Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2312
    Great info thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    Ah interesting, that makes sense. Weird that they have it in their templates and stuff as an option.
    That said, there really is not much point. If you are trying to save the 30 grams or whatever you are better off with a u-spring binding.
    I only have one pair of boots. Can’t see the point in adaptors I don’t need. Think the delta will be ok looking at the chart.
    Last edited by Smallfurry; 02-01-2023 at 01:06 AM.

Ah interesting, that makes sense. Weird that they have it in their templates and stuff as an option.
    That said, there really is not much point. If you are trying to save the 30 grams or whatever you are better off with a u-spring binding.
    And that way you save yourself from having to fiddle with that pesky, adjustable vertical release.
    [/sarcasm]

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I probably fall into what ATK describe as the 'speed touring' category. I want light and simple, yet robust. I feel adding a smidge of weight, and a little complexity for better release function is maybe worth it. So my short list is...

ATK Haute route
    Dynofit superlite 175
    Plum Oaso 8

Sure a Trofeo 8, or a plum R150, would serve me fine. But I dont have any experiance skiing U spring bindings. So I'm hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfurry View Post
    I probably fall into what ATK describe as the 'speed touring' category. I want light and simple, yet robust. I feel adding a smidge of weight, and a little complexity for better release function is maybe worth it. So my short list is...

ATK Haute route
    Dynofit superlite 175
    Plum Oaso 8

Sure a Trofeo 8, or a plum R150, would serve me fine. But I dont have any experiance skiing U spring bindings. So I'm hesitant.
    Of those only the ATK is not a U-spring. Like Thom said, you lose adjustable vertical release.
    Personally I don't U-springs for that reason and I feel like I'm gonna break something stomping in. Also, I like having at least a small adjustment plate so I don't have to remount to change boots. So I the HR works for me and I think it is plenty light.

Reading through the skimoco discussion again, it sounds like maybe the issue is with the BD plate version being slightly different. Given that ATK lists weight without the plate and has holes for it in their paper templates, I'm not convinced that you can't/shouldn't do it. Maybe just a more difficult mount. However, even if you don't think you will change boots its nice to have flexibility.

Mounted my Kuluars today.

As info the crampon holder is kind of a cheap stamped and bent piece that seemed like it was going to hold the toe off the ski a little so I didn’t install it.

If a crampon slot is important to you I’d go with the monolink or FR style toe that has a much nicer machined crampon slot.

Reading through the skimoco discussion again, it sounds like maybe the issue is with the BD plate version being slightly different. Given that ATK lists weight without the plate and has holes for it in their paper templates, I'm not convinced that you can't/shouldn't do it. Maybe just a more difficult mount. However, even if you don't think you will change boots its nice to have flexibility.
    Yeah, I mounted a Helio 200 without the track, using the Haute Route paper jig, and was totally fine, the heel gap came out to exactly the ATK spacer width.

Of those only the ATK is not a U-spring. Like Thom said, you lose adjustable vertical release.
    Personally I don't U-springs for that reason and I feel like I'm gonna break something stomping in. Also, I like having at least a small adjustment plate so I don't have to remount to change boots. So I the HR works for me and I think it is plenty light.
    Good point. I was just grouping all rear adjustable bindings together. Silly. The HR is the lightest of those too. Although you’re comparing Italian, French, and German scales here. From my road bike building days I know that’s not a fair comparison of weight …..lol

Quick bump for spyderjon @thepisteoffice. I know it's said frequently but he has truly exceptional customer service, I can't recommend him enough.

Has anyone experienced their risers flipping down on their own on raider heels/Helio 350 heels while touring? I’ve had it happen a few times now. I’m not hitting it with my pole or other ski or anything like that, my partner behind me has seen it happen on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_powder View Post
    Has anyone experienced their risers flipping down on their own on raider heels/Helio 350 heels while touring? I’ve had it happen a few times now. I’m not hitting it with my pole or other ski or anything like that, my partner behind me has seen it happen on its own.
    Yes, a few times, but not enough for me to figure out how to do something about it yet.

