Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    For home defense just buy a cheap pump action. I’ve got a Stevens 320 that I paid $100 bucks for. Shoots fine and will definitely kill people that are entering your home. Go to a pawn shop to buy.
    Yes, I always buy the cheapest version I can when it comes to items that I may rely on to save my life. I got a heck of a deal on a climbing rope from a pawn shop. The guy said it was clothesline and due to the cable inside, would definitely hold my weight if I fall.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I borrowed a 20ga from a friend. Bought some of the yellow shells. Now how do I load this thing?

Don't point it at your face.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Buying a shotgun. What do I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Where is the best place for me to learn a bit about the shotguns we have? Ammo size, operation and cleaning, etc. I think I need to do this before things get fully locked down and I can't go get ammo.
    For newer guns the gauge and shell length should be stamped on the barrel near the breech. U can use shorter, but not longer, shells than the specified length. Then, YouTube ur specific model for tips and care. There are dummy shells you can use to practice a little before u get to the field.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 03-20-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Yeah one has it the others are much older. The shorter thing is key, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Yes, I always buy the cheapest version I can when it comes to items that I may rely on to save my life. I got a heck of a deal on a climbing rope from a pawn shop. The guy said it was clothesline and due to the cable inside, would definitely hold my weight if I fall.
    A basic pump shotgun is a very simple firearm. Keep it clean and lubed (yes, I know), train with it, and it will be reliable.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

You'll shoot your eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So, how well do those Aguilla shellls work? Ive been meaning to try them for years and never got around to it.
    Not too impressed. You just get more bangs per loading. Lots of reviews on them. Likely will not work in semi autos. Lots of feeding problems in many guns. Best option is a special mag- fed adaptation.

BTW, Brownell's has them in stock.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Not too impressed. You just get more bangs per loading. Lots of reviews on them. Likely will not work in semi autos. Lots of feeding problems in many guns. Best option is a special mag- fed adaptation.
    Thanks, I was looking for your first hand experience over a review. Any experience with so-called reduced recoil loads in regular length? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

^^^Almost a Darwin winner^^^

Thanks, I was looking for your first hand experience over a review. Any experience with so-called reduced recoil loads in regular length? Thoughts?
    Never used them, but probably similar to field or dove loads. May have trouble cycling semi autos, fine in pumps and SxS's or OU's
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

^^^Almost a Darwin winner^^^

Never used them, but probably similar to field or dove loads. May have trouble cycling semi autos, fine in pumps and SxS's or OU's
    Thanks. I don't own any semi Auto shotguns. I should, but I don't.

Fuck, can't buy shotgun ammo here now.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Fuck, can't buy shotgun ammo here now.
    Stores here are cleaned out too. Ordered a bunch of 00 buckshot in 12ga on targetsportsusa.com this morning, said it was “in stock” when I ordered

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Stores here are cleaned out too. Ordered a bunch of 00 buckshot in 12ga on targetsportsusa.com this morning, said it was “in stock” when I ordered
    i thought they are not shipping for 10 days though.

LE (law enforcement) or "Low Recoil" buckshot loads give better patterns in most if not all shotguns. The lower velocity don't mean shit for soft targets.

That's why I was thinking #4 buckshot in the right sizes for the Ithaca and Remington

#4 buckshot is an awesome load. Typically patterns great in most guns.

keep yer shoes on, no matter how bad things get don't put the barrel in yer mouth and pull the trigger with yer toe
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

After calling around a bit one or two shops still have slugs but that' not going to do me any good is it? Gonna try one more that opens at 5 but may have to range further afield.

what are you shooting ?

up narth a forestry worker will use buckshot for the 1st load and follow up with a slug for the second load on a bar
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

#4 buckshot is an awesome load. Typically patterns great in most guns.
    I got a bunch of that. It's my go to. And to be 100% honest, I got the idea from reading Patriot Games. So I tried it on paper targets. And liked it.

My daddy used to empty out his shotgun shells and fill em full of black eyed peas. He would aim real low and take out your ankles & rip right through your knees....

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    what are you shooting ?
    Degens from upcountry trying to steal butt wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Tough watching that.

One of the last calls I had as a volly FF was as first responder to a 12g suicide to the head. A neighbor found him along the side of the road. He went to his favorite place to hunt to end it. Baseball cap was still hung up in the tree when we turned the scene over to state patrol.