Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Sorry everyone I gotta say this after all the comments all over ski area webpages.

It’s absolutely unreal that pass holders are asking for refunds for the rest of the season. I mean come on. Seriously. I am friends with tons of the lifties and snow makers and all the other mountain employees just as a lot of you are. My dad relies and has relied on his ski patrol job for 48 years. People need to understand that it’s the middle of March. We are all bummed. But seriously break down the number of days skied and what you paid. It better be less the the cost of day tickets. If it’s not you shouldn’t be a pass holder. But seriously. Tons of people are now out of jobs and ski areas are now at zero income.

IF WE LOVE THIS SPORT WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE SKI AREAS AND REALIZE THAT IF THEY GIVE REFUNDS FOR SEASON PASSES THE MOUNTAINS WILL SHUT PERMANENTLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    mountains didnt close well cept Everest and those whose leases allow them to deny uphill access on theyre properties
    the ability of the bullwheel dependent to access them has been compromised severly at this time
    and pow mows done
    oh and
    i limes tom bie
    When you walk out the door in the morning, what matters most is not what type of skiing you do but whether that skiing is any good. On a waist-deep day, dropping into tight chutes or open bowls, down a sweet line throught the trees where pockets of wind-blown snow create so many natural lips and launching pads... So lets let the dubious bickering within our own sport die with it. The answer is already out there, along with the energy, the freedom, and the truth: What "saved skiing" is SKIING. - Tom Bie
    im betting skiing will still save skiing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

IF WE LOVE THIS SPORT WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE SKI AREAS AND REALIZE THAT IF THEY GIVE REFUNDS FOR SEASON PASSES THE MOUNTAINS WILL SHUT PERMANENTLY.
    I beg to differ, I had 20% of my season remaining. My area of choice is paying the seasonal staff until the end of this week after closing on Sunday. The patrol was tearing down the mountain today, there will be no re-open.

And then there are all the people who bought the April pass, good from 4/1 to closing. Should they just harden the fuck up?

All these companies will suckle on to the Government tit for some bailout.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Pass refund would be ridiculous, but could be smart for them to offer a tiered discount starting earlier to possibly make up for some of the lost cashflow from Spring Break trips. Had a Taos pass that I didn't get to use, would get one for next year if they knocked off $100. Won't loose sleep over it if they didn't offer that kind of thing, but would entice me to plan for next year.

I don't expect a refund. I don't expect Boyne to do anything.

It would be a step in the right direction to honor last seasons pass structure instead of another 12% increase considering the flagship lift was broken for almost a month and now this.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I skied 15 resort days 12 of which were 1-2 feet or more. Of those 12 3-4 were 3-4 feet. I paid $50 day using my pass and I’m good. Sad it’s done but would be sad in April also since our normal close would have been 4/12. Will still tour. It’s tough on mtn staff and supporting businesses. Stay healthy and get after it next year

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

i'm happy with my season but if i was running a hill i would figure out what percentage of the season was lost.. 10%.. 15%.. and offer that as a discount on next years seasons pass to people who had seasons passes this year, nice goodwill gesture that would go a long way i'm sure.. but my hill doesn't owe me anything, we had a great season.. a big issue here is people who bought spring season passes a week ago that were supposed to be good until mid april, they got one week of skiing instead of six. i don't think it's up to the skier to eat that cost and for the hills to keep that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I beg to differ, I had 20% of my season remaining. My area of choice is paying the seasonal staff until the end of this week after closing on Sunday. The patrol was tearing down the mountain today, there will be no re-open.

And then there are all the people who bought the April pass, good from 4/1 to closing. Should they just harden the fuck up?

No. They should refund the April 1 pass to closing that was never used. That’s what a lot of areas are doing for unused tickets. But you have a pass. You bought it. What would you do if this were a year of a full warm winter and skiing sucks and everyone closes early from climate change. You want a refund for that too? What if you break your leg in a car accident? You gonna call up the mtn and demand a refund for that too? Go bitch about losing a hundred or two hundred bucks to a liftie that won’t have a pay check after next week. Idiot.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    pagin the slaughter of 44 post joey jongs
    to the white courtesy phone
    STAT
    giver a rest or titty time
    joe bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    pagin the slaughter of 44 post joey jongs
    to the white courtesy phone
    STAT
    giver a rest or titty time
    joe bro
    I smoke a ton of herb and I’m starting to think you are confused between weed and bath salts. Quit smoking salts.

