Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2308
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Anyone know if the freeride spacer fits the ATK Kuluar 12?
    You can use the AL05 "universal" spacer. The AL09 that attaches directly to the Raider heelpiece is not compatible. The AL05 spacer is more durable, but it does require an additional hole in the ski

Next year RT10 EVO is compatible with next year freeride spacer, and get 2 climbing aids.
    The first RT10 was basically a Crest with 20g less and 200€ more, now it’s more or less a R12 with the lighter toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    I have never had a riser flip when first properly seated in the pins.
    So the solution is to push down on the risers when they're in flat mode so that they notch into the pins in a manner that will prevent the risers from flipping so easily? Thanks!

Incidentally, I figured others had had the same problem. But I couldn't find anything after a few searches.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Whatcha running the Raiders on AKB?

Guys...he's a total punter. Rookie tech binding user.
    It's true. Line Vision 108s. I really liked my Backland 107s, but I wanted to try something a little more playful like my old Synapse 108s. Anyhow, they worked well for Chugach pow and steeps, but I don't know that I like them better than my Backlands or old Synapses. Let's see how they do in the Sierra.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2257.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	413956

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    You can use the AL05 "universal" spacer. The AL09 that attaches directly to the Raider heelpiece is not compatible. The AL05 spacer is more durable, but it does require an additional hole in the ski
    Anyone know if the universal spacer also works for Trofeo + adjustment track aka Trofeo plus or BD Helio 180?

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Anyone know if the universal spacer also works for Trofeo + adjustment track aka Trofeo plus or BD Helio 180?
    I know Riff runs that combo, I think he had to put a shim under the binding heel adjustment track and grind down the universal spacer a bit to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    I was going to do this but decided it would be a lot of work, spacer needs to be ground down and/or binding shimmed to get it to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Another "Which ATK binding am I?" post.

Had Trofeos on the light setup, and FR 14's on the do-it alls this year. Big fan of both. But now I want one binding to split the difference and do it all. What binding should I be looking for deals on? Would like more heel elasticity, don't need brakes, don't think I need two risers, don't need release adjustment (I'm an easy 10), don't need heel length adjustability, don't need the free ride spacer but wouldn't be mad if I had it. Seems like I should be looking for a Kuluar 12 LT?

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post

Had Trofeos on the light setup, and FR 14's on the do-it alls this year. Big fan of both. But now I want one binding to split the difference and do it all. What binding should I be looking for deals on? Would like more heel elasticity, don't need brakes, don't think I need two risers, don't need release adjustment (I'm an easy 10), don't need heel length adjustability, don't need the free ride spacer but wouldn't be mad if I had it. Seems like I should be looking for a Kuluar 12 LT?
    The Kuluar is basically a trofeo mounted on a more functional heel base. Since you don't need length adjustment or release adjustment, the only benefit to you of the Kuluar over the fixed vert &horizontal release trofeo 10 is the heel elasticity (length compensation spring in the heel). I think everything else is the same - heel lifter function, 90 degree turn for flat mode, fixed release u-spring.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post

I know this is the ATK thread, but if you care about elasticity, don't need riser options, don't care about brakes, release adjustability or the freeride spacer then you should buy the Ski Trab Titan Vario or Titan Vario.2. Much more lateral elasticity than any ATK, and the Vario.2 has a gapless heel. The Kuluar also has a very steep ramp angle.

Very helpful, thanks! Yeah, I really don't care who makes it. Should have worded it as "which exotic-sounding-to-your-average-american-skier, Italian-made, heavily machined, very light binding do I want?"

I'll keep an eye out for Vario's through the off season.

Name:	IMG_6995.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	414898
    Keep an eye on pins out there folks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

How common is that failure, riff? I feel like I heard about it a while back but thought they'd fixed it. Just got a pair of these ready to mount

Thinking about getting a new pair of Trofeo's since the Euro is weak right now and they can be had for pretty cheap. I'm 145lbs, 6'1", usually ski pretty slow in the backcountry but seek out steeps. I ski Din8-9 but am progressing as a skier so I am worried the Trofeo 8 might not be enough retention (I haven't skied Trofeos before, just Crest, SL World Cup and Raiders). Those who ski Trofeo 8, any issues with pre-releases?

Not sure how frequently that happens; I’d not heard of any pattern of it either. I’m hoping for a warranty. My other pair is going strong.
    Benneke, I’m 180/ 5’11”, no issues with pre release, using them on 90 and 108 waist skis

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

6’-1”, 170#, never had a pre release on the 8’s, and same for a friend who’s a little heavier.

More $, but can go to the Haute Route’s to be able to adjust the release.

I’m 170 on 8s with no problem

Hard to beat that deal from TP! Shipped to my door in 5 days!?

Thanks Riff, I actually did dig up where I'd seen a similar failure before:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...32#post6004532

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post

Name:	IMG_6995.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	414898
    Keep an eye on pins out there folks!
    I have this issue with an older atk toepiece.
    Tapped it back in in the field with various tools. Shovel handle provided the best hammering ergonomics.

Now I just check in the morning, every couple weeks I can tap the pin in a couple of mm. I can also quick scan for pin protrusion during the day if I remember. Seems to keep it at bay.

Tried to drip some loctite in around the pin. Didn't hold for long.
    Might try some stronger loctite.
    Anyone know if that pin needs to rotate freely? I can see that the toe piece arms rotate around the pin, but would it matter if the pin was somehow permanently attached where it is held by the toe baseplate?

Any suggestions for what might work best to do the attempted "gluing" ?

Looking to add ski crampons to my Helio 200s on Ova Freebirds. Any other brands fit the Helio/ATK Crampon Hook, besides BD/ATK?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Looking to add ski crampons to my Helio 200s on Ova Freebirds. Any other brands fit the Helio/ATK Crampon Hook, besides BD/ATK?
    Anything with the "Dynafit-style" bar will fit, so Dynafit and Marker also work well.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    I have this issue with an older atk toepiece.
    Tapped it back in in the field with various tools. Shovel handle provided the best hammering ergonomics.

Now I just check in the morning, every couple weeks I can tap the pin in a couple of mm. I can also quick scan for pin protrusion during the day if I remember. Seems to keep it at bay.

Tried to drip some loctite in around the pin. Didn't hold for long.
    Might try some stronger loctite.
    Anyone know if that pin needs to rotate freely? I can see that the toe piece arms rotate around the pin, but would it matter if the pin was somehow permanently attached where it is held by the toe baseplate?

Any suggestions for what might work best to do the attempted "gluing" ?
    My guess is that there's .0002" to .0005" too much play between the pin and the binding parts.

For an out of warranty situation, I'd look to a machinist for advice on sourcing some stainless bar stock to fabricate a new pin - likely of the 303 or 304 variety.

I'll bet it's a standard size, metric diameter pin. These pins tend to be made to very tight tolerances (.0005" or the metric equivalent).

The wear is most likely in the binding itself, so they'd likely have to get the next larger size and turn it down on a lathe.

I'm curious as to other's thoughts.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Anything with the "Dynafit-style" bar will fit, so Dynafit and Marker also work well.
    grazie!

my memory (probably from 30 pages back in this thread) was reminding me of something like that

Would an ATK crampon work with G3?