Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know if you could use the freeride spacer from the fr14 with the brake/adjustment plate that BD is selling for race heels? That seems intriguing

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Attachment 360357
    I’ve had good luck with grinding them down and screwing directly to the ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Riff has done it

Does anyone know where I can buy the AL05 spacer?

I found a deal on some SL World Cup skimo race bindings and I'm thinking about putting them on some 80-90mm skis for mountaineering and fast backcountry tours. The ATK site says that they are compatible with skis <70mm, but is there any reason not to put them on slightly fatter skis? It looks like they have the same mount pattern as the Trofeo

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy the AL05 spacer?

I have an AL07 that I don't think I'm going to use. I meant to buy the AL05 but got mixed up. Someone can correct me but it seems the main difference is that AL07 doesn't ship with a wood screw for mounting.

Was going to put them on some powder skis with trofeo/helio 180s, but honestly they ski just fine without them in pow and I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of grinding them down to fit.

PM me if you are interested.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I found a deal on some SL World Cup skimo race bindings and I'm thinking about putting them on some 80-90mm skis for mountaineering and fast backcountry tours. The ATK site says that they are compatible with skis <70mm, but is there any reason not to put them on slightly fatter skis? It looks like they have the same mount pattern as the Trofeo
    Would be fine, but marginal difference over something a bit more bomber like trofeo is not really there. Also no flat mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Would be fine, but marginal difference over something a bit more bomber like trofeo is not really there. Also no flat mode.
    Yeah Im a bit concerned about no flat mode. I'd prefer a Trofeo but I can get the World Cups cheaper right now.. I know first world problems

Yeah Im a bit concerned about no flat mode. I'd prefer a Trofeo but I can get the World Cups cheaper right now.. I know first world problems
    How cheap? Just ordered trofeo for 280$.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    How cheap? Just ordered trofeo for 280$.

Cheap enough that I'm asking strangers for advice. That said I may just cough up a few extra bucks to get the flat mode on the Trofeo

I have skied WC on 85 underfoot no problem.

Some thoughts, trofeo differ from WC in both toe and heel. Toe for WC is very similar to Haute Route 10, may even be the same toe. I have no worries about the toe breaking. The heel is very simple, I think the biggest difference between them is the U spring and flap cover. Flap cover on Trofeo is MUCH stronger, but recently they have made improvements to the flap on the WC. Also with the RIS on the new WC springs I see no problem skiing more difficult and committing terrain.

Personally I think you don't get much going to Trofeo except less cost. If they were the same price I would go with WC every day. I think the next step up in performance that is worth anything is the RT10(or Crest10 to save $)

Thank you Timmalo that is very helpful. Are you worried about the heel flap breaking on the WC? That would certainly cause a bad day especially without a flat mode

Also, since I'm spamming this thread I should add that I got replacement elasticity springs for my Crest bindings from ATK, they are MUCH stiffer than the stock springs. I played with friend's bindings and test bindings at skimo (Crest and Release 10) and they were all varying degrees of soft/squishy. The new ones are stiff AF.

Thank you Timmalo that is very helpful. Are you worried about the heel flap breaking on the WC? That would certainly cause a bad day especially without a flat mode

Also, since I'm spamming this thread I should add that I got replacement elasticity springs for my Crest bindings from ATK, they are MUCH stiffer than the stock springs. I played with friend's bindings and test bindings at skimo (Crest and Release 10) and they were all varying degrees of soft/squishy. The new ones are stiff AF.
    Depending on the year, yes, very worried. between me and my wife we have broken 5 individual heel flaps. However we have not broken any of the newer iteration(started shipping mid/early season of 19/20). I don't think it was ever a day ending breakage, it would still hold on enough to get home and there is actually a flat mode on these bindings, it just don't work ideally.

Before you get too concerned about the 5 broken flaps, consider we have been running these bindings for 7 years and currently have 4 pairs mounted on different skis(3 pr race skis, 1 pr on 77 underfoot, last year had a pair on 86 underfoot and loved it)

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I have an AL07 that I don't think I'm going to use. I meant to buy the AL05 but got mixed up. Someone can correct me but it seems the main difference is that AL07 doesn't ship with a wood screw for mounting.

Was going to put them on some powder skis with trofeo/helio 180s, but honestly they ski just fine without them in pow and I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of grinding them down to fit.

PM me if you are interested.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Pm’ed I’ll def take those off your hands

Anyone tried the new Freeraider 16 yet? I know there is less ramp-angle with the built in shim but how much less?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreemcheese View Post
    Anyone tried the new Freeraider 16 yet? I know there is less ramp-angle with the built in shim but how much less?
    The delta on the Freeraider 16 is 11mm but it comes complete with a pair of 4mm shims (& longer screws) to reduce that to 7mm.

The 4mm shims (with screws) fit all the Raider models and are available seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    The delta on the Freeraider 16 is 11mm but it comes complete with a pair of 4mm shims (& longer screws) to reduce that to 7mm.

The 4mm shims (with screws) fit all the Raider models and are available seperately.
    Thank you almighty spyderjon, always providing for us.

Any more info/pictures/specs of the FR16 online ?

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    It's the same as the Freeraider 14 in every respect apart from being 9-16 din, being black and the shims are included.

Anybody got a picture of the new Revolution Brake WC?
    https://thepillmagazine.com/atk-bind...ke-wc/?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post

... Thom
    Galby Thom - would you mind adding the ATK-made, Moment-branded Voyager XIV to this front page? Would be good to see it all together.

Stack heights, etc. are here: under Specs - https://www.momentskis.com/products/voyager-xiv
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Galby Thom - would you mind adding the ATK-made, Moment-branded Voyager XIV to this front page? Would be good to see it all together.

Stack heights, etc. are here: under Specs - https://www.momentskis.com/products/voyager-xiv
    I'll look into this.

I was stumped with how to cross reference ATK's multiple, back and forth name changes (e.g. Freeraider 14 becomes Front 14, etc), combined with the rebranded Helio, Hagan, and now Moment equivalents.

In the case of Helios and Moments, there are OEM specified changes to the Raider 12 - two additional versions (Helio 350 & Voyager).

It's a mind-boggling data modeling problem ;-) Yeah, I could introduce a model year column which could solve most of this, but there's no definitive way of confirming much of this at this point.

Most of the earlier questions had to do with model confusion (main features), and the cross reference column was really helpful, but maybe the time has come to nix that column and just have current year models with an extensive notes field?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

C-Crest 10, Crest heel, C-Raider toe : https://www.majestyskis.com/skis/bin...sty-c-crest-10

C-Crest 10, Crest heel, C-Raider toe : https://www.majestyskis.com/skis/bin...sty-c-crest-10
    Cool combo, not available in the US yet though

Here it is for sale already in Sweden, they got 3 pairs. https://areskidsport.se/produkt/atk-freerider-16/
    6800kr (801 usd) for the 16 vs freeraider 14, 6300kr (740usd)

Depending on where you live or intend to ski, flat mode for mountaineering might be really, really nice to have. If you wanted to, eg, cross Jackson Lake to ski the skillet.