Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Every one needs to be spun to get flat mode.

... Thom
    But once you have spun it once, you just flip the riser up and have it. No extra spinning required rk get the high riser. On the trofeo you spin 90 degrees to flat mode, but if you want a riser you have to spin it again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    But once you have spun it once, you just flip the riser up and have it. No extra spinning required rk get the high riser. On the trofeo you spin 90 degrees to flat mode, but if you want a riser you have to spin it again.

That was my point. How many tech binders are out there where you can get flat mode without some sort of reaching down to the heel piece?

Tectons/Vipecs? I'm sure they are one or two others, but they're in the minority.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    It's downright cartoonish how good ATK is at making bindings
    Agree to disagree. The bindings are "fine," but I don't understand the hype surrounding them. Their QC is demonstrably not very good, they're shitty communicators, their website is loaded with pseudo-technical info, while lacking in the real kind, they can't maintain a consistent product line for more than 3 months, but they have the resources to sell their bindings to every ski company under the sun to re-badge, etc. I'm going to think long and hard before I buy another pair of them.

The Crest 10's I bought from Spyderjon a couple months ago have silver springs. They did feel a little soft when I've been skiing them, but I assumed that was just because it's a 300g binding and it's inherently not going to ski that well/powerfully. I suppose I should look into getting those springs replaced though.
    "Hakuna matata, motherfucker!"

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    That was my point. How many tech binders are out there where you can get flat mode without some sort of reaching down to the heel piece?

Tectons/Vipecs? I'm sure they are one or two others, but they're in the minority.

... Thom
    Ah sorry I see. Yeah tecton/vipecs were my first touring bindings so was a little spoiled with ease of risers.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Ah sorry I see. Yeah tecton/vipecs were my first touring bindings so was a little spoiled with ease of risers.

Yeah, I spent most of two years just skiing Vipecs, and I got pretty used to the convenience of being able to pop my heel and leave my toe in for long skate exits, lock in my heel whenever I wanted to downskin, and access flat mode with just my pole. But they're pretty unique in that regard, it's not a standard feature for touring bindings at all.

That said, after most of a season in Freeraiders, the benefits of ATK's system outweigh those small conveniences, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    How thick are they?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

A lot of good info in this thread! I'm looking for a recommendation on the Crest vs Raider for a dedicated touring setup (Volkl Blaze 106 with Maestrale RS boots). I'm 5'10" 165lbs mostly CO meadow skipper with some bigger spring lines (currently running DF Vertical ST's with no complaints). I was planning on getting the Crest until reading about some of the heal piece durability issues and that the Raider may have better/easier riser functionality. Wondering if the Raider is worth the extra cost and more durable in the long run? (I don't care about the small weight penalty)

Side question: Would the Raider be an acceptable resort ski on a soft day? My primary goal is a dedicated touring setup, but it might be nice to have the option for hiking up and riding lifts in the morning.

Appreciate any feedback. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Yeah, I spent most of two years just skiing Vipecs, and I got pretty used to the convenience of being able to pop my heel and leave my toe in for long skate exits, lock in my heel whenever I wanted to downskin, and access flat mode with just my pole. But they're pretty unique in that regard, it's not a standard feature for touring bindings at all.

That said, after most of a season in Freeraiders, the benefits of ATK's system outweigh those small conveniences, for me at least.
    What benefits are you talking about?