Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93
Results 2,301 to 2,308 of 2308
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    @bfree you have to spin the tower to lock the brakes, on the evo
    Thanks. Forget the brakes then, I'll have to get used to leashes again then.
    Brakeless RT10s coming my way, $315 shipped from a US dealer is a steal. Raider heels with lighter toes.

Would the general consensus be that the Freeride spacer is more beneficial for power transmission on a ski that will see more variable or harder snow?

I’ve got some powder planks that I only plan to tour on during the best powder days. Wondering if there’s no discernible performance boost with a Freeride spacer when it’s bottomless conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PeaHead96 View Post
    Would the general consensus be that the Freeride spacer is more beneficial for power transmission on a ski that will see more variable or harder snow?

I’ve got some powder planks that I only plan to tour on during the best powder days. Wondering if there’s no discernible performance boost with a Freeride spacer when it’s bottomless conditions.
    well, a wider ski would usually make the extra support / power transfer more beneficial - but as you say, chances are that you won't notice too big a difference if you will only ski them in bottomless - especially if the snow is dry (less so in wetter / denser snow).

I would install a pair regardless. They weigh 29grams, so the potential upside of better power transfer when you need it and less strain on the heel tower is larger than the negative of the weight penalty and added complexity in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    well, a wider ski would usually make the extra support / power transfer more beneficial - but as you say, chances are that you won't notice too big a difference if you will only ski them in bottomless - especially if the snow is dry (less so in wetter / denser snow).

I would install a pair regardless. They weigh 29grams, so the potential upside of better power transfer when you need it and less strain on the heel tower is larger than the negative of the weight penalty and added complexity in my book.
    Exactly ! On 100+ waisted skis I find the difference noticeable whatever the conditions

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

That’s pretty solid reasoning. In that case yeah I guess there’s no reason to not go with it for so little weight.

Was thinking about buying the 13 EVOs because I wanted the red ones lol. But didn’t want to buy the Freeride spacer separately.

Does the heel need to be remounted to install the freeride spacers to EVO 13s?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuff View Post
    Does the heel need to be remounted to install the freeride spacers to EVO 13s?
    You have to pull the heel piece off but no extra holes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Thanks. Forget the brakes then, I'll have to get used to leashes again then.
    Brakeless RT10s coming my way, $315 shipped from a US dealer is a steal. Raider heels with lighter toes.
    I will say the Raider toes are very nice for preventing icing. I have Crest 10s and the toe can ice up, never happens with my Raiders.