Go bitch about losing a hundred or two hundred bucks to a liftie that won’t have a pay check after next week. Idiot.
    So much anger from such a young dumbfuck.

Its not like by keeping my $$$ the lifty you speak of will be any better off or worse off.

It would be a step in the right direction to honor last seasons pass structure instead of another 12% increase considering the flagship lift was broken for almost a month and now this.
    This was my exact suggestion to one of the marketing guys on Sunday. I think it would be a nice gesture but it was in one ear out the other. He couldn't have cared less.

I just sent them an e-mail with that suggestion.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Re-open was never gonna happen at Big Sky. They were tearing down ropes, etc at 10am on Sunday.

I’m not expecting any type of refund and I will not be asking for any either but if other people do and make a stink about it good for them. No sympathy for ski hills losing some money who charge $200+ for day tickets, $20 hamburgers, $5 candy bars, $20+ for parking, changing the dates to purchase season passes at a discount form August to now May, etc. etc. etc....

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I smoke a ton of herb and I’m starting to think you are confused between weed and bath salts. Quit smoking salts.

SFB is the most cooked maggot there is. Thinks he’s cool like fonzi and shit. Pay him no mind, he’s a confused old man.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I'm definitely asking for a refund. Don't think these guys don't have insurance (well maybe not Boyne) for revenue losses due to catastrophic events.

I have though noticed a distinct tone change in SFB's posts. He used to be that happy go lucky toasted guy but seems much more combative lately.
    Live Free or Die

^this^

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I have though noticed a distinct tone change in SFB's posts. He used to be that happy go lucky toasted guy but seems much more combative lately.
    Lightly toasted=good
    Burnt beyond recognition=bad
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You all realize how much it costs a resort to operate the last 10-15% of each season when there's pretty much only pass holders on the hill? And that's every year.

And pass holders are the first ones to complain there's no new lifts, we don't have this, we don't have that, whey did they do X when Y makes more sense to me? All those upgrades that guests expect and enjoy come with great capital expense, all these closings put a huge fucking ding in the annual budget that pays for said upgrades.

We're all taking in on the chin in this one.

And yes if you bought an April pass you should get a refund, in fact it should come without asking for it but it may take some time.

So much anger from such a young dumbfuck.

Its not like by keeping my $$$ the lifty you speak of will be any better off or worse off.
    First off... anger from me for calling you an idiot. Go critically think and call some one else a dumbfuck. Your jerry ass shouldn’t be on a mountain to begin with.

And

Honestly that lifty could be greatly affected. A lot of the mountains are paying employees for a week or two until they can get to their next job. But a lot of jobs they take in the summer aren’t ready. There’s no seasonal outdoor work right now. Zero. No landscape company is ready to take the hoards of seasonal workers back. Especially in the East when a lot of those companies got slammed with no snow to plow either. On top of that everything is closed genius.

Go soak your feet and count your pennies.

This infighting is getting kind of contagious, apparently.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I'm definitely asking for a refund. Don't think these guys don't have insurance (well maybe not Boyne) for revenue losses due to catastrophic events.

Actually, 99.9% of policies of this type have exclusions for pandemics, communicable disease, and won't typically cover business income/interruption without a physical property loss. So this time, your assumption is inaccurate. Ski areas are going to take any lost revenue on the chin. All that said, I don't feel bad for the ski areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Actually, 99.9% of policies of this type have exclusions for pandemics, communicable disease, and won't typically cover business income/interruption without a physical property loss. So this time, your assumption is inaccurate. Ski areas are going to take any lost revenue on the chin. All that said, I don't feel bad for the ski areas.
    Ski areas will take it on the chin from lost daily ticket sales, but they have all the $$ from season ticket holders. The people taking it on the chin are their employees.