Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I'm gonna echo what VTskibum said. All signs point toward this coming from a marking selling what's essentially fucking bush meat. How is it a bad thing to call this out?
    I think all you experts should shut the fuck up on your theories on the source of this and just try to keep your family safe.

You are almost certainly wrong about your theories, and it accomplishes nothing other than xenophobia.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Simmer down on your "expert" opinions on the origins of disease.

We live in a global society with over 7 billion people... this shit is going to happen... and probably again before we die.

I'm pretty amazed it doesn't happen more.

I think all you experts should shut the fuck up on your theories on the source of this and just try to keep your family safe.

You are almost certainly wrong about your theories, and it accomplishes nothing other than xenophobia.

If we can't discuss things like adults without feelings being hurt we're even worse off than I would've thought.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Just drove the fam to Telluride from Santa Fe today and learned this shortly after getting settled. Whoops. Oh well I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    If we can't discuss things like adults without feelings being hurt we're even worse off than I would've thought.
    No shit. It's a discussion on the internet which may or may not be as reliable as a discussion in a bar at 1 AM. Nobody here is claiming to have the answer to anything.

Screaming "xenophobia!" for noting the accepted working theory for where this came from is also a bit much, but hey, people are nuts and even moreso on the internet. Never met a Mag in the wild who I didn't like, though.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    My feeling are not hurt at all.

But the "conversation" implies that white people in relatively unaffected north America have anything accurate or valuable to contribute on the origin of infectious diseases.

Talk away if it makes you feel better but do so knowing that you are about 99.9% likely to be completely wrong.

Only met one who was a flat out kook.
    Anyone know what happened to Gheepup?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

No shit. It's a discussion on the internet which may or may not be as reliable as a discussion in a bar at 1 AM. Nobody here is claiming to have the answer to anything.

Screaming "xenophobia!" for noting the accepted working theory for where this came from is also a bit much, but hey, people are nuts and even moreso on the internet. Never met a Mag in the wild who I didn't like, though.
    I didn't say it's xenophobic I said it promotes xenophobia.

But whatever... spew your internet based bs theories on the internet instead of figuring out how to best protect your family.

A non expert opinion on a subject that requires expert knowledge is as useless as a season's pass to Vail for the remainder of the 2020 season at this point.

But whatever... spew your internet based bs theories on the internet instead of figuring out how to best protect your family.
    Those things aren't mutually exclusive and you have no idea what anyone's background is. There's an outside chance that some of us aren't as stupid as we seem.

Anyhow, carry on.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive and you have no idea what anyone's background is. There's an outside chance that some of us aren't as stupid as we seem.

Anyhow, carry on.
    Yup... true.

If anyone here I called out actually has the background and wants to let me know then I'll listen to them.

If not I rest my case.

Also this is a ski forum. Where we talk about skiing. I guess that's not totally true but I wish it was.

Ski season cancelled?

Yup... true.

If anyone here I called out actually has the background and wants to let me know then I'll listen to them.

If not I rest my case.

Also this is a ski forum. Where we talk about skiing. I guess that's not totally true but I wish it was.

WTF have you been smoking?!?

How many global pandemics have originated from countries other than China in the past 20 years? Go ahead I’ll wait.... again people just living their lives, xenophobia is not what we are talking about.

(Ebola predates 20 years)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ski season cancelled?

Duplicate

Yup... true.

If not I rest my case.

We're anonymous here for a reason.

But yeah.... I'm primarily here for the skiing. Pretty fuckin' weird when the "real" world becomes important enough to discuss in the context of skiing. If you ever make it to my neck of the woods, I'll buy you a beer and tell you the very few things I know about Bridger.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

How many global pandemics have originated from countries other than China in the past 20 years? Go ahead I’ll wait.... again people just living their lives, xenophobia is not what we are talking about.

Why only 20 years? Does it suit your argument?

I don't care what your opinion is on this because even if you're right it's a pointless discussion right now.

So I'm out.

KH is operating under the new gondi rules. Basically the liftees do not put people together. You get to the front of the line as a group of two , you get two people in gondi. Though by end of day they were asking if you wanted to join the group in front. So resulted in a long line that was very slow. I joined or asked other people to join me so never went up as a single. Rumours that might close but who knows.

KH policy- Though all of our operations and services are
    currently available, we will be making some adjustments to limit potential exposure and
    risks. As such, we are currently disinfecting gondola cabins daily and not forcing people
    to load with unrelated parties or putting singles into partially occupied cabins.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Same for rmr. No singles lines and no mixed groups on gondi or chairs. Disenfecting gondi twice a day. Parking lot is roomy these days. Time to do more touring i think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I give them one more week, tops.
    That didn't take long. Bachelor just announced they are now shut.

[QUOTE=Shorty_J;5924518]bla blabla blabla blabla/QUOTE]

Wow, you're kind of annoying. And off topic.

[QUOTE=Lone Star;5924661]
    bla blabla blabla blabla/QUOTE]

Wow, you're kind of annoying. And off topic.
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Same for rmr. No singles lines and no mixed groups on gondi or chairs. ]
    The Vail hypocrites at N* were doing the same thing today. Folks packed together in a 15 min liftline, pretty much stationary but wouldn't load 4 to a chair moving through the air.
    And even with their announcement yesterday about measures they were taking for the CV, management insisted til the end on charging a premium to park right at the resort. But they were completely fine to ignore all social distance recommendations and for free you could pack in their petri-dish shuttle busses. Really poor decision making by the Vail folks.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

So, who hasn't closed yet? Looks like Big Sky is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
    So, who hasn't closed yet? Looks like Big Sky is still open.
    Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley, Nakiska.

RCR issued a statement Saturday afternoon that, for now, its resorts will stay open. Not even any talk of shutting down food services.

Lots of people skiing at Kimbo on Saturday despite the -20 windchill. And bar was 3/4 full by 3 p.m.

But as noted in this thread other resorts have said they were staying open, then changed that a day later.

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than most people think about.

I don't know, just as a hypo, what if half your patrol was at a birthday party with someone who just tested positive?

That could take out a mountain, a few bars, and who knows what else?

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

There have only been two pandemics in the last twenty years, this one, and AIDS, which started in Africa (waaaaay before that)

But if you're referring to outbreaks, let's look at MERS. You know that's Middle East Respiratory Syndrome right? H1N1 in 2009 was thought to be Mexico, or US, or China, but it started in North America.

Doesn't matter where they come from, watch Pandemic on Netflix. It's a well timed documentary, and goes into a lot of the science and history of this without the COVID overtones, because it came out just before. Point is, pretty much all animals, insects, etc can be reserves of stuff that can kill us. Can you blame a race or nationality because of the animals that live where they do, or the birds that stop near them on their migrations?
    That's ridiculous
    Last edited by powdork; 03-15-2020 at 03:27 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Thanks China! You dolphin dick eating filthy motherfuckers.
    don't point at china. they told everyone about this over 3 months ago. Our administration watched it unfold in slow motion and did fuck all nothing. Sure they banned travel from China relatively early, but none of the other countries. If you've been in the Chinese Rat Flu thread in the padded room or on Facebook you'll hear all kinds of stories of people coming from Italy Spain, Germany all long after those countries were blowing up. Coughing their way into JFK and not being screened. At all.
    Noone ever thought to prepare, although to be fair, the people that were supposed to prepare were downsized in 2018 by Mr. "I Take No Responsibility"

If you catch this let us know. i'll be glad to take your gun from your cold dead hands
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.