Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Good thread with a lot of honesty rather than the usual shitsling.

My 2cents and worth exactly that.

Human beings are all very different creatures inside and the ones you think have it wired the tightest could be one step away from a horrible mistake or decision. You just never know whats going on inside a person unless you ask and more importantly, they answer honestly.

Life is a gift with the alternative being nothing. Life is also a marathon as well as a trial by fire. Between relationships, work and careers, kids and all the other distractions its no wonder none of us make it out alive let alone whole.

For all those who look inside and see darkness I have little to offer except best wishes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I was dying on the sidesteps.

Thanks guys.

The bike commute used to be a big help with fitness, but I just started having irreconcilable back problems that came from all the hip tightness I get from pedaling this hilly town.

I dunno. It’ll be fine. I just kind of gave up for like 8 months. You really can’t do that. Don’t do that.
    next time ill let ya carry my ciggies and safety supplies
    holy fuck was that shit fun
    if it dont happen again this march
    well will only be a year older when it does
    cheers brother
    ya knows sometimes i aint sure whose providing what for whom
    and dog bless our lil stink butt helpers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

For all those who look inside and see darkness I have little to offer except best wishes.
    The darkness is the only thing that seems to stick around. Consistency is nice, at least, and it makes for better company than most people, IME.

One good joke can get me through a whole day.

Today I filled out our daily Covid screening start-of-shift paperwork at work as ¡Juan Caliente! with a 109 degree temp due to “disco fever”. Handed that thing through a tiny slit in some plexiglass to a very serious lady on the other side.
    When I saw the stoneface crack a little, I knew today would be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The darkness is the only thing that seems to stick around. Consistency is nice, at least, and it makes for better company than most people, IME.
    I’m still here mang!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’m still here mang!
    Why? I mean why physically where you are?

https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?sameQ=...m=searchOnSerp

Do IT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

This one goes out to a couple long dead compadres.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 7.47.58 AM.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	352506
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Fuck. Dude was on easy street

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-symptoms.html

630 restaurants must be a lot of pressure. But ease back and chillax

Rich people problems. Yeah. But covid fucks people up in many ways. Uggh.
    Haven’t heard about COVID tinnitus.

Stay strong. Don’t quit the game early.

The dirt nap is coming. Eventually. Don’t be in a hurry to exit
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    My Dad struggled with depression to the point he totally gave up and gave in to his demons. The poor man got kicked in the nuts more so than most. I figure genetically I'm predisposed to have issues, honestly I think we all are. I have my moments but as stupid as it is, Sarah Silverman gave me the saying that puts it all in perspective for me every time.

We are all just creatures on a huge rock flying through outer-space.

It helps me say fuck it, it is what it is and move on and enjoy this little bit of time we get on this big rock.
    This sums it up.
    Enjoy the ride

Name:  EE4855C5-D120-427C-A914-6EE6A3654BC3.jpeg
Views: 970
Size:  170.0 KB
    . . .

Depression kills

Fuck. Another one down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 06-30-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

RIP Trainwreck.

Already miss you so fucking much. I'm sorry I never visited you in MT. Now it's too late.

Thankful for all the support and friendship over the years. You had a heart of gold. And the best fucking laugh. Fun to ski with. And so much more. My heart aches. I don't have many friends, and now I have even less. This one hurts. A lot. And I'm no stranger to suicide. I had to buy beer yesterday so I could pour a few out for you. Fuck.

Bummer. RIP

Fuck. Sorry to hear that, take care of yourselves.
    Hoping you don't mean the mag.

Yes, Trainwreck the mag.

Suicidal men are far less likely to ask for help and far more likely to succeed than suicidal women.

Take care of your buddies. Talk about mental health. Think about what your jokes are really saying.

Love each other.

RIP
    Sucks to hear this
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    RIP Trainwreck.

Already miss you so fucking much. I'm sorry I never visited you in MT. Now it's too late.

Thankful for all the support and friendship over the years. You had a heart of gold. And the best fucking laugh. Fun to ski with. And so much more. My heart aches. I don't have many friends, and now I have even less. This one hurts. A lot. And I'm no stranger to suicide. I had to buy beer yesterday so I could pour a few out for you. Fuck.
    I'm so sorry. This sucks. RIP Trainwreck. I hope you have found peace.

Lots of suicide and uptick in violence in general this past year due to the COVID shakeup.

RIP Trainwreck.

My condolences to all who knew and loved him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit. RIP Trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Lots of suicide and uptick in violence in general this past year due to the COVID shakeup.
    Suicide rates declined by 6% in 2020: https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ata-shows.html

RIP Trainwreck, tragic news. Jax, I hope you just poured those out. Stay strong.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...id-19-pandemic

In Maryland, white people suicide went down 45%, black people suicide went up 94%

"This is obviously concerning, and it serves as a reminder that when we aggregate all of our data - thinking the population is homogeneous - we miss especially vulnerable populations."

RIP
    Last edited by AEV; 07-01-2021 at 12:03 PM.

In two weeks it will be five years since my ex took his life. This hits close to home for sure. Trainwreck was same age as my ex when he died. They were so blinded from pain they couldn't see a way forward. I still struggle with Eric's death to this day and get struck with grief at the most inopportune times.

I knew I should have pestered Trainwreck more after he didn't respond to a group text a few weeks back. In the end, it probably wouldn't have mattered. But my text was about making plans for the future, trying to get the band back together again on skis. He was past the point of no return I guess.

"You're like an onion" he told me once. Brutally honest. I still have some diesel canna butter he gave to me in the freezer. Time to make some cookies.

Dantheman- I poured one out for him at the base of Sleeping Giant, the first place I thought to go as Trainwreck himself was 6'5". I toasted and roasted him, had a few sips myself and proceeded to ride 70 miles of gravel over hills and terrain that he would have loved. Pure country. Cried in the wind and got it all out. I'm ok with his decision now, as much as it hurts. He's in a much, much better space.

If anything, I wish my 'received calls' list looked like that everyday, not just on days where we have to touch base because another friend died. Just like family reunions nowadays, we only get together when something bad happens. I'm hoping to be better at staying in touch with my friends, sharing good news, not just the bad. The older I get, the harder it is to make friends, IMO. Sucks to lose one of your own regardless if I've come to terms with it.

RIP Trainwreck, condolences to family and friends.