Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Spanish flu man.

Hope it gets better.
    Everyone who knows me has issued me a cease and desist fir saying Spanish Flu. They don't find it as funny as I do.

Predictions, who will be the first regular poster to get the beer virus?

My daughter is a CNA and works at a Seattle-area hospital. She started treating “COVID-19 rule out” patients two nights ago. If the come back positive, they move to the Corona wing. If they test negative, they go somewhere else (or go home). She is like the Corona virus sorting hat or something.

So, since she still lives at home, I’m screwed. 🦠
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    busses are just viral incubators.

Also had some shit go through the house recently. The boy got it first, pretty bad. 103 fever for several days then a nasty cough for a week. That was early February. Wife and I had it together, her worse than me, but not nearly as bad as the kid. Daughter next, two weeks after we recovered. She had high fever for 6 days. Missed 7 days of school, first day back on Wednesday.

Nobody got tested but my assumption is flu. Not many jet setters around these parts, timing doesn’t seem right, and kids symptoms a lot worse than ours seems to rule out CRF.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I like beer.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I like beer.
    Yup.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    jer
    already has it
    along with
    full blown aids
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Everyone who knows me has issued me a cease and desist fir saying Spanish Flu. They don't find it as funny as I do.
    You ever get a flu test? I think if you tested negative on A and B we could call this thing.

Probably should have been the strategy for everyone without real tests: symptoms + negative influenza A + negative influenza B = presumed positive.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    jer
    already has it
    along with
    full blown aids
    It really wasn’t even funny ten years ago, swing and a miss dickweed.
    Take a lap boomah.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You ever get a flu test? I think if you tested negative on A and B we could call this thing.

Probably should have been the strategy for everyone without real tests: symptoms + negative influenza A + negative influenza B = presumed positive.
    They won't test me even for regular flu. Been on the phone a lot. I have pretty much given up. On another note, my temp reading a few minutes ago was 97.3. That's a low for me.

^that's Fahrenheit? 37 Celsius happens to what's considered normal body temp.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It really wasn’t even funny ten years ago, swing and a miss dickweed.
    Take a lap boomah.
    Full blown aids is still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    ^that's Fahrenheit? 37 Celsius happens to what's considered normal body temp.
    Yes. Fahrenheit. There's a brief discussion in the main ratflu thread between yours truly and KQ about how some people run low. My normal is mid to upper 97s.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

Fourth option is viral syndrome. One of my charge nurses got knocked out of service the other night by one of these patients.

Bandit Man, that's kind of selfish that they make a CNA pull that role. You want as few people as possible to be exposed to the patient. The nurse HAS to see the patient. Why the additional exposure?

Full blown aids is still funny.
    Take a cruise
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Fourth option is viral syndrome. One of my charge nurses got knocked out of service the other night by one of these patients.

Bandit Man, that's kind of selfish that they make a CNA pull that role. You want as few people as possible to be exposed to the patient. The nurse HAS to see the patient. Why the additional exposure?
    No idea what their strategy is.

She texted me from work today and said all the patients she is caring for today are positive for COVID. I need to get a better idea of how the numbers look when she gets off her shift tonight.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Take a cruise
    I hear there are some fantastic deals out there now.
    watch out for snakes

Wife tested negative, kids school is closed for two weeks, and I am working solo wearing a full face respirator and tyvek suit all week anyway doing bottom prep and painting a 70' sailboat. I'm out of the running.

Planning a little getaway on that boat?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Planning a little getaway on that boat?
    HaHa... no, just trying to keep some income incoming before the world shuts down.

Yes. Fahrenheit. There's a brief discussion in the main ratflu thread between yours truly and KQ about how some people run low. My normal is mid to upper 97s.
    I think it's actually most people now. Mine is usually around 97 too. The theory is that when 37/98.6 was adopted as standard there was much more inflammation in the population at large due to chronic health conditions (e.g., TB IIRC), and so if a similar study were done today, the "normal" temperature would be set at a lower level.

In order to do my job I have to touch like 50 surfaces touched by 40 unhygienic scumbags, then sit in a bubble of air with random members of the general public, often low-income people who use transit to get to the hospital, clinic, and pharmacy when they're sick.
    Whenever something's going around everyone gets it. It's normal for me to feel myself fighting it off for a few days, while my coworkers get deathly ill.
    So far there has been zero, zero communication from our leadership about this. None whatsoever. The last relevant communication was 2 different all-employee meetings telling us we can't call in sick, that we all have to suck it up because there aren't enough people to cover shifts. There was a lot of "we've all had to come into work sick, that's what we do", and talking shit about people who do call in when they're sick. That was before all this, but sets the tone for our workplace culture. Pretty much the entire operation except me watches Fox News, you hear them talking about breitbart stories, they have the NRA newsletter on the breakroom table.
    They're all going to get this, they're going to come into work sick, everyone we transport is going to get it, many are elderly and ill, many will die.

My wife manages a small grocery store, cafe, and Starbuck's. There's more work to be done, tons more work than normal, and no extra labor to do it. People don't just appear. Payroll doesn't just appear. As people get sick, less work will be done....less stocking of goods, less cleaning, etc. The people who remain will be working long stressful hours with the sick public in a less-hygienic workplace.
    She's going to get it. Everyone who works there is going to get it. People who shop there are going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So far there has been zero, zero communication from our leadership about this. None whatsoever. The last relevant communication was 2 different all-employee meetings telling us we can't call in sick, that we all have to suck it up because there aren't enough people to cover shifts. There was a lot of "we've all had to come into work sick, that's what we do", and talking shit about people who do call in when they're sick.
    That is bullshit. They need to be communicating with you and developing a plan. I wonder if other transit systems are doing any better though. Won't catch me on trax or busses here for a bit.

I also work in the public sector, and there has been zero official internal communication about this and what the plan is. It's mildly disconcerting given our proximity to the epicenter of the outbreak.

Also our ski hill is shutting down for Covid 19.

Except on the weekends. Because that's when they're busy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MM is kinda stupid.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	320541

Pretty much the most Larry David of all the Larry Davids. "Oh we can't honor your season pass today, Covid-19"....But you're open when it's busy so wtf. Yeah, it wasn't worth the Covid risk when it was just season pass holders. umm, isn't it less risk when there's fewer of us? Well, that's our decision, it's for public safety so go pound sand!
    derpaderpa durrrrrrr
    derp derp a durr.

And the 20 something fratbro who runs it came in on a wave of bragging about how smart he is with his engineering degree.

Name:  Quality.Leadership.png
Views: 433
Size:  391.0 KB
    ^yes, this is him

Nothing says "young engineer" like openly insulting the intelligence of all your customers.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 03-16-2020 at 12:37 PM.