FS: Down "Lowdown" 90 (LD 90) w/Plum 150s and BD skins

EDIT: skis/skins pending. bindings may be available but I might try to milk them for more money on a more skimo oriented place...

After much thought, I am selling my rather beloved LD90s. They are 177cm, 116 / 90 / 106, 29m radius. They are mounted (the only mount) at +1.5 for a 296 BSL for Plum 150s with no plates, so you'll either need to have a 296 BSL, remount the heel, or ideally just get an adjustment plate ( https://skimo.co/kreuzspitze-adjustment-plates ; the 40mm plates there fit the Plums and are $20/set cheaper than the Plum branded ones). With bindings mounted they each measure the same, 1462g on the nose, on my scale anyway. I didn't write down the weights before mounting, but it was < 1300g/ski. I've certainly skied them a lot and like them greatly, but after acquiring some beefier boots I am looking for a heavier ski for this quiver slot, and I already have another 90mm ultralight ski for going very fast on huge days which is better suited to powder / capable in corn, so the LD90s are on the block. These have remarkable float for the width, they ski bad snow very well, and have a very low swing weight. Like the rest of the Down LD lineup, I think you want them mounted up a bit. The +1.5 mount point was a result of a combination topsheet print error / shop not heeding my +1 request: the topsheets are mounted +1.5 cm forward, and I asked the shop to measure from the tail and mount +1cm from recommended. In a "no harm on foul" result, the shop mounted on the printed line. Anyway, if I were drilling them again, I'd do it the same, as I would for the LD102.

This has been my steep skiing / couloir / don't-fall-here ski for the past 1.5 seasons and would make an excellent spring/mountaineering setup for anyone, as well as being able to handle midwinter powder conditions if you're skiing a non-continental snowpack anyway. The Plums were bought new and only skied on these skis. The RV is supposedly 8; I have never released. They've been plenty dinged in the base including a couple deep ones near the edges, but nothing all the way to the core. The deepest gauges have been repaired unprofessionally by me via ptex candle. They have been freshly waxed, and the edges are either just right or could use a slight tune, depending on how sharp you like your edges. They include some well worn but still functional BD skins, ugly tip cut by me but nothing wrong with them and they have been reglued with BD gold label this offseason. I've tried to show the worst of the damage in the pictures, but they're in pretty good shape. Topsheets: 8/10, Bases: 8/10, Bindings: 9/10, Skins: 5/10.

I am not interested in splitting this apart unless I have a buyer for everything, and I'm not motivated to sell terribly cheap because worst case I just remount the heel myself and keep the skis. Local pickup would be great (SLC area) but I can also figure out shipping.

$475 + ship (if applicable).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ld90-01.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	319710

Name:	ld90-base-2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	319711

Name:	ld90-base-3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	319712

Name:	ld90-camber.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	319713

Name:	ld90-plum-1-.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	319714

Name:	ld90-rocker-1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	319715

Name:	ld90-sidewall-clamps.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	319716

Name:	ld90-tail-1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	319717

Name:	ld90-tip-topsheet.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	319718

Name:	ld90-topsheet-1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	319719

Name:	ld90-tip-base.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	319720

Name:	ld90-skins-glue.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	319721

Name:	ld90-skin-tails.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	319722
    Last edited by mall walker; 03-11-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Well, I’ve been looking for this ski for a while and I’m pretty interested, is anybody out there interested in the bindings and skins?
    Might just spring for the whole setup but maybe we could split it...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...