Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    But how do we treat a general hangover then?
    I still call it The Jake.

The Mexicans swear by a bowl of menudo.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Que?

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The Mexicans swear by a bowl of menudo.
    Tis true, ya know! In my town, we also love us some Barbacoa + Big Red in the morning too after tying one on. We love it so much we even have an Annual Barbacoa and Big Red Festival! My wife's still like "What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Haha. I can't explain it either, but goddam I sure do love it!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    But how do we treat a general hangover then?
    Keep drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Reading arts description, I think I have the same thing. Been sick for like a week now, can't shake this fucking thing. But it's been pretty mild. Raspy dry throat with limited cough, lethargic, I've had mild fever come and go. Tightness in the chest. Generally feel like crap. Still working from home and messing around with stuff around the house. Hopefully come out of it soon.

sent from Utah.
    Sounds pretty similar. Stay hydrated and well rested if possible.

And thanks for the tips on the doxycycline and ibuprofen. I will stay away from the latter and have none of the former but if I feel stuff going sideways, I will make a call. The health care industry is fucked enough, not to mention the Seattle scene being overrun, that if I call I am sure the office will tell me that I cant get prescribed antibiotics unless I come in but Im not allowed to come in because I need to quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Keep drinking?
    Working from home and taking a look at some of the flame wars going on here, I think a few people have the Beer Virus
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

They should be able to prescribe you antibiotics over the phone given these circumstances. My doctor friend does it for me all the time, so it's not verboten as a general rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I really hope I have the Rona so I will have built immunity. Then I'll be invincible. May stroll down abandoned 5th ave naked with a beer in my hand.
    This is actually an interesting topic. It sounds like we aren't fully going to be out of the woods with this until a vaccine is approved and a good percentage of the world's population gets inoculated. So there's going to be a significant group of people who been through COVID-19 and presumably have at least some measure of immunity while the other poor schmucks are still going to be susceptible. It's going to create an interesting dichotomy.

Jeez, Art Shirk and basinbeater, I hope things go well for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm not dead yet.
    Oh that’s convincing

Really i feel much better.

I think I'll go for a walk.

Had a sore throat for 3 days that turned into general malaise, chills and dry tightness in my chest with difficulty drawing breath. Its a dry cough now and headache. It sucks but I've felt worse, so assuming I dont get worse, I really hope I have the Rona so I will have built immunity. Then I'll be invincible. May stroll down abandoned 5th ave naked with a beer in my hand.
    That describes my symptoms to a T. Got something from the first kid that cleared up. Then got something again after second kid, pretty mild, just felt tired and shitty. She had it bad, so I thought maybe it was something different, or I hadn't fully cleared the first round. Seemed like the timing was off, but I've talked to several people that got sick after traveling to areas with known cases. Given the lack of testing and general cluelessness, who knows what the true spread has been.

Or, it's just seasonal allergies.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I'm sure it's wishful thinking but I got blasted by something extremely similar in January in Austin. I was really sick but only for like 4 days and then I was dragging and beat for a while but better every day. Probably 8 days total I guess. #whistlinginthedark

I honestly feel like I have this bullshit. I spent the better part of Jan and Feb on planes and now I'm in the epicenter of this stuff having spent the first part of March glad handing people at events before they were shut down.

Had a sore throat for 3 days that turned into general malaise, chills and dry tightness in my chest with difficulty drawing breath. Its a dry cough now and headache. It sucks but I've felt worse, so assuming I dont get worse, I really hope I have the Rona so I will have built immunity. Then I'll be invincible. May stroll down abandoned 5th ave naked with a beer in my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Reading arts description, I think I have the same thing. Been sick for like a week now, can't shake this fucking thing. But it's been pretty mild. Raspy dry throat with limited cough, lethargic, I've had mild fever come and go. Tightness in the chest. Generally feel like crap. Still working from home and messing around with stuff around the house. Hopefully come out of it soon.

sent from Utah.
    Officially presumed positive and chest tightness, a little shortness of breath and lethargy are part of it for me. Self Q'd for about 4 days now. Doc said keep an eye of breath anytime, but days 8-12 seem to be something significant if it is gonna hit. Figured this was inevitable but fuck.

Point of order:

We ought to require a (possibly false) positive test to allow a beer virus first track claim, eh?
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

No ya don't
    "Thump"

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Point of order:

We ought to require a (possibly false) positive test to allow a beer virus first track claim, eh?
    That's gonna be the rub. Not many tests. Ms. Nutmeg is possibly going to be the first with a test?

He'll be stone dead in a minute

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Iceman dies in jeans.

RIP Iceman. You were one of the good ones. Miss you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Iceman fighting the Beer Flu

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    No ya don't
    "Thump"
    When I watch this in the current context, I can't help but think the old dude is a perfect representation of the current administration...

"Nothing. Here's your nine pence."

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    RIP Iceman. You were one of the good ones. Miss you
    Had he just cast off into the harbor and anchored a safe distance away for a while as I suggested, he would still be with us.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I've been fighting off what I'm pretty sure is a mild head cold. No fever. Nothing in my chest.
    I feel like sometimes all the anxiety everywhere actually makes the symptoms worse. Psychosomatic. My mom crying into the phone in hysterics didn't help.
    I'm immunocompromised due to a drug I'm on, but I won't die if I stop taking it if I get really sick like people who have had organ transplants. My back will just hurt a lot.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.