Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91
Results 2,251 to 2,263 of 2263
    Quote Originally Posted by Pins and Skins View Post
    Possible. I haven't really thought about inserts so thanks for bringing up. I may also see if I can pick up a cheap pair of mid-fat resort DD at end of season so I can keep my touring skis for backcountry only (and just rotate traveling with the noctas or this mid-fat DD as the resort pair). Thanks all!
    Second the inserts option. You can bring 3-4 pairs of skis and bring a set of pins and resort binders for travel skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    Am I making a mistake not purchasing the FR 15 evo for $481.00. I’m just having a hard time sending it
    Retails for 700€ here, deals at 560€ so you should def get it !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    FR15 on ZeroG 105 are money but I would not mount them on anything heavier than 2kgs.

This guy doesn’t seem to mind using heavier skis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaGPoFYSZr4

I’m using the R12 (+ freeride spacer) on a 181 BMX 105, 2150g, no issues.

Anyone have better templates for the FR14 than what they provide on the ATK/Hagan site?
    They seem a hell of a lot more difficult to get right than the standard toe/heel you can tape together through Slidewright, Powder Guide, Tomahawkins I've done a dozen times.
    Last edited by EricB; 03-07-2024 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    Anyone have better templates for the FR14 than what they provide on the ATK/Hagan site?
    They seem a hell of a lot more difficult to get right than the standard toe/heel you can tape together through Slidewright, Powder Guide, Tomahawkins ones.
    My wife mounted a set of ATKs on her new skis this year and I re-mounted the heels on mine after switching boots. It was the first time either of us had mounted our own skis and found it to be really easy using the MottN jig/template. Of course we ran a practice mount on a 2x4 prior to committing to drilling skis but everything was easy and repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    I suppose the freeride spacer should not affect the release - or does anybody have a different experience? I‘m asking because I know the Salomon MTN release isn‘t as good with bindings than without (says a test in German magazine ALPIN FWIW).
    The ATK freeride spacers are adjustable such that they just barely contact the heel of your boot. Also they are on sliders. I doubt they affect the release though it's not like I have a standardized test set up.

Quote Originally Posted by shitskier View Post
    The ATK freeride spacers are adjustable such that they just barely contact the heel of your boot. Also they are on sliders. I doubt they affect the release though it's not like I have a standardized test set up.
    Thanks! I didn‘t know they are adjustable. I just thought: in order to improve boot/ski contact, they must touch the boot and thus affect the release…

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    Thanks! I didn‘t know they are adjustable. I just thought: in order to improve boot/ski contact, they must touch the boot and thus affect the release…
    The idea is that they barely contact on the bench without load. When you ski and put some force into them, pressure/support will increase. The slider should minimize affect on release, but nothing is truly frictionless of course, so yes there is probably a very small impact.

Does anyone here has ever mounted his pin bindings on inserts to switch skis ? Any change on the skis behavior considering how light touring skis can be ? Considering this options for some 105 ZeroGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    Does anyone here has ever mounted his pin bindings on inserts to switch skis ? Any change on the skis behavior considering how light touring skis can be ? Considering this options for some 105 ZeroGs.

Yep I've done that a lot. Zero change in ski behavior. Works great.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    They seem a hell of a lot more difficult to get right than the standard toe/heel you can tape together through Slidewright, Powder Guide, Tomahawkins I've done a dozen times.
    Check post 2054 (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...13#post6960413)

Tim's pdf template works well, at least for the R10s I've mounted. You have to make it work for your BSL, but otherwise its the same process as alpine binders template-wise.

If you haven't done pins before, take your time and don't drill all the holes at once - read around for tips on that process, like Lou's at wildsnow: https://wildsnow.com/16524/do-it-you...-ski-bindings/

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    The idea is that they barely contact on the bench without load. When you ski and put some force into them, pressure/support will increase. The slider should minimize affect on release, but nothing is truly frictionless of course, so yes there is probably a very small impact.
    Thanks for explaining!