Freeride Systems Base Layer shirts IRL

Now that most of us have used (and abused) our Freeride System Base Layer shirts from the group buy, how are folks washing it? I know that MiCol said to treat it very gently and hand wash it, which I've been doing, but how about you folks that don't give a shit and have just tossed it into the laundry with your stank drawers and funky Ts. Is it holding up? Do you regret it? Any pics of the inside layer since all those little pillows of insulation are supposed to be popping open?

I tossed it in on gentle, cold. Washed it 2 or 3 times now. It's fine but not quite as soft as at first. Air dried. Then again, I've probably worn it 10 days so that is to be expected.

I’ve got ~15 days in one and somehow still no funk. May never have to wash it. It does show some abrasion from pack straps and hip belt but nothing egregious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the "don't give a shit" category. With all due respect to MiCol, I do not follow his washing guidelines for any of my FRS garments. The base layer has held up no problem to warm washing on gentle cycle and same for my Antero 2+. Base layer has been washed a dozen times, and my shell has been washed at least once a season for the last 5 years. I do try to use a good sports wash like Atsko or Revivex for the shell, but the base layer goes in with regular (not covered in pet hair) laundry and Tide detergent. I let in hang-dry and then a short cycle in the dryer on medium heat.

Base layer is just fine, being washed in our front loader with warm water.

Hang dry. Of course!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Machine wash and dry with everything else. I've done this with the first two I bought in the original group buy (2 years ago?), and the same with the new ones. They seem fine to me.

I've washed both of mine once on the gentlest cycle our front loader has, and I've washed one of them a second time by hand in the sink. Neither have ever been in the dryer. Both still look and feel new.

I'm in the don't give a shit camp (or didn't know any better) and throw it in the wash with all my other clothes and have probably washed it 10 times then let air dry. Holding up just fine.