Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2276
    Posting to subscribe. Looking heavily at ATKs.

RT 10 and Crest are the same other than a few extra tooling setups for the RT10 to remove a bit more material and lighten them up.

RT also gets the variable hardness whatever yeah? The adjustable clamping for skin mode to deal with wearing toe sockets. Not sure it gets the nicer magnetic heel flippies like the HR10 or the raider series.

Thanks for the summaries. That's all great info.

Can the brakes be removed/installed from the Crest/RT10 after the heel piece is mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    Thanks for the summaries. That's all great info.

Can the brakes be removed/installed from the Crest/RT10 after the heel piece is mounted?
    Yes. Its very easy. By far the easiest brake install/removal on the market. That said the only functional reason to have the brakes on is to stop resort staff from yelling at you on the lifts, they are flimsy and won't do much to stop your skis

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Yes. Its very easy. By far the easiest brake install/removal on the market. That said the only functional reason to have the brakes on is to stop resort staff from yelling at you on the lifts, they are flimsy and won't do much to stop your skis
    I do think they're useful for clicking in at the top of line. Holds the ski a bit better in place on firmer conditions in the spring, but yeah....if you release going down they're not gonna stop

Got my voyagers installed at the shop with the free ride spacer. It looks like there’s an extremely tiny bit of space between the spacer at my boot (when The boot is clicked in on my workbench).

I can’t find any manual information about how much clearance should exist between the boot sole and the spacer. I see the shop didn’t use any of the included shims on the spacer.

Any pointers?

It's supposed to just touch the boot when installed on the bench. https://www.atkbindings.com/wp-conte...al09_rev01.pdf

Anyone know where's the best place to buy front brakes for ATK Raider 2.0 12?
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

PM spyderjon
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Has my inaugural ride on my new deathwish tour / voyager 12 combo today. Did a few laps of mellow skiing followed by an icy 40-45 degree couloir.

On a nothing hop turn through some ice , my downhill ski pre released and I saw a piece of black plastic fly off down the slope. I took a small tumble and managed to collect myself before getting to my ski.

The AFD has fully broken off the brake, and the brakes themselves got pretty mangled too.

No replacement AFDs or brakes here in Whistler.. so I’m sad. Was looking forward to a few days of touring while I’m off work on the new setup

I’ve reached out to moment and my local shop, so I’ll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Has my inaugural ride on my new deathwish tour / voyager 12 combo today. Did a few laps of mellow skiing followed by an icy 40-45 degree couloir.

On a nothing hop turn through some ice , my downhill ski pre released and I saw a piece of black plastic fly off down the slope. I took a small tumble and managed to collect myself before getting to my ski.

The AFD has fully broken off the brake, and the brakes themselves got pretty mangled too.

No replacement AFDs or brakes here in Whistler.. so I’m sad. Was looking forward to a few days of touring while I’m off work on the new setup

How big are you? I could see that happening, but it sounds like the heel piece lateral released too easily too. Sorry to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post

You broke the plastic off the brake. Not the Freeride spacer.

I responded to your email.

You can still ski these without the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    You broke the plastic off the brake. Not the Freeride spacer.

I responded to your email.

You can still ski these without the brakes.
    Saw that, thanks. I’ll see if I can find a leash in town in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    How big are you? I could see that happening, but it sounds like the heel piece lateral released too easily too. Sorry to hear
    5’9”, maybe 165-170 lbs without gear. Local shop just set me up at 8 for the release value.

I ski my pivots around 8.5-9, but didn’t want to tamper with things too much until I had some experience. That said, I ski much harder in-bounds - I’ll probably stay with the shop’s suggestion for now.

The bindings themselves walk well and seem to drive the skis nicely. I’m impressed overall.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Anyone know where's the best place to buy front brakes for ATK Raider 2.0 12?
    So my front brakes came today, but they didn't come with pin/screws/socket head studs. Anyone know where I can order them or what size they are?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    So my front brakes came today, but they didn't come with pin/screws/socket head studs. Anyone know where I can order them or what size they are?
    Not sure if this is helpful: https://www.bindingfreedom.com/atk/
    I've had good luck with tech support in Fiorano https://www.atkbindings.com/en/contact-us/

So I emailed ATK, they don't sell the screws to attach the front brakes to the Raider 12 2.0. But they did reply back that it's "...socket screws flat point are 4x10 mm (ISO metric threads)."

TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

random request but does anyone have a photo of the underside of the fr14 heel? IE the plastic base. trying to figure something out without pulling the heels off my skis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1644623212.874575.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	405504

I'm still looking for pictures of the new Raider or any other 2022-23 models. I want to see what they are doing with brakes next year. Anybody have one?

Two seasons now on the FR14 mounted on BGTour116s. A few things to note after skiing them last year with the Tecnica Zero G Pro and this season with the Radical Pro.

- With all the talk of the toe shim and especially Moment making the toe thicker to begin with, of course I made a shim from cutting board. Seemed to work out ok when skiing with the Zero G but this season when moving to the Radical, I was skiing so back seat and just felt toe high when moving around, sidestepping up, etc. Removed the shim and definitely skiing better.
    - The risers are fairly short in length so sit shallow on the boot heel. No problems on the Tecnica but on the Dynafit, add in the rearward movement of the heel piece on the spring and its worn the end of the sole off where the small size riser seats, to the point where the rubber ripped off and I had to fill in with epoxy (we'll see how long that lasts).

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    I'm still looking for pictures of the new Raider or any other 2022-23 models. I want to see what they are doing with brakes next year. Anybody have one?
    I've got the 22/23 ATK catalogue as a 12mb pdf on my laptop so if someone can tell me how to post a link to it then I will.

upload to google drive and share here?