Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2308
    Quote Originally Posted by duboix View Post
    Tried printing toe shims for R12. This one is 4mm thick, weighs 12.8g - could probably remove a bit more material to shave off a couple of grams.

Attachment 451783
    Attachment 451784
    Attachment 451785
    High quality content right here

Ya great job. That looks factory. I "was" happy with my 5mm cutting board fab

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Thats fricken awesome!
    How did you measure, and model the shape so precisely even down to the little rib?
    Just took a crappy picture of the toe piece (with a paper document scanner) and did a crude tracing job in Fusion 360. For a quick prototype print it's all right as is, but for converting it into milling tool paths I'd need to clean up all the mess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shim_wip_1.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	451833

Name:	shim_wip_2.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	465.5 KB 
ID:	451834

Name:	shim_wip_3.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	451835
    Name:  shim_wip_4.png
Views: 1557
Size:  26.1 KB
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Name:	IMG_4457.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	364.1 KB 
ID:	452479

This is the dps branded r10, which includes a freeride spacer attachment i’ve never seen before which looks like it shims the entire heel of the crest. Haven’t been able to see these in person, but this is pretty cool. Looks like it’s labelled al16, i wonder if they’ll start selling them separately

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

transitioning from Atomic Backland Tour Binding

I'm 140lbs, 5'10" and only ski back country, mostly powder. I've been using Atomic Backland Tour bindings for the last couple years. Love their simplicity and they've held up well, but for a few bucks more I can get the C-Raider 10 for my next setup. The ramp delta is close (10 vs 8.5), the weight is 98g less. What's not to like? I don't understand why the C-Raider is less than the Raider? Any thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by kdlohry View Post
    I'm 140lbs, 5'10" and only ski back country, mostly powder. I've been using Atomic Backland Tour bindings for the last couple years. Love their simplicity and they've held up well, but for a few bucks more I can get the C-Raider 10 for my next setup. The ramp delta is close (10 vs 8.5), the weight is 98g less. What's not to like? I don't understand why the C-Raider is less than the Raider? Any thoughts.
    Their entire line runs on COG plus profit as far as I can see. That’s your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post

Name:	IMG_4457.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	364.1 KB 
ID:	452479

This is the dps branded r10, which includes a freeride spacer attachment i’ve never seen before which looks like it shims the entire heel of the crest. Haven’t been able to see these in person, but this is pretty cool. Looks like it’s labelled al16, i wonder if they’ll start selling them separately

Good eye. They need to do this for the brakeless heel freeride spacer + their r10 and raider heels.

So I’m about to mount up a new ski that’s 120mm underfoot. I’ve been really happy with my combo of a ski trab Titan with a toe riser and a BD helio/ATK adjustment plate. Should I spring for a free ride spacer? Or will that combo provide enough torsional rigidity without it?

I’d get some free raider style heels, but I don’t want so much ramp angle, and I don’t feel like I need the extra beef. Anybody rip around on a combo like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    So I’m about to mount up a new ski that’s 120mm underfoot. I’ve been really happy with my combo of a ski trab Titan with a toe riser and a BD helio/ATK adjustment plate. Should I spring for a free ride spacer? Or will that combo provide enough torsional rigidity without it?

I’d get some free raider style heels, but I don’t want so much ramp angle, and I don’t feel like I need the extra beef. Anybody rip around on a combo like that?
    I have been skiing some Voile Hyper V8s this season with Trab Vario's with the heels mounted on ATK R01 plates this season with no freeride spacer or anything. They are awesome in powder, which we have been blessed with this season, but their performance on firm snow is horrendous. There are a lot of factors at play, the Voile Hyper skis are probably some of the least torsionally-rigid skis you can get (I owned the Objective for a while and it was also terrible on firm snow despite its narrow waist), so I can't say how much if this is the binding's fault. I love the setup in powder! I don't stomp big airs but if I did I'd probably be bodging together some kind of freeride spacer.

Skied some legitimately steep snow on shuksan in my fairly new hyper chargers. They gripped well in the short section of firm. But certainly not the best firm snow ski

The instructions for installing the freeride spacer weren't very clear, and I couldn't find anything on Youtube. I need to take off the black piece covering the brake arms, correct?

Name:	IMG_20230328_153433.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	453583

I have the non-Evo R14s. On mine, the FR spacer fits in under the plastic base in a "cutout" that holds it in place, once the binding is mounted, i.e., there is nothing you have to remove to install it, unless you are replacing a broken one, like I did earlier this season. Looks like your bindings are not mounted yet, so check to see if it.fits in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    The instructions for installing the freeride spacer weren't very clear, and I couldn't find anything on Youtube. I need to take off the black piece covering the brake arms, correct?

Name:	IMG_20230328_153433.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	453583
    It fits into the corresponding shape in the bottom of the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    I have the non-Evo R14s. On mine, the FR spacer fits in under the plastic base in a "cutout" that holds it in place, once the binding is mounted, i.e., there is nothing you have to remove to install it, unless you are replacing a broken one, like I did earlier this season. Looks like your bindings are not mounted yet, so check to see if it.fits in the same way.
    Thanks. The diagram ATK included made it very difficult to see which part of the binding attaches to the spacer.

Name:	IMG_8658.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	453694

Trab toe and Evo RT 10 heel.

Extra Evo heel pin height helps keep the regular ATK delta with the higher Trab toe pins. If you like that!

A note too, the Evo 108 brakes seem to have much more clearance than the regular 108. Easily clear the WD110s.

Really like the Evo brake system.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

Extra Evo heel pin height helps keep the regular ATK delta with the higher Trab toe pins. If you like that!

A note too, the Evo 108 brakes seem to have much more clearance than the regular 108. Easily clear the WD110s.

I wish i had those toes, not just the box :-)

Great looking setup. Very curious re lateral release/prerelease.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    I wish i had those toes, not just the box :-)

Great looking setup. Very curious re lateral release/prerelease.
    Come on don’t seed that in my mind!

Damn! Cool looking set up. Camo woods and all. Im guessing light binding pairing and the trab toe is higher so no need for a toe riser. Any extra little features that this pairing offers?im not sure what evo does? Looks like my raider heels. I guess i need some freeride spacers too. I thought it was freeride spacers for leashes or run brakes. I didnt know freeride soacers and brakes were a thing

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Do you think it's the same as one size up in brake width?
    I want to get the 97mm brakes but need them to fit the same as the non Evo 102 brakes(which fit on a 106 waist ski)

ahhh great to see those trabs in an awesome setup. Enjoy!

Official ATK Binding Thread

Haven’t read the thread so apologize if this is above.

Wondering if a ATK Freeraider 14 102mm brake will fit on a K2 Dispatch 110?

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Haven’t read the thread so apologize if this is above.

Wondering if a ATK Freeraider 14 102mm brake will fit on a K2 Dispatch 110?

Nope. You'll need the 108. Might find someone to swap with here

Quote Originally Posted by Pins and Skins View Post
    ahhh great to see those trabs in an awesome setup. Enjoy!
    Best skiing real tech setup I’ve been on.

haute route 10s mounted. universal freeride spacer on the way.

Name:	IMG_5004.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	454396

Alpinlord is working on some layout templates over here. Anyone with data to add should chime in.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025