Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 1991
  1. #1951
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    22
    Appreciate the info. I totally agree the spacer is a must. I think Iím just trying to figure out what din range is most suitable to her. 5í5Ē and 140lbs. Skis a 172. Aggressive skier but not hucking. In your opinion does the 11 or 13 din range make more sense?

  2. #1952
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by awh311 View Post
    Appreciate the info. I totally agree the spacer is a must. I think I’m just trying to figure out what din range is most suitable to her. 5’5” and 140lbs. Skis a 172. Aggressive skier but not hucking. In your opinion does the 11 or 13 din range make more sense?
    FWIW Those stats, skills, and ski length describe me very closely (although I am a dude) and I have had no issues with the helio 350 (raider heel I believe) at 8/9 DIN on my 112 waist skis or the crest 10 on 94 waist.

  3. #1953
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by awh311 View Post
    Appreciate the info. I totally agree the spacer is a must. I think I’m just trying to figure out what din range is most suitable to her. 5’5” and 140lbs. Skis a 172. Aggressive skier but not hucking. In your opinion does the 11 or 13 din range make more sense?
    Those stats are meaningless without her bsl.

  4. #1954
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    22
    I had no idea BSL played into it. Looks like itís 300. Anything else Iím missing?

  5. #1955
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by awh311 View Post
    I had no idea BSL played into it. Looks like itís 300. Anything else Iím missing?
    Boob size is a big factor. Better post some pics so we can make a proper assessment.

    Be safe not sorry.

  6. #1956
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    22
    I made her up. You caught me. These are for me.

  7. #1957
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seat 2B
    Posts
    2,520
    FYI for those ATK curious in the summer months. Black Diamond is blowing out ATK bindings in their outlet. Freeraider 16 for $350, World Cups for $230, some other DIN/performance in between.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

  8. #1958
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    4,372
    WoW don’t need bindings but those are some serious discounts. BD dropping atk? Cash needed?

  9. #1959
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SW, CO
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    WoW don’t need bindings but those are some serious discounts. BD dropping atk? Cash needed?
    They were running deep industry deals on ATK bindings in March too. I think there is just a lot of inventory left over from this past season. It's the same with skis and many bikes companies previous years stuff. I've seen more blowout style deals this summer than in a long time.

  10. #1960
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    4,372
    I guess so. Clicked on after and saw Tectons and airbags heavily discounted. Maybe that’s why my fb marketplace deals have been so good. Folks buy cheap sell cheap

  11. #1961
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SW, CO
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I guess so. Clicked on after and saw Tectons and airbags heavily discounted. Maybe that’s why my fb marketplace deals have been so good. Folks buy cheap sell cheap
    I've noticed the facebook marketplace thing too. So many brand new or lightly ridden bikes for 3k under retail on my local swap pages right now. I'd guess 90% of them were purchased through employee or industry deals and the sellers are looking to make a quick 1-2k, but the market ain't what it was during covid.

  12. #1962
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I've noticed the facebook marketplace thing too. So many brand new or lightly ridden bikes for 3k under retail on my local swap pages right now. I'd guess 90% of them were purchased through employee or industry deals and the sellers are looking to make a quick 1-2k, but the market ain't what it was during covid.
    Name:  2b8.png
Views: 753
Size:  481.2 KB

  13. #1963
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    FYI for those ATK curious in the summer months. Black Diamond is blowing out ATK bindings in their outlet. Freeraider 16 for $350, World Cups for $230, some other DIN/performance in between.
    The prices on models with release values <9 are especially astounding!
    And that race binding isn't just the WC, but the more exotic variation, even with the latest color scheme.
    ("It's a revolution, I suppose; We'll paint it red to fit right in")

    Nearly free momix skins too:
    (And you're welcome, in advance, for my informing you that the width is 133mm, which took me several seconds to figure out, given that's listed at the end of all the other attributes.)

    Also nearly free:
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

  14. #1964
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,298
    Anyone have experience using the Revolution World Cup on wider skis? Friends run the regular ATK world cup on wider skis without issue, but looks like the Revolution has a slightly skimpier toepiece. I ordered a pair, I guess I'll find out either way.

  15. #1965
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    244
    PSA the BD outlet sale has a decent number of ATK bindings steeply discounted. Kuluar 9 with several brake size options for <$200. https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...b_category=ATK

  16. #1966
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,202

    Official ATK Binding Thread

    Was pretty set on the alpinist but these deals seem silly to skip over but I am not up to date on their binding options. Looking for an alpinist competitor (300ish grams, durable), looks like thatís the helio which unfortunately isnít a great deal. Maybe the xenic? But Iím 195lbs and thatís a lot of plastic. Suggestions?