As in: You're in flat mode, and the risers keep flopping over the top of the tower and giving you risers when you don't want any? If that's the case, you need to just gently push them down between the pins, they're machined to fit there.

Can anyone confirm that I can drill the heels and front two screws of the toe pieces of the C-Raider 12s with an M05 jig. I think it's just two holes which have moved so I can reference them from the paper jig once i've located the front holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiroshi View Post
    Can anyone confirm that I can drill the heels and front two screws of the toe pieces of the C-Raider 12s with an M05 jig. I think it's just two holes which have moved so I can reference them from the paper jig once i've located the front holes.
    Yes. This is how I've been doing it with the M05 Jig

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    As in: You're in flat mode, and the risers keep flopping over the top of the tower and giving you risers when you don't want any? If that's the case, you need to just gently push them down between the pins, they're machined to fit there.
    That’s exactly it. I have not been doing that and feel like an idiot for not realizing that. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That’s exactly it. I have not been doing that and feel like an idiot for not realizing that. Thanks man

Haha, don't worry, a lot of people have this issue. Like, a LOT. ATK needs to print it in huge letters on the box or something.

Thought I'd post up here before heading back into the shop. Had some Haute Routes/Helio 200s mounted to some new pow skis. I've noticed that when I'm in walk mode, the toe rotates ~3-4mm which did not occur with this binding on the previous ski (as well as my other setup with the same exact binding). In addition, my heel pieces were rotating while touring with the risers up (maybe due to the twisting of the toe piece?

Is there anything mechanical on the toe piece that would cause this or do you think the toe piece is just not flush with the ski allowing some play? Haven't seen this issue before with other binders.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Thought I'd post up here before heading back into the shop. Had some Haute Routes/Helio 200s mounted to some new pow skis. I've noticed that when I'm in walk mode, the toe rotates ~3-4mm which did not occur with this binding on the previous ski (as well as my other setup with the same exact binding). In addition, my heel pieces were rotating while touring with the risers up (maybe due to the twisting of the toe piece?

Is there anything mechanical on the toe piece that would cause this or do you think the toe piece is just not flush with the ski allowing some play? Haven't seen this issue before with other binders.
    Useless without pics. Take to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Yes. This is how I've been doing it with the M05 Jig
    Perfect, thanks a lot!

https://cripplecreekbc.com/products/...xoCr54QAvD_BwE

Kastle appears to be selling branded “narrow” freeride spacers, like the ones that come with the fr14 as opposed to the slightly wider al09.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post

Sounds like a bad mount.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post
    https://cripplecreekbc.com/products/...xoCr54QAvD_BwE
    Kastle appears to be selling branded “narrow” freeride spacers, like the ones that come with the fr14 as opposed to the slightly wider al09.
    It's the AL09 that comes with the FR14. The new AL13 is wider but only fits the Evo bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    It's the AL09 that comes with the FR14. The new AL13 is wider but only fits the Evo bindings.
    Nearly.

If you buy the AL09 now it seems to come with those tabs on the base the same as the AL13 making it wider.

The older FR14 ones didn’t have that. And are like these linked ones.

New FR14 seems to have the tabbed/wider ones.

Only significant if you are putting them on sub 100 skis.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but does current gen FR14 toes have stiffer springs than R12s? Or is the clamping force the same across those bindings (aka one evo models have adjustable release values?) Nm the the three position adjustability thingy.

I have some FR14 toes that are surplus to requirements (the heels aree to be used with Vario.2 toes), and thought about mounting the FR14 toes instead of the MTN toes I will need to remount on two other pairs. Those pairs will get ATKs at some point, so I figured going half way there would be a good start

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Mounted my Kuluars today.

As info the crampon holder is kind of a cheap stamped and bent piece that seemed like it was going to hold the toe off the ski a little so I didn’t install it.

If a crampon slot is important to you I’d go with the monolink or FR style toe that has a much nicer machined crampon slot.
    Doh! wished i caught this before i took the plunge. I was keying in on a plum pika from tp, then i found a kuluar 12 from Alpinstore that ended up 50+cad cheaper with the code "newsletter" you get when you sign up for their newsletter. I was thinking id add a crampon later. Have you added a toe riser?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app