Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    just got a report that 2 people in my office, including one on my floor, are presumed positive. We have all been remote since last Friday, but they were presumably infected while we were all there.

Been nice knowing y'all.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Also had some shit go through the house recently. The boy got it first, pretty bad. 103 fever for several days then a nasty cough for a week. That was early February. Wife and I had it together, her worse than me, but not nearly as bad as the kid. Daughter next, two weeks after we recovered. She had high fever for 6 days. Missed 7 days of school, first day back on Wednesday.

Nobody got tested but my assumption is flu. Not many jet setters around these parts, timing doesn’t seem right, and kids symptoms a lot worse than ours seems to rule out CRF.
    I visit many hospitals for work. I had the same thing, was very intense for 7 days but took a month plus to feel better. Tested negative for flu twice. Started with a sore throat, morphed into a hacking cough, culminated with chest infection. Needed Z pack to clear up the lungs. I flew every week 1/1-3/1. It hit me late January early February.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    just got a report that 2 people in my office, including one on my floor, are presumed positive. We have all been remote since last Friday, but they were presumably infected while we were all there.

Been nice knowing y'all.
    If only you could just get tested and find out sooner than later. Damn this is dumb.

My (separated) wife just woke up today with a fever and other symptoms and was told to not come in for a test for three days if she still has the fever at that time (she has asthma and is higher risk). We've been shuttling our kids back and forth between houses so I'll probably get it too. Fun!

I just can't shake the thing. Keep coughing up gnarly lung oysters, (credit to some tgr poster for the term, totally grossed my wife out) and general low energy feeling. I'm sort of working each day from home, but focusing is hard. Earthquake didn't help yesterday. But today is second day with no fever. I stopped taking cold medicine cause I hate how that stuff makes me feel. But low energy, mild aches, and coughin up the gnarlies continues ... I do hope I have it and it passes.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I'm pretty sure I had it already. Right after President's Day I got hit with 4 days of fever (wearing 2 puffies winter hat indoors/sweats/chills), full body ache, then lost my voice for 2 days, slept for 2 days straight, first ever no-call-no-show because even with my phone under my head, the only thing that woke me up was violent coughing. Couldn't even get words out over the coughing. Tried an inhaler, but vomited trying to breathe it in. Then it hit my chest, and the sheer volume of alien life forms that it produced over the next 3 days disgusted even me. Finally got a Z pack called in and it cleared up in 5 days. Now I feel great, and am really hoping I got it and never have to go through that again. I haven't even had a cold in years, so long I don't even remember.

This thread is nucking futs.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

And it's a race for first to the corona test! Which state's medical system will be the first to come through on providing an actual test??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Predictions, who will be the first regular poster to get the beer virus?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I just can't shake the thing. Keep coughing up gnarly lung oysters, (credit to some tgr poster for the term, totally grossed my wife out) and general low energy feeling. I'm sort of working each day from home, but focusing is hard. Earthquake didn't help yesterday. But today is second day with no fever. I stopped taking cold medicine cause I hate how that stuff makes me feel. But low energy, mild aches, and coughin up the gnarlies continues ... I do hope I have it and it passes.

sent from Utah.
    I’ve got the same thing going on right now. Trying to get tested but don’t really have a doctor here as I’ve only lived here a year, so I guess a drive up is my only option. Been a week now with not much sign of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’ve got the same thing going on right now. Trying to get tested but don’t really have a doctor here as I’ve only lived here a year, so I guess a drive up is my only option. Been a week now with not much sign of improvement.
    This is what I've really been wondering for a couple weeks now. If you knew, would it change anything? It's not like anyone can do anything for you until you are admitted. And that's a barely. Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    This is what I've really been wondering for a couple weeks now. If you knew, would it change anything? It's not like anyone can do anything for you until you are admitted. And that's a barely. Serious question.
    If you know you have it then you know you have to be in absolute lock down. Instead of just wondering. It makes it real and easier for the human brain to wrap it's head around. And it helps the numbers side of things. Having accurate numbers and maps helps us in the long run. Then there's the unknowns. Will you be non-contiguous at some point? When? We need a test for that. Will you be immune? We don't really know yet. Will you still be able to spread it? Can you now go function in society? In the long run testing and repeat testing will help answer those questions, even if it's after the fact. Unless of course one wants to keep the numbers down for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Will you be non-contiguous at some point?
    I certainly hope it doesn't tear me limb from limb.

Cdc self checker. My fever seems to have moved along, but the general crappiness and cough continue. Cdc checker not says I may have symptoms of covid, so stay at home. I filled the form out with fever, as I did have a fever for some time.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g/testing.html

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I certainly hope it doesn't tear me limb from limb.
    With your luck I would not be surprised. I hope we can meet for pint sized G&T when this is all over.

Nutmegchoi wins the prize

What’s the prize again?
    . . .

^hookers and blow, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nutmegchoi wins the prize

What’s the prize again?
    Immunity when you come through the other side---hopefully.

I saw people do get coronavirus twice.
    Probably different strains, but seriously though...
    One down, how many more to go???

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Cat like. One down 8 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    If you know you have it then you know you have to be in absolute lock down.
    Not to mention you could then tell everyone you came into contact with the week prior, which is kind of a big deal. God this is some dumb fucking third world country shit going on.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    We don't know for sure but the stories we've heard about people getting it twice are more likely relapse rather than reinfection.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    We don't know for sure but the stories we've heard about people getting it twice are more likely relapse rather than reinfection.
    The number of cases that have appeared to get it twice are also vanishingly small compared to the reported total which implies that it's almost nil relative to whatever the true total is.

Any updates?

Until we get mass testing, we can't tell relapse from reinfection.