Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Apologies if this is answered in the video, but do you have to remove your boot from the binding to rip skins?

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Apologies if this is answered in the video, but do you have to remove your boot from the binding to rip skins?
    Standard tech. binding architecture in this respect. Think Dynafit Speed Superlite, etc. Stomp into downhill mode, do the yoga moves and rip 'em.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-03-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

The only way to rip skins is skis on, jong

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Right?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Except with old G3 skin glue which refuses to release from the ski. The damn shit requires two strong men to free it up from the base. Ask me how I know

Gotta replace that pair of skins, or alternatively reglue them. It's maddening.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-03-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Except with old G3 skin glue which refuses to release from the ski. The damn shit requires two strong men to free it up from the base. Ask me how I know

Gotta replace that pair of skins, or alternatively reglue them. It's maddening.

... Thom
    Store them unstuck all summer in a dusty workshop, does the trick.

Store them unstuck all summer in a dusty workshop, does the trick.
    With my luck, they'll fail completely ;-)
    Galibier Design

Can anyone compare release on the Raider 12 vs 14? I’ve spent a lot of days on the 14s and trust them to only come off when they should. I’d go for 14s again, but they’re tough to find a deal on in the US. Are the 12s noticeably easier to release, especially the toes?

Quote Originally Posted by llyon View Post
    Can anyone compare release on the Raider 12 vs 14? I’ve spent a lot of days on the 14s and trust them to only come off when they should. I’d go for 14s again, but they’re tough to find a deal on in the US. Are the 12s noticeably easier to release, especially the toes?
    You must be psychic! I'm a retailer in the UK and I'll be stocking ATK bindings for 20/21 with my stock arriving in September. A couple of my customers have recently asked me the same question so I emailed the factory this afternoon as to whether there's a difference in the toe spring tensions (in ski mode) between the C-Raider 12, the Raider 12 and the Freeraider 14. I'll post the relpy here when I get it.

^^^ Cool, Spidey.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Awesome, thanks.
    Standard tech. binding architecture in this respect. Think Dynafit Speed Superlite, etc. Stomp into downhill mode, do the yoga moves and rip 'em.

... Thom

Apologies if any of this has been addressed previously...

Can anyone confirm that the heel for the BD Helio 350 is that of the Raider 12? (I realize the toe is different)
    Am I correct in my understanding that this heel differs from the Freeraider 14 in terms of the brake/freeirde spacer/stomp pad assembly as well?
    From the limited photos I can find it seems to be different...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fasa View Post
    Apologies if any of this has been addressed previously...

Can anyone confirm that the heel for the BD Helio 350 is that of the Raider 12? (I realize the toe is different)
    Am I correct in my understanding that this heel differs from the Freeraider 14 in terms of the brake/freeirde spacer/stomp pad assembly as well?
    From the limited photos I can find it seems to be different...

Thanks
    It's all conjecture that the heel is a Raider 12 ... but ... the Radier 12 and the Freeraider 14 are the only heels in the ATK lineup with the double flippy (5 riser positions total).

In the ATK line, the stomp pad is standard on the 14 & optional on the 12. Dunno what BD is ofering, but at their prices, they'd better throw in the pad (although I doubt it).

If you read through this thread, you'll find a link to the 2020/21 catalog (link posted by @Spyderjon). Then ... you'll know everything about ATK (not necessarily Hagan and BD, of course).

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Post #175.

Stomp pad standard on the Freeraider 14 and optional on the 12.

If you read through this thread, you'll find a link to the 2020/21 catalog (link posted by @Spyderjon). Then ... you'll know everything.

... Thom
    Phenomenal, sorry I missed it, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    You must be psychic! I'm a retailer in the UK and I'll be stocking ATK bindings for 20/21 with my stock arriving in September. A couple of my customers have recently asked me the same question so I emailed the factory this afternoon as to whether there's a difference in the toe spring tensions (in ski mode) between the C-Raider 12, the Raider 12 and the Freeraider 14. I'll post the relpy here when I get it.
    I haven't forgotten about this but ATK are on August holiday shutdown in Italy at the moment.

It's all conjecture that the heel is a Raider 12 ... but ... the Radier 12 and the Freeraider 14 are the only heels in the ATK lineup with the double flippy (5 riser positions total).

In the ATK line, the stomp pad is standard on the 14 & optional on the 12. Dunno what BD is ofering, but at their prices, they'd better throw in the pad (although I doubt it).

If you read through this thread, you'll find a link to the 2020/21 catalog (link posted by @Spyderjon). Then ... you'll know everything about ATK (not necessarily Hagan and BD, of course).

... Thom
    at those prices, BD better throw in more than just the stomp pad. who pays full price for that shit??

spyderjon and thom - thanks for all the beta. i'm super stoked for the release 10, seems like a sweet binding. the whole carbon composite thing does worry me a little bit, especially because what appealed to me originally with ATK was the full metal construction, but i trust they've done their materials science homework.

Hear you. Hoping maybe it mellows the harshness and yes thank you Thom and spyderjohn

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    at those prices, BD better throw in more than just the stomp pad. who pays full price for that shit??

spyderjon and thom - thanks for all the beta. i'm super stoked for the release 10, seems like a sweet binding. the whole carbon composite thing does worry me a little bit, especially because what appealed to me originally with ATK was the full metal construction, but i trust they've done their materials science homework.
    Crazy prices indeed. Definitely send your pesos across the pond to @Spyderjon ... that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Well, I happen to be trying to figure out a Swiss cheese mount, where a Crest toe/R12 heel combo would actually work better than either of those bindings straight up. I'm sure BD made that call with me specifically in mind.

Has anybody gotten a clue on what the heel/toe delta is for the R12/R14?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Has anybody gotten a clue on what the heel/toe delta is for the R12/R14?
    Their model name changes (and then back again) confuse matters, but I'm betting on 10.5 ish. See post #1.

I'll try to unravel this (yet again) to update the spreadsheet.

It's hard to document the name changes on the spreadsheet, with them going back and forth with which version is the Raider (heel mounted brake vs. toe mounted). Currently, all models with "Raider" in the name have the brake at the heel, and the "Front" (Front-12) is the designation for the toe brake version.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-21-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    Galibier Design

I heard rumblings about Black Diamond selling a rebranded Haute Route 10 as the "Helio 165" this year, does anybody have info about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I heard rumblings about Black Diamond selling a rebranded Haute Route 10 as the "Helio 165" this year, does anybody have info about this?
    yep, they're selling the Helio 200 but without the adjustment plate. my inside source confirmed the same thing. estimated fall 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yep, they're selling the Helio 200 but without the adjustment plate. my inside source confirmed the same thing. estimated fall 2020.
    I wonder if they will follow the diabetic, canned fruit model, where they charge you extra for leaving out the sugar ;-)

[context edit] That was the case, when I was a kid & we picked the stuff up for my grandmother [/edit]

... Thom
    Galibier Design