Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Will the Moment Voyager get the new mount pattern too I wonder?
    No. Same hole pattern as this year.

The hole pattern patent issue does not apply to North America where we sell most of our bindings so we are keeping the original hole pattern (which is better for wider skis).

Would you put a Crest 10 or an RT 10 on a fat fishscale setup? Seems like either of them would work well paired with a ski like that for meadow skipping, long rolling tours, forest road cruising, etc.

Those bindings would be pretty ideal for that application

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaardbreeuwer View Post
    How does the listed 50mm riser work? The heel looks just like the Crest heel, but no flaps.
    I wonder if the heel rotates 90 degrees and the boot rests on the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    I wonder if the heel rotates 90 degrees and the boot rests on the tower?
    Indeed! From the picture in the link, it can only be a 90 degree rotation to achieve a riser position.

Pretty cool, a binder for the little goblins ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Would you order 97mm or 102mm brakes to use on a 99mm underfoot ski? Voile V6 in a 178cm length is the ski in question.

102 if you don’t want to bend them.
    I took 97 for my 99 Mantra VW and had to bend them. 102 won’t be too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Would you order 97mm or 102mm brakes to use on a 99mm underfoot ski? Voile V6 in a 178cm length is the ski in question.
    97. I stretched 108 to 112 very easily. But they do also tuck away pretty nice so you could go 102 and forget about it!

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    102 if you don’t want to bend them.
    I took 97 for my 99 Mantra VW and had to bend them. 102 won’t be too wide.
    Yeah actually I’d just go with the 102.

I went with the 108 for 112 as I didn’t want to step up to 120. I’d have bought 114’s

I'm getting annoyed with the brakes on my Crests, it is sometimes impossible to press the button to engage them, especially when transitioning with skis on.

Sincerely,
    my runaway ski

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9950.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	727.0 KB 
ID:	361768

How did your ski get away from you if you were transitioning with your skis on? I hadn't heard about brake deployment issues, although I can see how they would be frustrating. Aside from being a bit on the heavy side, pretty much every tech binding thread out there makes me glad I have G3 Ions on my primary touring skis.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    How did your ski get away from you if you were transitioning with your skis on? I hadn't heard about brake deployment issues, although I can see how they would be frustrating. Aside from being a bit on the heavy side, pretty much every tech binding thread out there makes me glad I have G3 Ions on my primary touring skis.
    I thought I had pressed the button to engage the brakes at the top of the run, and the ski slid away from me when I took it off at the bottom of the run

Speaking of which, is anyone running the Moment Voyager versions without brakes? I assume that it can be done while still retaining the heel spacers on either side, or maybe Luke will speak up and tell us if the AFD is necessary for those. The only function I do not like on these bindings is the Rube Goldberg brake button. I have another set-up and I would rather just run them with B+D leashes. Otherwise, I have been pretty remarkably impressed with how these things ski. Pretty far out, man.

Moment is stocking the pieces to replace the removed brakes, and clean up the heel assy hit up melee for a link.

Looks like the heel of these + the heel AFD:
    https://www.atkbindings.com/en/prodo.../release-10-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Moment is stocking the pieces to replace the removed brakes, and clean up the heel assy hit up melee for a link.

You can run those with free ride spacer right?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    You can run those with free ride spacer right?
    Yep.

E-x-x-x-x-cellent, Mr. Smithers. I will contact Moment tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Yep.
    Front 12 with the free ride spacer sounds pretty tasty. Do you know if you can remove brakes on the front 12?

I'm also idly interested in this. Would love to have a link posted here when they are available.

Just bought a used pair of ATK Raider 12 2.0 without front brakes. Anyone recommend a good place to get some?
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by telelebowski View Post
    Speaking of which, is anyone running the Moment Voyager versions without brakes? I assume that it can be done while still retaining the heel spacers on either side, or maybe Luke will speak up and tell us if the AFD is necessary for those. The only function I do not like on these bindings is the Rube Goldberg brake button. I have another set-up and I would rather just run them with B+D leashes. Otherwise, I have been pretty remarkably impressed with how these things ski. Pretty far out, man.
    Yes, you can run the Voyager without brakes but WITH a freeride spacer. They are independent systems.

We do sell a little plastic cover to put in place of the brakes to reduce snow packing in the void if you want to go brakeless.

We are current sold out of them but I do have a bunch more on the way from Italy. When they arrive we will list them on our site.

Just came across this thing, has anyone used it?

https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/at...ustment-plates

Its a ~15g weight penalty over a custom or B&D toe spacer and gives options for easy mount point experimentation. I could see myself moving the toes forward for a day of tree skiing and back for higher speed outings.

So, as Melee chimed in, for the Voyager they are waiting on the additional thing that covers the AFD region. But you can remove the AFD and brakes and the Freeride Spacers remain. The only point of the cover is, I guess, to prevent snow from possibly packing between the Freeride Spacers? I am now running without the brakes but with the Freeride Spacers and the binding is completely bomber, I don't really see how snow could pack there, or why I would even care if it did. These were the first pair of tech bindings I have ever owned with brakes, so I am obviously heavily into leashes and other bondage paraphernalia, and now these bindings are perfect. Best tech binding I have ever come across, hands down.

I finally mounted the Crests I've had since summer, so I'll sell the brakes since I can't be bothered.

102mm rear brakes with AFD for Crest etc.

Looks like they are $75 retail, so how about $45 shipped?

https://skimo.co/hagan-brakes

They also work with BD Helio 350.Name:  16130697390040.jpeg
Views: 868
Size:  42.4 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I haven't paid for a binding mount in 20 years but these fuckers (Core 12 pro) look complicated ("Pins Axis Transverse Line?" Fuck you) compared to old dynafits/pivots/vipes/sollyfits and I'm not rolling out $300 for goddamned jig. Give it to me straight: How hard is it? Do I have to actually be sober? Should I suck it up and give the local shop I bought them from some biz, which would feel like defeat and take too long with everyone on the tour horse now?