgun. If anyone wants to learn the great sports of shotgunning and wing-shooting, that’s awesome, and I would even being willing to help, but let’s wait until this shit blows over.

For those thinking, “Now is the time to get a gun to defend myself,” you are already way behind the curve in skill and preparation. If, and may God help us and I hope not, it comes to shooting time, the new gun owner (to speak in terms we understand) will be the gaper. The one with gear you don’t know how to handle and on terrain you can’t manage; terrain that most likely will have Extreme Avi danger. Just watch Once Upon a Time in The Old West and ask yourself “do I know how to shoot?”

If thinking, “I might need to hunt.” You are behind that curve too. That takes a time to learn too.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    At this juncture, unobtanium.
    Naw, in CA it is still in stock at a few stores close by, but good luck finding any TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

If you're buying 1,000 rnds to fend off the TP gangs, I'll guarantee you get kilt before you use it all.

Buying a shotgun. What do I need to know?

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry to ghost this thread. Some great info and some assholes, as the usual.

I’m not crisis-shopping firearms. I enjoy shooting when I’ve done it. And a friend is pretty obsessed pheasant hunter. And when all the poor folks down the hill hear about my toilet paper and purell supply, I’m gonna need to protect what’s mine.

Seriously, I’ve been talking about getting a shotgun for years. My father in law doesn’t believe I don’t have one.

And certainly protection is part of my thought process, but so is being able to provide food in the event the end-times are truly upon us.

Storm Hood (wtf?) comes off as a bit of a dick but makes good points.

I’m not the fear-buying type and will probably wait till this blows over. Or maybe I’ll go shopping tomorrow. I started the thread on a whim as I was shopping a bit, poking around online and figured that TGR is always a source of solid advice mixed in with some cocksucking assholes, so I figured I’d give it a shot.

Thanks to all who replied.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Not one peep from the op. What a troll.

What did you expect?
    And I was gonna tell him the shiny metal side of the shell faces you
    . . .

“Troll” is a little strong, Makers.

How about

“A bit of a pot head who started a thread he didn’t end up really caring much about”?

I’m not as gun-illiterate as I come off to be.

But I generally don’t like hanging around the very people I’m asking advice from, to be honest.

So thanks for your replies. I’m still sorta shopping. I always thought I’d get into bird hunting once my knees go bad.