Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2276
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Would an ATK crampon work with G3?
    Definitely not, totally different ways of attaching

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

AL04 still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Cleaning out the gear shelf and have these RT heel risers that I don't need anymore.

Pair of AL04 flappy risers w/ screws

And a pair of metal AL03? risers

$20 shipped in the US to anyone who would use them.
    Attachment 389589
    Hi Blaster, I just saw this on the thread. Do you still have AL04 risers available? I would like to buy them from you. Thanks, Yamabushi

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    I have this issue with an older atk toepiece.
    Tapped it back in in the field with various tools. Shovel handle provided the best hammering ergonomics.

Now I just check in the morning, every couple weeks I can tap the pin in a couple of mm. I can also quick scan for pin protrusion during the day if I remember. Seems to keep it at bay.

Tried to drip some loctite in around the pin. Didn't hold for long.
    Might try some stronger loctite.
    Anyone know if that pin needs to rotate freely? I can see that the toe piece arms rotate around the pin, but would it matter if the pin was somehow permanently attached where it is held by the toe baseplate?

Any suggestions for what might work best to do the attempted "gluing" ?
    you got some slop in there so you need to permanently take up the slop IMO

we used to get typewritier keybuttons falling off, they were constantly being hit so gluing them didnt work so what worked was to tear off a litte piece of paper to jam in the slot around the key lever

I would try jamming some plumbers tape around the pin ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

There was a couple of you offering up the 108 brake for the 12/14/16 earlier this season. If someone still has a set and doesn’t need, I would be stoked to take them. PM me, thanks!!!

I've been skiing the C-raider this season, about 20 days and thought I'd do a quick review. I've got them mounted to Volkl Blaze 106's and mostly meadow skipping from Dec-Yesterday (late May) in CO. I was coming from DF Vertical ST's. Overall, I really like my new rig and would buy these again.

Pros: Super light, easy to click into, ski well, no significant issues.
    Cons: Heal riser is not high enough, toepiece sometimes freezes (never happened on my DF's), toepiece pole hole is small and clumsy to disengage from ascend mode

All the cons are really minor. The heal riser has 4 settings, but they are not much different. I end up using the highest setting all the time, unless skinning on flats. I do wish there was a way to increase the highest riser (perhaps gluing some plastic on it?). The hole on the toepiece is small and not much of an indentation, so your pole slides off it easy if you're not paying attention. Not major, but a little annoying.

Overall, the cons are minor and very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    The hole on the toepiece is small and not much of an indentation, so your pole slides off it easy if you're not paying attention. Not major, but a little annoying.
    I punch the lever with the grip to get out of tech toes. Bigger target, keeps toe lever from getting chewed up.

I use the grip as well. My front brake version’s routine is step in, push brake down, pull lever up, then push lever down with grip to exit.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I punch the lever with the grip to get out of tech toes. Bigger target, keeps toe lever from getting chewed up.
    Thanks, I'll try this.

I use the middle (first) riser like 95% of the time.

Sorry they are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi View Post
    Hi Blaster, I just saw this on the thread. Do you still have AL04 risers available? I would like to buy them from you. Thanks, Yamabushi

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Anything with the "Dynafit-style" bar will fit, so Dynafit and Marker also work well.
    Can confirm but here's one data point for ya: the ATK (Moment-branded) ski cramp fit WAY easier (~30% ][??]) onto my Moment Voyagers (ATK FR14) than my Dynafit-branded crampons. So, they definitely work, but the fitment on the ATK crampons is better - at least for this binding. Just was messing around in the garage, and figured I'd report it here...
    sproing!

Mrs. Plug and I both have the ATK raider older front brake model and my ATK crampon fits super easy and perfect and her Dynafit fits, but it’s really tight and I have to take something to sort of hammer it out of the slot.

Good podcast on Blister with ATK on their history and there's a part two to follow which'll be more product orientated:
    https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/a...indings-ep-199

Good listen, I didn’t realize ATK was the only company using a cam system for heel pins, and it was interesting that they say it makes vertical release so consistent that gapless is unnecessary. I feel like gapless would probably make lateral release more consistent as well but that was not addressed.

The cam system works.

The heel pins in the cam system don't rotate, right? I have always been confused regarding that, versus a dynafit design where they appear to freely rotate, re wear and consistent release.

I screwed up my stock control during the last few months of the season and at my year end stock check I found a box containing a few sets 21/22 Freeraider 14's that I didn't know I had. So I've got two sets of each with 102mm, 108mm and 120mm brakes that I need to shift. Price is GBP365.00 (which on todays rate would be US$470 +/- a whisker) including FedEx 3-4 wkg day shipping to the US. Also got the AL9 Raider 4mm toe shim kits inc screws at GBP25.00 and the AL13 brake seat cover sets (for going brakeless) at GBP5.00 and either or both can be included with a set of bindings without increasing the shipping cost. PM if interested. Also pleased to quote for other destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I screwed up my stock control during the last few months of the season and at my year end stock check I found a box containing a few sets 21/22 Freeraider 14's that I didn't know I had. So I've got two sets of each with 102mm, 108mm and 120mm brakes that I need to shift. Price is GBP365.00 (which on todays rate would be US$470 +/- a whisker) including FedEx 3-4 wkg day shipping to the US. Also got the AL9 Raider 4mm toe shim kits inc screws at GBP25.00 and the AL13 brake seat cover sets (for going brakeless) at GBP5.00 and either or both can be included with a set of bindings without increasing the shipping cost. PM if interested. Also pleased to quote for other destinations.
    PM'd

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Good podcast on Blister with ATK on their history and there's a part two to follow which'll be more product orientated:
    https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/a...indings-ep-199
    Recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Recommend.
    Yeah, pt2 was also very good. I ordered a pair of Spyderjon's FR14s, btw. Good mag, solid deal.

They'll be mounted on a pair of these:

https://heritagelabskis.com/products/c113

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Anybody using the smaller bindings on big skis? Trying to decide if I should mount some Haute Route I have on some 116 waist skis.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I feel like the usefullness of the slightly heavier ATKs is mostly for skis 100-110mm underfoot. Much for skis wider than 110 I expect you'd be skiing pow and meadow skipping, in which a minimalist light binding would surely suffice?

But for that mid fat category, personally anyway, I find myself skiing a bit of soft, some firmer snow, and lots of variable. Usually skiing hard. Thats the size where I feel a wider mount and a bomber construction is most useful. Purely speculating though.

Quote Originally Posted by mfa340 View Post
    I feel like the usefullness of the slightly heavier ATKs is mostly for skis 100-110mm underfoot. Much for skis wider than 110 I expect you'd be skiing pow and meadow skipping, in which a minimalist light binding would surely suffice?
    This was my thought, looking for feedback in variable and pnw pow as well though.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Found the new FR 15 on sport65.de today, looks very nice! Adjustable release on the toe piece. Is that a first for pin bindings? Otherwise, looks very much the same as my 14s.

https://www.sport65.de/Shop/Wintersp...20flat72rmk0f4

Vipec/Tectonic have had it for a while