Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yeah it was a pretty good season.

December was a little boney. It started snowing right at Christmas- like it usually does. January was excellent. The remainder of the year was pretty nice. Great skiing. I got to ski a lot. Mrs. SIJ had a great season as well, she skied more than me.

Again, the storm cycle in January was one for the record books.

It’s bike season now.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

You know it’s gonna snow like a MFer now that resorts are closed...

Snowbowl still open (for now)
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It was a great season for me. I got about 40 days in before it all closed down. Lots of great pow days early on, not too shabby for desk jockey like myself. Most of my days were with the kid who improved dramatically this year. Last day of the year was race day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1155.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	320546

Name:	IMG_1150.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	320547

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post

Rotate this another 5-6degs to get the trees vertical

Love the vapor trail!

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Rotate this another 5-6degs to get the trees vertical

Good eye. Can't believe I missed that

Snowbowl still open (for now)

the back country was firing yesterday!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Had an ok season. Skied a fair amount. Went to some new places, and generally had a good time, even though conditions weren't always cooperative. Bummed the lift served season ended early, but should get some good tours in over the next few weeks.

Didn't take many pics this year, but a couple from some good touring days:

Riding lifts went out with a bang! Time to start hiking.

Name:	IMG_7354.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	320565

Finally snowed on the last day of the season. Still had a great season. Only 25 days of lift served, but it looks like I'll be getting in some more touring than I thought. Saturday was amazing. Found a untracked chute that people kept bypassing on a traverse. Finally hit is my third time through. First turn was a safety turn, making sure I was in soft snow, not sure how deep below the ice layer was, second turn a tad more aggressive, then I realized I could open it up. Came flying out and had my best three turns of the season. After 24 days of different versions of packed, hard packed and very hard packed snow, it was such joy to be in deep fluff. Then the season ended a short while later.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Had an ok season. Skied a fair amount. Went to some new places, and generally had a good time, even though conditions weren't always cooperative. Bummed the lift served season ended early, but should get some good tours in over the next few weeks.

Didn't take many pics this year, but a couple from some good touring days:

Damn, you got some white room!
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

This was as good as it got for me this season:

January trip to SLC —>

9 days and 90” of fresh. That was a winner. A definite top 5 day ever and a couple more that made me think about that statement.

Got daughter on U10 ski team and skied more shitty conditions back East than I ever have. Had a blast watching her improve and only 1 of 45+ days on local hill did I struggle to find anything positive to say about the experience.

Wasn’t ready to quit, but damnit I’ll take it.

I had a great time this season. Skied more blower than the last 2 combined, probably skied more days than the last 2 combined. Relocated from a weather-shadowed race mountain to a world class powder resort, hired into patrol, spent all my free time in the backcountry. Took very few photos, made it without injury, no gear issues. Time to get a sunburn.
    Name:  51010801_2347998835235110_6097804033521614848_n.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  116.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This was as good as it got for me this season:
    groovy edit man!
    27° 18°

Great idea, phatty! I ended up with about 24 days this year. Not as many deep days as I would have liked, but got to ski with my son in UT and got to sneak a Whistler trip in with all the kids but one right before the shutdown. Would have loved a beautiful spring skiing session to end the season, but all in all I cannot complain.

Name:	IMG_4248.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	320712

Name:	BB44ACBA-C0EC-4B2A-B775-8BAE8491A4A9.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	762.3 KB 
ID:	320713
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Got down to Jackson to enjoy some sweet January laps at the village thanks to Maggot of the Year Djongo. Had a pretty good first season at a new hill after a bittersweet departure from the fun that is BB after 21 seasons. Hoping for some more turns but I dont quite get after it like I used to. Looking forward to some good spring stoke from crazies, t-roots, beartooths etc. Get some boys.

Some highs and lows to my season.

Only got 3 days in this season, but they were pretty memorable days. Memorable not only because they were the first 3 days I've ever spent in Jackson Hole in some of the softest conditions I've encountered but also because a close friend of mine who was supposed to come on the trip passed in an accident several weeks prior. We were at Whistler last year and I was stoked to be riding with him again seeing as how he hadn't boarded in almost a decade and assumed he'd hung it up.

And now this Coronavirus BS. Hope everyone made the most of theirs before this turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    Some highs and lows to my season.

Only got 3 days in this season, but they were pretty memorable days. Memorable not only because they were the first 3 days I've ever spent in Jackson Hole in some of the softest conditions I've encountered but also because a close friend of mine who was supposed to come on the trip passed in an accident several weeks prior. We were at Whistler last year and I was stoked to be riding with him again seeing as how he hadn't boarded in almost a decade and assumed he'd hung it up.

