Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Season Over - Remember the Good Times

We're all bummed the lift served season is over (for most at least). For many areas it was a great season (sorry Tahoe). While mega passes caused plenty of drama, lots of us used them to see new (to us) areas or revisit some favorites. Plenty of Mags continued the tradition of get-togethers around the world. Even with the bumps, it was pretty awesome.

I'm a regular weekend warrior and was pretty happy with my 25 days I got. Spent lots of time with my kids and watched serious improvement. Yesterday I had my 3 boys up with me for a few hours ripping around Alpental hunting for jumps and if that's my last day of the year, I can end happy.

This post is for 19-20 season memory stoke only. All poly ass or bitching can GTFO. Let's share some of the good times.

Yep, great season even though my days were limited. I got a few great powder days riding solo, a few leftover days showing some good friends around and sharing their stoke, and a few more with local buddies in the backcountry. Hoping to get more days touring this spring. Definitely a quality over quantity season for me.

Great pic with your boys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7167 (2).jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	320391
    - 36 days
    - Discovered uncrowded skiing at Tamarack, ID (pictured), and Beaver Mountain, UT
    - Skied the Gold Hill chutes (9) at Telluride for the first time
    - Some nice powder days in Tahoe poking around in the trees even with the long dry spell

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ill throw up sum stokes when i gits the chance
    and theres bullwheel spinnins season
    and still good snow to to be skied season
    and fuck it im going skiing anyway season
    my take
    it never sucks to ski with your friends
    and attempt to enjoy each chance like it could be the last
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Short as it was, the lift served season was sweet. 14 days included 3 at Crystal. Finally took my kids on a storm chase, 41” in 36 hours for their first Western trip. Also hit a 28” in 48 hours storm at WF, which included my first adventure over to Slide 5 for knee deep untracked ADK goodness. So, memorable stuff this short season. Also hit two other 12”+/- storms at WF as well. Will have to rely on the skins for any more low angle/low risk turns this spring!

Name:	DSCN2194.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	938.3 KB 
ID:	320400
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Bluebird powder day with a member of the US speed team. Definitely my top day of the winter.

Hell fuckin yes to this post.

My highlight was Jackson. I skied it in 2003 as an intermediate in 60° temps, frightened of every blind corner or drop. This season I skied it for 4 days (1 Ghee) as though it were my domain, lovingly embracing me on every run it had, true to being the best jungle gym playground mountain ever, in only 5in of fresh snow on the first day only, safety meetings galore, 40k ft per day, after my multiple sclerosis returned from a 16 year hiatus last summer,,,,, on a monoski.

I do not care how much shit I take for this post, but the thought did cross my mind while sitting on the lower 100 feet of sublette ridge, giving thanks for the week that gave, that if the season ended right there.... maybe if next season brought a sit ski to be neccessary....maybe even if I died...I was incredibly happy, and thankful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Hell fuckin yes to this post.

My highlight was Jackson. I skied it in 2003 as an intermediate in 60° temps, frightened of every blind corner or drop. This season I skied it for 4 days (1 Ghee) as though it were my domain, lovingly embracing me on every run it had, true to being the best jungle gym playground mountain ever, in only 5in of fresh snow on the first day only, safety meetings galore, 40k ft per day, after my multiple sclerosis returned from a 16 year hiatus last summer,,,,, on a monoski.

I do not care how much shit I take for this post, but the thought did cross my mind while sitting on the lower 100 feet of sublette ridge, giving thanks for the week that gave, that if the season ended right there.... maybe if next season brought a sit ski to be neccessary....maybe even if I died...I was incredibly happy, and thankful.

And as of 1:19pm PST, Mt Baker may be the last place open. So it technically isn't over yet. Fingers crossed. I bet $100 its the last day today. Fuck.

Name:	20200223-07.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	320421

never stood where I took this pic from before in the 6 years I've lived here, and it's been on the bucket list since I first laid eyes on it. super stoked to have made it and will never forget that day.

life and skiing will go on my friends

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    it never sucks to ski with your friends
    This was a great season for me.

Lots of soft snow all season long.

No too many below zero days.

Got solid with my lady friend.

Big highlight of the season was a visit from SFB and the Utah Crew for a multi-day smokeshack tour (that coincided with a powder dump).

Overall I had a great season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    and attempt to enjoy each chance like it could be the last
    Truth.

