Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hey, brundo. The Krypton 130 ID is the boot you want to try on. It is lower volume overall than the 99mm Full Tilt last, though I wouldn't call it a snug fit through the ankle and heel. In years past Dalbello offered many of its models with a choice of wrap or tongue liners (ID meant "Intuition/Dalbello" and was a wrap), but they seem to be getting away from that now.

No manufacturer really offers a narrow heel fit, they are all medium to medium wide. The perception of better heel hold comes from aggressively contouring the liner around the ankle and achilles - Salomon and Nordica are known for this. Works well unless you have a wide achilles or are simply not used to how ski boots fit, in which case some people complain about tightness. Likewise, a boot with a small ankle circumference, especially overlap designs, reduce the amount of vertical travel at the heel - downside is these boots can be challenging to put on/take off, especially if you have a tall instep.

If you think you want a 12 Full Tilt tongue, order them now as supply on any of their tongues is inconsistent. They are showing "in stock" now on the FT website. If you don't use them, they should be easy to sell later.

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/p/ft-pro-tongue-flex-12

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post

Also couldnt I get a first chair 10 while boots are on sale right now and if I needed stiffer, I could buy a 12 tongue later?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that’s what I was suggesting earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Get a fulltilt first chair and put a #12 tongue on it.
    Good to go.

How do the fit of Krypton 130 IDs compare with the FT first chair 10s? The full tilts felt "fine" but didn't have as good of a heel lock as the s max.

Also couldnt I get a first chair 10 while boots are on sale right now and if I needed stiffer, I could buy a 12 tongue later?

Not really a direct comparison since I went down a shell size from FT to Kryptons, but Kryptons fit longer hence dropping a shell size. Given my large instep volume, I'm surprised all I needed was to heat mold the liners (and a footbed) to make it work in that area. I think this speaks to the larger volume in the instep and ankle area Greg mentioned above, as well as 3 pieces being friendlier to high instep folks.

Heel hold was much better too in the Kryptons, can't say for sure if it's cuz the heel pocket is more anatomical (looks like it from the outside), or the liner, or the angle of the buckle.

And yea, totally forgot you could just buy a 12 tongue from FT and slap em on this year's FC 10s if you end up in FTs.

Speaking of Dalebellos, did anyone listen to John Collinson on the LPP podcast? Says he rawdogs his boots (no heat molds, footbeds, or other mods whatsoever).

Three Piece Boots

Moved to a Krypton AX 120, half way through the season, I can’t get over how much better it is at reducing shock. So much easier for me to bust through harbor chop with this boot. It also fits my chicken legs like a glove. Wish I had done this years ago.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Moved to a Krypton AX 120, half way through the season, I can’t get over how much better it is at reducing shock. So much easier for me to bust through harbor chop with this boot. It also fits my chicken legs like a glove. Wish I had done this years ago.
    What were you in before? An overlap boot?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Hey, brundo. The Krypton 130 ID is the boot you want to try on. It is lower volume overall than the 99mm Full Tilt last, though I wouldn't call it a snug fit through the ankle and heel. In years past Dalbello offered many of its models with a choice of wrap or tongue liners (ID meant "Intuition/Dalbello" and was a wrap), but they seem to be getting away from that now.

No manufacturer really offers a narrow heel fit, they are all medium to medium wide. The perception of better heel hold comes from aggressively contouring the liner around the ankle and achilles - Salomon and Nordica are known for this. Works well unless you have a wide achilles or are simply not used to how ski boots fit, in which case some people complain about tightness. Likewise, a boot with a small ankle circumference, especially overlap designs, reduce the amount of vertical travel at the heel - downside is these boots can be challenging to put on/take off, especially if you have a tall instep.

If you think you want a 12 Full Tilt tongue, order them now as supply on any of their tongues is inconsistent. They are showing "in stock" now on the FT website. If you don't use them, they should be easy to sell later.

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/p/ft-pro-tongue-flex-12
    Thanks Greg, I'll be on the lookout to try and find a place I can try it on but it may be a while with this quarentine going on. I was hoping to get a pair with these late season sales going on. Might have to buy online from a place with a good return policy just to try them on. Appreciate all the advice, sorry about your Whistler trip.

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    Not really a direct comparison since I went down a shell size from FT to Kryptons, but Kryptons fit longer hence dropping a shell size. Given my large instep volume, I'm surprised all I needed was to heat mold the liners (and a footbed) to make it work in that area. I think this speaks to the larger volume in the instep and ankle area Greg mentioned above, as well as 3 pieces being friendlier to high instep folks.

Heel hold was much better too in the Kryptons, can't say for sure if it's cuz the heel pocket is more anatomical (looks like it from the outside), or the liner, or the angle of the buckle.

And yea, totally forgot you could just buy a 12 tongue from FT and slap em on this year's FC 10s if you end up in FTs.

Speaking of Dalebellos, did anyone listen to John Collinson on the LPP podcast? Says he rawdogs his boots (no heat molds, footbeds, or other mods whatsoever).
    Thanks for the comparison. I have a high instep as well so glad to hear the kryptons are working well for you.

I heard that as well on the podcast, what a lucky (or tough) guy. Also it almost sounded like he was skiing the lupos as his everyday boot, in and out of bounds which I thought was odd, could have misheard though.

What were you in before? An overlap boot?

Tecnica Mach 130
    crab in my shoe mouth