And now this Coronavirus BS. Hope everyone made the most of theirs before this turn of events.
    P.S. I couldn't help but grin inside and think about this forum when I was in the tram line and a scraggly local walking to the end muttered just loud enough for everyone to hear "Ikon't believe this"

28 days, got my pass down to 55 dollars a day and change.

I am a bit of a spreadsheet geek.

By day

Some andesite, some morning star, annoying lines and skiers
    Bowl/Challenger/ 1 andesite, less crowded, good skiing, still thin.
    2 liberty laps, 4 bowl laps, 1 andesite to locker, 2-3" new dense snow, decent skking, moderate crowd for a Sunday.
    MLB skiing, challenger, Liberty Bowl, 1 Silver knife. Great day, good skiing. No new snow. Fun day.
    X-mas day, mainly skiing around to say hello. 1 Liberty, 5 bowk, 1 challenger, 1 andesite
    Ski groomers with Pete all Andesite/soco
    Ski groomers with Pete & Seely all Andesite/soco
    1st tram of the 20s, Liberty kinda sucked. 4 bowl laps, 1 Headwaters bowl (thin) Lone Tree and Ice House, up the Ocho and out.
    Skied with Tallsman (TRG) poked around a bit here and there, Bowl, Challenger, Andesite, Lone Tree. So so skiing, windy & mild. Good company
    Bowl closed, tram closed, Avalanche cycle in progress. Challenger open, 4-6" new, decent skiing. 2 Lone tree laps, 5 Challenger laps, 1 Never Sweat, 1 So-co to S/P and then back to the locker.
    4 Challengers, 3 wardance, 2 Bowl. 1 cold spring/fire, Icehouse. 6+" new, good skiing not too busy for a Saturday. Tram still closed.
    Tram broken, bowl on hold, skied some andesite/lone moose and 1 Challenger. Quasi powder day
    Crons/Dobies slid deep slab, bowl on hold, 6 Challanger laps, sunny & cold.
    Late storm put down 4-10" new snow, excellent skiing, 6 Challengers laps, 6 Headwaters, 1 gunmount and up the 8 and out.
    Skied with Sandie/Brendan, Rick/Kim & Mark/Sam. All over the place. Ice for and rime on goggles day.
    skied with sandie and Brendan, mostly cruisers around the mountain. Fun day.
    Skied Bridger with Sandie and Brendan, 7" new. Good day, skied Pats Chute.
    Skied Big Sky with Pete and Brad, hooked up with Yeahman. Rockvill x 3, some shedhorn laps (meh) and 5 bow laps
    Wanker Wednesday with a cast of charectars. 1 lap in Marx 3 in Challenger, roamed about, good skiing
    Met up with Brandy, crowded as hell, skied Challenger and single jack, bumbled about the south side of lone moose, saw god.
    Skied with Krebs, 3 bowl, 2 Challenger, not much new snow, excellent skiing, crowded.
    8-10" new, bowl & challenger, partly cloudy, busy with some lines.
    6-8 mew, didn't ski deep. Bowl, Challenger, 3 laps in the double jack area. Skis tuned.
    I skied like shit, back issues and stoned to the bone. Guardrail bowl, spanish peaks area, soco, caught a tram lap, lenin was thick but good, I sucked.
    Sunny cold, light winds, good skiing but firming up. Dakota, Shedhorn, Challenger.
    Sunny, high pressure day, light winds, not soft, not hard, kind of busy. Skied a little of everywhere, Tram line ridiculous.
    poor vis. Contact issues, skied N Summit with Orloff,
    M&M (A-Zs) N Summit, big tram line, sunny, mild, skied with Noelle and her dad.
    Parachute, Marx, 5 bowl laps. Sunny, 10+" new, busy, big lines.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Skied with Krebs,
    Ur doin it wrong
    You’re supposed to cycle with Krebs.

Funny thing is, he is one of my regular riding buddies as well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

zomg Pls make a gazillion awful “Krebs cycle” jokes on my behalf next time you ride

I got 15 days in all in Utah, which is not bad considering I live in NC. The only silver lining is my 16 and 14 year were on the cusp of skiing better than me and now I have bragging rights for one more summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 +/- days up at the 'bird twas all good, check that, great, times. i swear there was at least one sucky day... okay, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Good eye. Can't believe I missed that

This is a wall-hanger for sure. That is some solid vapor trail stoke right there.
    Last edited by I, the Powfinder; 03-17-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    style matters...