Skied 39 days before the shutdown, plan to dust off my tele skis and get 11 backcountry. Can't face not skiing at least 50 days. Kind of looking forward to skiing some mountains around Helena this spring that I've ignored. Got good memories of this season for sure, days with the fam and lots of days alone. Grateful for every day on the mountain.

Name:	20191129_133132.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	320472

Name:  83918339_10213319667784956_3694767464882634752_o.jpg
Views: 2114
Size:  148.7 KB

Good on you Phatty...

It was a weird season for me, but good on many levels too. The day I took this picture was extra special, getting to ski bottomless blower with the lady.

Name:	IMG_7660.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	320478

Feb in Colorado was great. Very glad I was getting out 4 days a week while the getting was good or there at all for that matter. Getting up at 4 am so I could get done with work early and make afternoon turns wasn’t always easy but it was worth it. Lots of fun afternoons unwinding with turns.

Edit: maybe the basin will open again. Idk even that seems doubtful to me right now

Certainly sad to see it come to an end but many great days and watched my 9-year old improve a ton which was awesome. Finally made it to Japow and while the snow was a bit short of expectations, it was a great time with wonderful people and food. Yeah - found some snow a few days in Kiroro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7DE71A5B-774A-474D-9D81-E01EF9B89CC9.jpeg 
Views:	151 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	320483  

Passed my OEC final today. Challenging season, learned a lot, and made a lot of great new friends.

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Pretty solid season for what it was. I ain't planning on being done anytime soon, but so grateful for all the good times that were had this winter. Lots of tram laps, pow, hiking, and just got home today from a rogers pass trip with a day at Revy on the end, my first international ski trip. Talk about cutting it close.

So many good days with friends new and old.

Happytimefunbox on a country club day in LCC.

Name:	IMG_1157.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	320486

Mrs. Snowaddict's first pow turns after hip surgery

Name:	IMG_1148.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	689.5 KB 
ID:	320487

First time skiing pillows in Rogers pass.

Name:	IMG_1503.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	320488

Season Over - Remember the Good Times

I had a great day with my kid a couple weeks ago

Name:	71FE771E-4536-4798-8AC4-7BF7D2EAF799.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	320489

And a good day with my brother around new year’s

Name:	3B34A498-57D2-47C1-9551-45614E73475E.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	320493

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Good on you Phatty...

It was a weird season for me, but good on many levels too. The day I took this picture was extra special, getting to ski bottomless blower with the lady.

Name:	IMG_7660.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	320478
    Love that picture, ACH. I'm going to miss seeing the Tiger in Lot 4. It's always a sure sign that Mags are getting after it while I'm crushing the lower mountain with my kids.

Fuck you and your season stoke thread!!!
    Sincerely,
    Tahoe

edit-jk, we had lots of great days, just more corn than we would like at this point of the season.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Fuck you and your season stoke thread!!!
    Sincerely,
    Tahoe

edit-jk, we had lots of great days, just more corn than we would like at this point of the season.
    I was surprised how good the corn got, day after day, in February.... pretty unexpected

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Great season. After the gromettes champs were canceled we bailed to Targhee with the most ripping 4 some of a 9 and three 10 year olds you have ever seen. Today did not disappoint.

Name:	IMG_3118.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	705.4 KB 
ID:	320532

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

This was my second season after six years absence from skiing. Doing drills and getting used to wide skis paid off. On the last day of the season, I effortlessly skied runs at Taos I never skied before. And even hiked the ridge for the first time. Sad the season was short but it was a good one.

Name:	64C08D4E-E3EE-45E5-B7AA-20F6402A4B1C.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	496.0 KB 
ID:	320533

Had a great season. 66 days at hill over 300 gondi trips all of them super or hike laps. 5 non lift served and that number now will only increase. Lots of deep days. Thinking fondly of day that was reported as only 5cm but was in fact 25cm top to bottom.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Pretty stoked on my season for a number of reasons. First, thankful for my health and a career that allows me to skip out for a couple hours and get in some turns. I will never take either for granted.

I joined the forum this year and met some cool folks and solid ski partners. I'm a decent skier but man we have some rippers here.

I also upgraded my camera game this year and developed a whole new obsession. It is so addicting.

And while it is bittersweet that this is over

I'm pretty stoked on what's to come.