COVID-19 and the powers that be at your hill.

What has big brother implemented at your hill?

So far the only thing obvious is partially loading the gondola. Max four people (capacity is eight) of the same group. If you are a group of one you ride solo. Lines weren't super long, but were super slow. Also saw a lifty sparying and wiping a few spots on each cabin. That is going to get old real fast. An email from the mountain said there will be changes in food services, but didn't saw what. Nothing obvious so far, but the only thing on eat on the mountain is beer.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I read that Snowbasin is telling guests they can ride the gondola solo if they want to.

I predict many/most ski resorts will close in the next week or two. Especially in Colorado.

50% loading on Gondola and Tram, which is complete bullshit if ‘social distancing’ is supposed to be one meter. That would make for, like, 6-8 people per tram.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

TRAM CLOSED

-----------------
    Jackson Hole @jhski
    7m

As part of our goal to support social distancing and enhance guest and staff safety, the Aerial Tram will be closed starting tomorrow 3/14/20 and load capacity will be limited on the gondolas. See the steps JHMR is taking: bit.ly/jh-covid

Mt Rose sent an email on the various cleaning steps they're taking, including wiping down surfaces with antibacterial wipes.

Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Are they going to wipe down each French fry after the cook sneezed on them?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

this virus is getting on my nerve

Anti

Bacterial

Think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Taos just announced they're closing 3/22, was supposed to fly out 3/20... bummer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 6.56.19 PM.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	320186

I spoke with one of the lifties at Wolfy earlier today. So far it's looking like they will close on their scheduled date after the first week of April. But they had contemplated opening on weekends only following the first week, and that will likely not happen now.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Ha until today mt rose was gonna hold a 500 person film festival indoors tonight. Ironically it might be the safest place in Tahoe this weekend with schools closing in the bay

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Got a trip to atla/bird starting april 10th...fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No indoor food or beverage service effective tomorrow morning. I'm bummed because the chicken & waffles were to die for. But based on the behavior I observed today with parents using lodge space as a de-facto coworking space and letting their little runts ski the hill as a daycare, I get it.

My liquor cabinet will be open this weekend to affected locals & regulars provided they ski in and out of the place

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Got a trip to atla/bird starting april 10th...fingers crossed

Hope you can get your money back. Not looking good right now. However it’s kinda doomsday here since schools closed for 2 weeks today.

Big Sky just announced partial loading. Just got back. I'm sure Snowbowl doesn't give a fuck.
    I gotta wonder though: does everyone being bundled up (especially if it's cold) help slow transmission, or does everyone congregating in the line spreads it the same as if they were loading full chairs/trams/gondis? Does it really matter?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Hope you can get your money back. Not looking good right now. However it’s kinda doomsday here since schools closed for 2 weeks today.
    Ohio closed all schools the other day. If this fails I'll go warm.

Theoretically being out doors with lots of ventilation for short periods should not allow transmission, assuming you aren't french kissing the lifties or somebody is coughing directly in your face.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

My local hill is closed for the season due to snow conditions but I'm interested in measures that will be taken elsewhere. That said when skiing your pretty well covered probably the best of any sport. Im betting lodges will get shut down but not necessarily the mountains themselves.

Whistler Blackcomb closed for a week as of the 15th.

I don't think the mom and pop hills around here can afford to suspend operations if people are still coming and buying tickets and beers. Not without some kind of bailout.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.