Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I mean I don’t know how long they would last at Berkshire now anyway. We are getting bare quick in southern VT. Sounds like a good excuse not to hemorrhage money in a shitty March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Skiing itself ought to be fairly safe. It's the lodges at the base that would scare me. Those places, at least here, are crammed with Texans from between 11:00 AM-1:00 PM. They take their goggles and gloves off, eat and drink beer, cough, blow their noses, talk loudly, then leave, only to be replaced by more folks performing the same activities on an un-sanitized table. And in a closed space with high-density people. This is how shit spreads.

Leave skiing alone, but consider shutting down the restaurants and lodges all over the mountain. It's not like their food is good anyway- Hell, they'd be doing the skiing public a favor.
    This is true, and probably will also lead to mountains shutting down early. We're getting into the time of year where it's mostly skiers with passes skiing, anyway. Those $20 hamburgers are how they're making money.

My kids' "Spring Break" this year was the week after President's Day Weekend. We were all totally pissed about it.
    I'm gonna have to thank the headmaster next time I see him. That was actually perfect timing.
    I hope the insanity ends at skiing, and they leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Skiing itself ought to be fairly safe. It's the lodges at the base that would scare me. Those places, at least here, are crammed with Texans from between 11:00 AM-1:00 PM. They take their goggles and gloves off, eat and drink beer, cough, blow their noses, talk loudly, then leave, only to be replaced by more folks performing the same activities on an un-sanitized table. And in a closed space with high-density people. This is how shit spreads.

Leave skiing alone, but consider shutting down the restaurants and lodges all over the mountain. It's not like their food is good anyway- Hell, they'd be doing the skiing public a favor.
    They can't really close the lodges and still be open for business. Gotta have access to toilets and gotta have a place to shelter against the elements.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    They can't really close the lodges and still be open for business. Gotta have access to toilets and gotta have a place to shelter against the elements.
    Porta potties, they will need to be anchored down for high winds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    Porta potties, they will need to be anchored down for high winds too.
    Because porta potties are clean?

Keep the lodges open but stop food service. The cafeterias are what really cause the large congregations of people, not to mention the possibility of food contamination.

Ski season cancelled?

^^^

But do you really think they’re going to sacrifice the profit (albeit minimal) for public safety? After all this is the motherfucking USA! Make money and fuck the rest!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

if resorts shut down but still have snow I don't mind skinning a couple laps on some nice days this spring, not a bad way to get some exercise and a few runs in. Screw the cafeteria and base lodges anyways, I'm stocked up with PB&J supplies and got some cold beers in the truck!
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

You would think with all the Ikon/Epic cash in the bank already, they would be happy to shut down and shut down daily operating coats.

Goes to show the big resorts must still be making bank on daily consumption and real estate rentals.

They all have a valid excuse to duck out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    if resorts shut down but still have snow I don't mind skinning a couple laps on some nice days this spring, not a bad way to get some exercise and a few runs in. Screw the cafeteria and base lodges anyways, I'm stocked up with PB&J supplies and got some cold beers in the truck!
    So, along with a run on toilet paper, skins and Salomon Shifts will soon be sold out ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Go ahead and book that trip.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    You would think with all the Ikon/Epic cash in the bank already, they would be happy to shut down and shut down daily operating coats.

Goes to show the big resorts must still be making bank on daily consumption and real estate rentals.

They all have a valid excuse to duck out for the season.
    It's renewal, new buyer season. Once they hit their target and bank the proceeds for summer projects the doors will slam shut.

Snowbird announced the team is closed, but it looks like it business as usual besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Go ahead and book that trip.
    Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya?

Just got email from Copper - they're staying open.

For now.

Burke VT done tomorrow end of day

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Snowbird announced the team is closed....
    smart move
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Ski season cancelled?

Jay Peak closed tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    That's a great idea if things do get shut down.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Jay Peak closed tomorrow.

Well, any Eastern hill that closes is bullshitting you if they blame the virus. It rained for the twentieth time today.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, any Eastern hill that closes is bullshitting you if they blame the virus. It rained for the twentieth time today.
    It’s fucking jay. They always get more snow.

I’m guessing it’s the border crossing that did them in. Not enough canucks.
    . . .

I will give you a break on that one if you're a western skier. It's been an awful year.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just got email from Copper - they're staying open.
    Good, I have three free, and to date, unused days there this season.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Ski season cancelled, local mountain lost all of it's 'good' terrain to 60/70* temps (PA) and kids school just cancelled for 2 weeks so have to cancel my Taos trip.