Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Why dilute and ruin the actual flavor notes with water? Never understood cooling booze and killing it's intended flavor profile.

"Hot As Satan's Hoof" is not a flavor profile I can really snuggle up to.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    OMG!!! The end of the world Move to CA, home of the 7+ earthquakes.

STFU, JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    "Hot As Satan's Hoof" is not a flavor profile I can really snuggle up to.
    Truth I guess I should've asked what was in the glass first, but knowing Phall personally I figured he wouldn't say "Jim Beam" as I wouldnt know why he'd sip that lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Truth I guess I should've asked what was in the glass first, but knowing Phall personally I figured he wouldn't say "Jim Beam" as I wouldnt know why he'd sip that lol.

Gotta roll with what you have in the f'in apocalypse. Lol

As someone who just started my own religious community (the Branch Covidians) in beautiful Southern VT, I've often wondered what Joseph Smith was thinking settling his flock in a place best described as Texas with snow and an uninhabitable lake. Now earthquakes? In retrospect, he should have pushed on a bit farther to the California coast, perhaps toward Monterey or Mendocino.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    As someone who just started my own religious community (the Branch Covidians) in beautiful Southern VT, I've often wondered what Joseph Smith was thinking settling his flock in a place best described as Texas with snow and an uninhabitable lake. Now earthquakes? In retrospect, he should have pushed on a bit farther to the California coast, perhaps toward Monterey or Mendocino.
    He saw the lake and figured boom this is it. Then they found out it was salt. Then the locusts, then the saving seagulls. As God has planned.

A proper spiritual leader would have packed up and moved along.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

When is your last supper?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Apparently there was a spill of hydrochloric acid at the Kennecott mine this morning, caused by the earthquake. No information on scale and nature (liquid vs gas) but enough that the national guard was deployed to monitor the event. Link here.
    There's a chance corrosive rain will be added to the list of plagues currently affecting UT. If you see a quartet of weird looking horse-riders going down your street offer them TP, it might appease them...
    I read that a gas plume headed north over the lake, and was therefore not a threat to the public, if you believe the mine PR people. Except maybe the public biking on Antelope Island, was my first thought. And it was 82,000 gallons of acid if I remember right.

seriously y'all, this has been sitting there ignored for years. Freaked me out when I lived DT after living in SoCal & seeing Mexico City damage

Utah .gov put this out to pull together all the info. https://www.utah.gov/beready/documen...hquake_low.pdf

worth a perusal if you live in the area.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i aint ignored shit
    ive argued with the wife over earthquake insurance
    the heavenly father just gave me a better case though
    she says give it a year and premiums will go back down
    i luvs my wife and all......
    i am gonna shave though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i aint ignored shit
    ive argued with the wife over earthquake insurance
    the heavenly father just gave me a better case though
    she says give it a year and premiums will go back down
    i luvs my wife and all......
    i am gonna shave though
    I looked into it when we had those minor bumps a year or two ago. Premiums were high and you were still stuck with a 20% deductable. I'm rethinking it now but good chance you can't even get a new policy in the next year.

I told the wife mustache march may happen after all. She didn't seem thrilled.

Reposting in lots of places:
    I had a friend post this in NYC but if anyone in SLC needs work done on their bicycles to get around/to the store/for a little excercise, let me know. I'd be happy to do whatever I can to get it up and running for you. This is not a free tune up on your MTB for the season, but if you have a bike that has been sitting for a bit, and you just want to go pedal around for some air, let me know. I will not accept payment for the services.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I read that a gas plume headed north over the lake, and was therefore not a threat to the public, if you believe the mine PR people. Except maybe the public biking on Antelope Island, was my first thought. And it was 82,000 gallons of acid if I remember right.
    Fucking hell that's a lot of acid. And of course in gas form because that's the scarier option.
    Guess we'll see how it affects the bison and the brine shrimps...

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I looked into it when we had those minor bumps a year or two ago. Premiums were high and you were still stuck with a 20% deductable. I'm rethinking it now but good chance you can't even get a new policy in the next year.

I told the wife mustache march may happen after all. She didn't seem thrilled.
    I guess it depends on the state, as we have a 5% deductible and I felt it was reasonably priced. (like $300-$500 a year per unit)
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

If anyone thinks a 5.2 quake and an epidemic isn't enough excitement for 2020 then this is cool cool cool: A chunk of Yellowstone the size of Chicago has been pulsing. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    If anyone thinks a 5.2 quake and an epidemic isn't enough excitement for 2020 then this is cool cool cool: A chunk of Yellowstone the size of Chicago has been pulsing. Why?
    This article must be mistaken. I have it on good authority that Jackson Hole RE will never go down.

CC: @rideit

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Should this go in the real estate crash thread?

Just had a little roller in Reno. 5.0 east of Carson City. Must be headed for SF next.

4.1 just now NNE of Magna. 2020 sure has been a weird one. And its only March.

Yep. Our house shook a little bit with that one.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Should this go in the real estate crash thread?
    jesus let's hope not

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    4.1 just now NNE of Magna. 2020 sure has been a weird one. And its only March.
    Is the haze mellower than usual with less traffic? Trying to find a silver lining for you guys...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is the haze mellower than usual with less traffic? Trying to find a silver lining for you guys...
    Yes. Probably the best stretch of clean air in my six years here! Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's rarely an issue this time of year anyway. By the end of February the sun intensity is high enough to prevent inversions during high pressure. Spring is also usually a time of high atmospheric instability and it's uncommon to see extended dry and calm conditions. Even if there isn't a storm impacting us directly, there's usually a system somewhere in the west that makes the wind pick up and keep things blown out.

Felt yesterday's tremor at the house. Under normal circumstance these little quakes would actually be kinda fun.