Today i met the ski thief

Today at Alpental I observed a man with a pair of 2006 Seth Pistols. The man was in his fifties im guessing. I immediately noticed the skis he had since they happened to be rare(pink k2 logo instead of purple) and told him they looked just like a pair that i had tha were stolen 2 years ago across the street at summit west. He insisted that he bought the skis new 10 years ago....first red flag. Then i asked him what length they were and he said " 198s" which i knew was bullshit because the longest they came in was 189. 2nd red flag. At the time i looked at the skis and thought that maybe they weren't mine because they looked shorter than 189 but it was hard to tell because now he was standing over them defensively so it was hard to get a good guess on length.
    Then i looked at the bindings and they had a silver look toe and a solomon heel. 3rd red flag. I also had looks on my skis that were stolen. In the moment i tried to remember what color the look bindings i had were and something told me possibly black but ive had so many pairs of looks over the years at this time i wasnt certain enough to strong arm the pos theif for my skis. Something just didnt add up but this dirtbag was giving me the full on serpent smile...
    I knew those were my skis they were beckoning me, begging for me to ski them again. Well i had this feeling while all this was taking place, such a strong feeling that it overwhelmed my ability to process the facts and inconsistencies in this cons story. I even offered to buy the skis back. At this point i could tell he was getting very nervous but like the spineless piece of filth he was he stuck to his story and we parted ways. The skiing was good and momentarily i was distracted and forgot about my encounter with stolen property that belonged to me.

I get home and it dons on me like a ton of bricks that i went for the okie doke and should been intelligent enough to figure it out right there and call the asshole out on his lies. I was thinking about the binding and trying to remember what color they were and if they were silver with the neon afd like i saw on the skis that the thief had. Then i remembered i have a picture on my Facebook of my daughter and i posing with skis and im holding the skis. Boom what do you know silver look toe green afd... Case closed i am certain beyond a doubt that i met the man who stole my skis, with my skis, and the yeller bellied varmin sat there with a straight face and lied to me knowing damn well he stole them. The old me would have decked him taken my skis and had a detective looking for me so in a way its good that i didnt make it a physical altercation.
    Im posting this here because I know maggots have an amazing ability to reconnect other mags with lonng lost skis whether they've been stolen or fallen off the back of the a truck. I also know that i may not see this shit head again and if i do odds are slim that he will be on my skis again but someone may know him or recognize him or skis. Remember they have a silver look toe piece with neon afd and an older solomon heel (also silver)
    If someone sees this asshole pleasetake his picture, publicly roast him or try and figure out his name. License plate etc. I would really like these skis back as they were one of the last things my father gave me before he died.
    pictures of me with skis and my daughter about a week before they were stolen

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Today i met the ski thief

Wait... look toe with solly heel? Fuck that guy.

I’ll keep an eye out. But I hope you find him first.

Man...so close

I can’t even imagine the brick that guy must have shit knowing they were stolen and seeing you, svs-world’s most intimidating skier, were the owner.

Do they have laptops at the lifts to check pictures on passes like they do now at many resorts? Maybe you could skim through the people that scanned tickets that day and then you'd have a name.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Man...so close

I can’t even imagine the brick that guy must have shit knowing they were stolen and seeing you, svs-world’s most intimidating skier, were the owner.
    I thought Sir Vic looked like a friendly chap when I saw him in person. Fuck that thief though.

Bravo on not leveling the scum bag SVS.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I can’t even imagine the brick that guy must have shit knowing they were stolen and seeing you
    THIS! SVS is no small figure, the earth shakes when he skis.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I thought Sir Vic looked like a friendly chap when I saw him in person.
    he cleans up well!

Eyes are open if he ventures east of the pass.

This can not end like this!

You should have told him to slit his throat. You have balls enough to tell me, but not this guy? What a fucking pussy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Jesus SVS, that was tough to read. The mismatched bindings are a strong giveaway.

Respect for not losing your shit in front of your daughter.

Dude, that sucks! Since my garage "leak" I've become schizophrenic. Always on lookout for those camo BG, every time I see green bases, I'm about to chase the person and make sure it's not my pair.
    Is there a way you should treat a thieve once you met him in person? I know that leting him taste my boot is not a way to act, but...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Robik i sure hope you get a chance to confront your ski theif... That guy is like a 100 Ogdens on the pos scale because he stole your kids gear. He definitely deserves to get his, not sure it would be the best thing to do... Even if its the right thing to do assault charges have a way of messing your life up good.

I hear you. Kid is shredding his new board that I found used just to end the season, I've got some other skis added, but I still go mad every time I look at my garage without my bike and other stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dude, if you showed the cops that pic, maybe had your serial number written down somewhere (this is key), I doubt they'd arrest you or cite you with anything. You are allowed to defend yourself and your property. Confrontation is hard though. Especially physical confrontation. Unless you're a fucking psycho.
    The heel pieces were different though? Weird.

There's a way you can confront a suspected thief without them knowing it's a confrontation: "oh cool, I had X like that, how do you like X? Get a good deal on them somewhere?" Etc in that line. I thought someone found/stole a cool hat of mine one time, but it was just a remarkable coincidence. Really. I suppose that's what you did, but I'd have kept going. "Oh, you bought 2006's new only 10 years ago in a length they didn't come in?" I don't have kids and I work for myself so I guess I can be more aggressive.

A cop stole me back my bike because I had filed a police report with serial number and someone spotted it chained up in front of a dorm on campus the following winter. Don't think anyone was dumb enough to report it missing.

Anyway, write down your serial numbers, people!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I went to go night shreddin' up there that same day but didn't realize they closed Alp's night skiing earlier than the rest of the hill so I ended up at Silver Fir/Central... Anyways, I'll keep a look out too. Those skis stand out like a sore thumb, so if he continues riding at Alp or Crystal or Stevens, I'm sure he'll be spotted by someone on these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Do they have laptops at the lifts to check pictures on passes like they do now at many resorts? Maybe you could skim through the people that scanned tickets that day and then you'd have a name.
    this.

I dunno what alpental has:

our base areas / lift loading areas have cameras. electronic scanned chip passes.
    ask to review camera footage, see when he scanned his pass. name at minimum.
    Every season pass has a current photo which you can ID cause you saw the guy. name number contact info address ...

yahtzee.
    Offer to take your skis back in exchange for not directing the fuzz to him.
    Then sue him small claims for loss of use for all those years.