Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Ski season cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    The mountain was empty today. I’m sure Vail ran the numbers and here we are. I feel a lot anti vail today. Deer valley also announcing closure. I live here. I can’t imagine how pissed I’d be if I brought my family in, bought tickets and rooms and then had some bean counters make this choice.
    Rented a place a while ago to hit Breck and Vail starting the 25th. Fark.

Friend send me a photo of the Beaver Run lift line today, a Saturday. Only three groups deep. Hope some mags got laps today.

Wow. Really bringing things to a dead stop.

Netflix couldn’t have dreamed of a better way to boost their biz

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This is Texas spring break coming up. I haven’t been to the local New Mexico hills, I wonder how it’s going.
    pretty sure in full swing. Wolf Creek lot looked fairly full. Definitely not losing money. nice resets this past week. BC was back to excellent today. Staying cold should be good tomorrow.
    off your knees Louie

Rumor mill that CO governor Polis is ordering all resorts to close. Just a rumor, hope it isn't true

True

Mt. Bachelor posted this yesterday but just sent it in an email. They are planning to stay open.

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/covid-19-updates/

Grand Targhee is basically the same: https://www.grandtarghee.com/covid-19-public-notice/

I think local hills that don't rely on tourists/lodging and are independent are the best bets to stay open longest. At least until the government steps in. Just keep lodges closed, no kid care, lessons, etc. You know, the things that actually make them money. I guess I'm going to need to learn to tour now.

With school closures, I can see how the hills need to close just from a HR standpoint. plenty of senior staff/mgmt, patrollers, etc. are parents of school-aged kids that may have few options for childcare.

Also, the potential of all lower level staff living in resort dorm housing and the j1s...

Whitefish says they're staying open, although they were closed today due to -40 windchill. They're scheduled to close April 5 regardless though.

Highlands was fun today, complete with Apres Ski. Hope Aspen stays open.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Mt. Bachelor posted this yesterday but just sent it in an email. They are planning to stay open.
    I give them one more week, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/covid-19-updates/

Grand Targhee is basically the same: https://www.grandtarghee.com/covid-19-public-notice/

I think local hills that don't rely on tourists/lodging and are independent are the best bets to stay open longest. At least until the government steps in. Just keep lodges closed, no kid care, lessons, etc. You know, the things that actually make them money. I guess I'm going to need to learn to tour now.
    The new case in Teton Valley might change Targhee’s tune. We shall see...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stall View Post
    With sister company Alterra closing, I can't imagine they hang on too long.

The boy is supposed to have his last day with his ski club tomorrow at Alta. I think I am about to break it to him that we are pulling the plug. He's going to be heartbroken but it just seems irresponsible to go up there and send him into the lodges for lunch, bathroom breaks, etc. Still considering shooting up in the PM for a few last laps of the year and let him meet up for the little award ceremony. Probably be better to not even do that. Total first world problem, but this whole thing really fucking sucks.

Wat abt YellowStone Club tho

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Call me cynical, but I'm in total agreement. Passes are already sold, blame Corona, save expenses = better bottom line.
    Spring break is coming up for many, Utah is going to lose a shitload of money is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stall View Post

I used to work at Snowmass. COVID-19 is already going through their employee locker room. SkiCo knows their employees have the disease and are offering 7 days extra paid sick leave to any employee who “tests positive”. Problem is tests are only for elderly so they can’t test their employees.

Sugar Bowl (Tahoe) closing tomorrow too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

A Basin closed indefinitely. Had a great day there today. Bummed for the dad and kid I rode up with that just got there from Des Moines for spring break.

Solitude just closed...
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

They’re basically slowly running out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer and are forced into closing

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Solitude just closed...
    Just got the notice. Had a trip this Thursday with my son, was already ditching it obviously, also have 4 plane tix for Easter weekend, but figured they would nixed regardless even before today.
    Enjoy the skinning local mags, at least the traffic is going to be non existent for you.

Ski season cancelled?

My school shut down for 2 weeks...

Yesterday when I got home from school I was sooo close to booking a 2 week “chaser” trip somewhere.....(I know I should be isolating myself, blah, blah, etc.)....but come on...2 weeks off...so tempting to get out of here.

I’m glad my wife talked me out of it...lol.

Loveland closed as well

Fuck you Rusty

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk