Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    These graphics and stats are dope. Would love to see more!
    I put more in this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...g-ski-round-up

Happy to do them when we have the data in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just buy the 184 ren. It’s easy on the skin track and if those are the skis you skied and liked it’s exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a really really good ski in just about every condition you’ll encounter in the backcountry.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I meant to say ravens in that post. That being said rens are my absolute all time favorite ski

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alude View Post
    I put more in this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...g-ski-round-up

Happy to do them when we have the data in the database.
    This is great stuff! I tried to make a user on the database site, but am awaiting the confimation email.

While I wait - would you mind comparing BMT90s and BMT94s in 177, Mantra v werks in 178, BMT109 in 176 and Katana v werks (you only had 184s right?)? Especially bmt90s and mvws would be very, very interesting. Thanks for the posts so far and thanks for any and all help!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    This is great stuff! I tried to make a user on the database site, but am awaiting the confimation email.

While I wait - would you mind comparing BMT90s and BMT94s in 177, Mantra v werks in 178, BMT109 in 176 and Katana v werks (you only had 184s right?)? Especially bmt90s and mvws would be very, very interesting. Thanks for the posts so far and thanks for any and all help!
    Yeah, the website is undergoing improvements.

We have some of these skis, but not all in their most recent editions. Happy to post so graphs. Maybe start a new thread as I feel it is a slightly different request...

thread drift is par for the course, especially when it more than partially covers the theme of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    thread drift is par for the course, especially when it more than partially covers the theme of the thread
    In that case!

This is a challenging comparaison for a few reasons. You want to compare geometries that are quite different (e.g., reverse camber vs traditional camber), so it is harder to provide a simple explanation of how EI and GJ affects the on snow feels. We prefer to compare geometries that are quite close. The spread of the ski length and width is also quite large (176 to 191, 90 to 115). Stiffnesses often scale with length. Some of the data is also quite old (2014 to 2020), so the newer models might be different as skis and trends evolve. In any case, I post the data here but be careful with your interpretation.

Name:  EIvsm.png
Views: 647
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  GJvsm.png
Views: 628
Size:  56.8 KB

Key points:
    - The Katana V.Werks was softer in bending stiffness and quite softer in torsional stiffness than the Katana. The Katana is stiff, specially in torsion!! But be careful, it is the longest ski of this bunch.
    - Beside being lighter, the Volkl Mantra M5 and the Mantra V.Wreks have quite similar stiffnesses.
    - For their weight, torsional stiffness is high for both BMT skis we have in the database. Their bending stiffness is medium/low depending on the model.
    - Unfortunately, we were not able to measure the BMT90...

Don’t clog the toilet bro!

Alude - great, thanks!

Great stuff indeed! Merci!