Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I wonder where the planes will be re-routed to? My son will be flying in tomorrow. I am prepared to drive to LAS or DEN
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    KSL has video of flooding in the airport from broken pipes. I'm actually kinda surprised, I figured their water system was designed to withstand something more severe.
    You'd think they would have thought about that huh? Considering the Wasatch front IS an active fault line and everything, but alas $$$ prevails. Do it quicker and cheaper so the magic underwear people can have jobs when they graduate from BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    You'd think they would have thought about that huh? Considering the Wasatch front IS an active fault line and everything, but alas $$$ prevails. Do it quicker and cheaper so the magic underwear people can have jobs when they graduate from BYU.
    C'mon man. They are spending 4.1 billion on an expansion, the airport is very profitable, I highly doubt the issue at any point was saving money. And we don't know if it part of the new building, old building, a shitty repair done by a contractor at some point, maybe an engineering mistake. You know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I live in a 100 year old, un-reinforced masonry home. As soon as I realized what was happening, I was outside in my underwear.
    Gotta drive up to Sugarhouse to see how many new cracks my 1914 brick bungalow is sporting. Glad I had the chimney redone last year, it was shedding bricks whenever we had strong winds, the whole thing would be in the driveway by now...

Buddy who lives at the Wasatch Resort in LCC said they were heading to the valley for a bit, apparently the gully immediately west of the church vault spat out lots of big rocks.

Down in Murray it woke Ms Boissal and I and she went into full panic mode. She was in the middle of having a nightmare about going back to work and dealing with an enormous influx of COVID patients. Waking up to the sound of shit falling off the shelves and glass breaking made her snap. Watching her reaction with each aftershock was painful. I finally went to work after an hour without any tremors. She was on her 8th espresso by then, I tried to convince her it wouldn't help much but was told to kindly go fuck myself somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    C'mon man. They are spending 4.1 billion on an expansion, the airport is very profitable, I highly doubt the issue at any point was saving money. And we don't know if it part of the new building, old building, a shitty repair done by a contractor at some point, maybe an engineering mistake. You know nothing.
    That is coming out of D concourse, so the old building. It makes me sad that I fly so much I knew exactly where that was the second I saw the video.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    The 4.4 is being classified as another earthquake and not an aftershock
    Interesting. Is that the difference in the red vs black on the USGS site?

Seems like maybe a lucky thing all the lifts were empty...(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Down in Murray it woke Ms Boissal and I and she went into full panic mode. She was in the middle of having a nightmare about going back to work and dealing with an enormous influx of COVID patients. Waking up to the sound of shit falling off the shelves and glass breaking made her snap. Watching her reaction with each aftershock was painful. I finally went to work after an hour without any tremors. She was on her 8th espresso by then, I tried to convince her it wouldn't help much but was told to kindly go fuck myself somewhere else.
    Hope Ms Boissal is doing better. Its a stressful time to be in healthcare. Sending good vibes your guys' way.

Just had another big aftershock by the U
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Hope Ms Boissal is doing better. Its a stressful time to be in healthcare. Sending good vibes your guys' way.
    She's texting me after every tremor telling me she's done with this shit. And follows-up with plans for the new chicken coop. She's easily distracted fortunately. Apparently the last shake woke up Ugly Kitty. I think he's one of the 4 horsemen (in disguise), can't be a good sign...

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Just posted this in the Padded Room thread:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	320935

They called this last one a 4.6. Moved to the doorway of my office just in time to see the big 60" teleconference screen dance on its shelf. Barely saved the fucker then we had a power surge and the generator kicked in and we started running around shutting down all the $50k+ instruments that we have running.

Impressive cluster, more magnitude > 4 events in 4 hours than we usually get in a year.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...60364732%22%7D

trash day and earth quake day should not be allowed to be on the same day. thought we were having another one but it was just the garbage truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moroni.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	320949

edit: you can thank NoHow for the idea.

^^^^
    Gold Moroni, gold!

Pouring one out for the homies who don't have enough stored TP...

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...60364732%22%7D

trash day and earth quake day should not be allowed to be on the same day. thought we were having another one but it was just the garbage truck.
    Exact same thing happened to me. Messing around in the kitchen hear a sound, dogs barking and I’m like here we go again only to see garbage truck drive off.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Sorry to hear. If they are busy, it's gonna be way way worse. Wuhan had 600 cases when they went on lockdown. Active cases rose to 60k over the next few weeks before subsiding. Serious like a crapload of heart attacks

Hope the earthquake PTSD settles quickly
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

My fun factory called off the overnight shifts due to that last aftershock.
    It was kinda eerie starting the place up this morning being the first guy in the building
    Bunny Don't Surf

Posting this around for Utards:
    I had a friend post this in NYC but if anyone in SLC needs work done on their bicycles to get around/to the store/for a little excercise, let me know. I'd be happy to do whatever I can to get it up and running for you. This is not a free tune up on your MTB for the season, but if you have a bike that has been sitting for a bit, and you just want to go pedal around for some air, let me know. I will not accept payment for the services.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"