    Edit: at 370grams the freeraider looks to be real solid at not a crazy weight penalty? Iím think 102 brake with some bending for a 112 ski? Or jump up to the 120?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #1967
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Was pretty set on the alpinist but these deals seem silly to skip over but I am not up to date on their binding options. Looking for an alpinist competitor (300ish grams, durable), looks like thatís the helio which unfortunately isnít a great deal. Maybe the xenic? But Iím 195lbs and thatís a lot of plastic. Suggestions?


    Edit: at 370grams the freeraider looks to be real solid at not a crazy weight penalty? Iím think 102 brake with some bending for a 112 ski? Or jump up to the 120?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guess that depends on what you are after...

    Alpinist is pretty light and skis solid, minimal ramp, but no adjustable vertical release. I like that they are pretty cheap and that you can have flat + medium risers without rotating the heel. I don't like that they are a tad heavier than other UL options, especially since they have a fixed vertical release.

    In atk land that's probably somewhere between a helio 180/trofeo and a helio 200/haute route, although a bit heavier. You can often get trofeos from europe for around the same price as Alpinists (u spring with no adjustments). All of these lack a high riser (so does alpinist).

    Crest and kular are also in this weight range but with more adjustability. Looks like BD has a kular 9 if that's high enough release value.

    Freeraider is a way more featured binding obviously, more risers, freeride spacer, higher weight, higher release value etc. Also way more ramp without shimming, if that bothers you. For me the extra weight isn't worth it over the 200 gr options but I am not a heavy or aggressive skier. Really stellar deal though.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  18. #1968
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Anyone have experience using the Revolution World Cup on wider skis? Friends run the regular ATK world cup on wider skis without issue, but looks like the Revolution has a slightly skimpier toepiece. I ordered a pair, I guess I'll find out either way.
    No personal experience, but even though that race model is slightly lighter, its springless toe design is similar to ATKís heaviest freeride models. So Iím hoping thatís a good sign for being more robust.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

  19. #1969
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Guess that depends on what you are after...

    Alpinist is pretty light and skis solid, minimal ramp, but no adjustable vertical release. I like that they are pretty cheap and that you can have flat + medium risers without rotating the heel. I don't like that they are a tad heavier than other UL options, especially since they have a fixed vertical release.

    In atk land that's probably somewhere between a helio 180/trofeo and a helio 200/haute route, although a bit heavier. You can often get trofeos from europe for around the same price as Alpinists (u spring with no adjustments). All of these lack a high riser (so does alpinist).

    Crest and kular are also in this weight range but with more adjustability. Looks like BD has a kular 9 if that's high enough release value.

    Freeraider is a way more featured binding obviously, more risers, freeride spacer, higher weight, higher release value etc. Also way more ramp without shimming, if that bothers you. For me the extra weight isn't worth it over the 200 gr options but I am not a heavy or aggressive skier. Really stellar deal though.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Good info, sounds like I might have to do a deeper dive.

    Free raiders are sold out and the highest other release value binding is a 9. Ive never bought true pin bindings but if I usually ski a din 11, a 9 seems too low. Maybe next time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #1970
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SW, CO
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Name:  2b8.png
Views: 753
Size:  481.2 KB
    Western Colorado Bike Swap has been a gold mine recently. ifyoureintothatkindofthing

    I had a pair of 16s in my cart this morning but my doc hasn't even cleared me to walk yet so I held off. I'm not surprised they sold so quickly but I wish I could have justified a purchase right now.

  21. #1971
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    3,546
    missed the deals. bought the ATK Crest 10 this spring as choices were limited in Durango when I needed bindings. Am I the only person that thinks that button for the brakes is stupid.
    Last edited by BFD; 06-20-2023 at 07:28 PM.
    off your knees Louie

  22. #1972
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    missed the deals. bought the ATK Crest 10 this spring as choices were limited in Durango when I needed bindings. Am I the only person that thinks that button for the brakes is stupid.
    I think most people did, thatís why they updated the brakes for the evo model


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #1973
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    789
    the button brakes are quite bad. I need to sit down and work on mine. a little bit of snow gums them up and they don't really release

  24. #1974
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    the button brakes are quite bad. I need to sit down and work on mine. a little bit of snow gums them up and they don't really release
    Theyíre bad but not that bad. What I really hate is the snow that becomes ice on the top of the screw in the freeride spacer where you do the height adjustment. Really fís with skis on transitions.

  25. #1975
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    4,372
    Not happy to hear that as I am looking to install two on new skis to me. I wonder if a dab of silicon caulk on top of the screw heads would stay in place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •