Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I also work in the public sector, and there has been zero official internal communication about this and what the plan is. It's mildly disconcerting given our proximity to the epicenter of the outbreak.
    Is this your boss?

The communication this morning is that it will be business as usual, including in-person meetings, until further notice. However, the mayor and city administrator will be working from home for the duration of the crisis. I shit you not.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The communication this morning is that it will be business as usual, including in-person meetings, until further notice. However, the mayor and city administrator will be working from home for the duration of the crisis. I shit you not.
    That's fucked up. At least our "leaders" have cancelled in person meetings. And I think they're here.

We've got guys cleaning sewer lines per usual today. You don't need to keep cleaning sewer lines. It's preventive maintenance. Could be put on hold. No fucking way I'd be on a vactor right now.

Current discussion among the fat and/or old and/or diabetic junk food eating chainsmokers at my work:
    People who stop taking the bus, and drivers who call in sick and nursing homes who cancel bus rides are “chickenshit”.

Cool.

Did you yell at them "I AIN'T SKEERD EITHER!" and then spit on the ground in their general direction?
    I still call it The Jake.

Wait I thought Iceman died and came back a few years ago, hence immune.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Wait I thought Iceman died and came back a few years ago, hence immune.
    He's Otzi. Didn't you learn anything from Game of Thrones?

"What is dead may never die."

Also, Otzi was from Northern Italy, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1297.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	431.5 KB 
ID:	320601
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I actually started a new job today. Was supposed to go to office and pickup laptop and prepare to work from home for forseeable future. They are now shipping laptop to my home. They also had a big all hands meeting to calm everyone. They reiterated that in their 25 years in the NYC metro area they have never had a layoff. Not 9/11, not 2008 econ collapse, not super storm sandy, and not now.

To be fair we are a managed service provider, we should be equipped for remote, and are. Hell I started today 100% remote.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1297.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	431.5 KB 
ID:	320601
    Did iceman's mom give you permission to post that topless pic of her?

... err, bottomless topless pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Did you yell at them "I AIN'T SKEERD EITHER!" and then spit on the ground in their general direction?
    I steadfastly maintained my individual program of social distancing, a program implemented (with sterling foresight I might note) roughly 5 years ago. My gold standard: if I can smell cigarettes or ashtray or hair spray or cheap-bucket laundry detergent or trailer park dive bar cologne I move further away.

I honestly feel like I have this bullshit. I spent the better part of Jan and Feb on planes and now I'm in the epicenter of this stuff having spent the first part of March glad handing people at events before they were shut down.

Had a sore throat for 3 days that turned into general malaise, chills and dry tightness in my chest with difficulty drawing breath. Its a dry cough now and headache. It sucks but I've felt worse, so assuming I dont get worse, I really hope I have the Rona so I will have built immunity. Then I'll be invincible. May stroll down abandoned 5th ave naked with a beer in my hand.

I'm not dead yet.

Sorry you have to deal with that depressive bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I honestly feel like I have this bullshit. I spent the better part of Jan and Feb on planes and now I'm in the epicenter of this stuff having spent the first part of March glad handing people at events before they were shut down.

Had a sore throat for 3 days that turned into general malaise, chills and dry tightness in my chest with difficulty drawing breath. Its a dry cough now and headache. It sucks but I've felt worse, so assuming I dont get worse, I really hope I have the Rona so I will have built immunity. Then I'll be invincible. May stroll down abandoned 5th ave naked with a beer in my hand.
    I'd bet money you have it man, and from what I've read by far the most likely outcome is that you'll be fine, and soon. But if by chance it goes the wrong way don't sleep on it.

Predictions, who will be the first regular poster to get the beer virus?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'd bet money you have it man, and from what I've read by far the most likely outcome is that you'll be fine, and soon. But if by chance it goes the wrong way don't sleep on it.
    Thanks ice. I’m stubborn about the doctor, especially if other folks need a bed, but I’ve had pneumonia before and it’s no picnic so I’ll stay on it.

Another symptom now that I think of it if anyone else ends up mirroring my experience - I feel dehydrated as shit. Don’t feel like drinking water but I feel dry to the bone. No fever to speak of that I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Be well, Art, don't die on us.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Art, isn't "general malaise" just a euphemism for our line of work?

Kidding aside, be well Art, take care of yourself.
    I still call it The Jake.

Predictions, who will be the first regular poster to get the beer virus?

Thanks guys. Gonna stay on this side of the dirt and away from other folks. Kids are at grandmas and the wife, who’s never been sick a day in her life, is completely apathetic. Her ass kicking immunosuppressed due to two wins against cancer, communist dodging, immigrant mother who sneaks cigarettes between cooking marathons just dropped off borscht and demanded a hug. So I’ll go before her but not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You totally have this. Peace and relax.

And studies show borscht kills all hate.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Keep a handle on it Art.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    "general malaise”
    Nice to meet you, I’m Colonel Clusterfuck.
    Now let’s go pick up Captain Cra.ptastic and Private Pissfist and get this van up to ramming speed.

Reading arts description, I think I have the same thing. Been sick for like a week now, can't shake this fucking thing. But it's been pretty mild. Raspy dry throat with limited cough, lethargic, I've had mild fever come and go. Tightness in the chest. Generally feel like crap. Still working from home and messing around with stuff around the house. Hopefully come out of it soon.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

There's some evidence that a course of doxycycline may prevent the opportunistic secondary infections compounding the viral pneumonia

Fwiw. A study recommending not taking ibuprofen if you have the rat flu.
    "ACE2 can also be increased by thiazolidinediones and ibuprofen"

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...116-8/fulltext
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang