Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Quarantine is certainly getting to you!

I've made/fitted hundreds of pairs of (smooth) shims over the years for plenty of big guys on high dins and shear has never been an issue, either with regular mounts or with QK/BF inserts.
    Yeah idk. I've used dynafit radical ft shims in the past but never flat acetal. Anecdotally people have some issues in torsion I guess with shims, just over engineering a solution out of boredom.

Anyhow I wish atk would make a brakeless freeride spacer adapter for the fr14s, would be perfect.

Spyderjon, do you have any more details on the toe pin pressure? 11 kg on the first run of the fr14s but recent ones are 13kg? Seems like there's been a preponderance of prereleases with this new design.

My new R-12'S did a toe release when the tips compressed into a small mogul. As quick as I felt the toe rise, mogul slaps the front of the ski up & back in. Lucky outcome. Skied a second day on them being careful to deal with any snow around binding / boot toe/ pin interface and felt secure. But in the back of your mind... As for heel gap, used the shim stock ATK packed in the box. Gap just grabs the shim but you can slide it. I should measure it, good to know if it differs from their guidance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    Had a pretty big pre release on the C- raider 12's with (Freeride spacers )today ripping on a smooth groomer. Dins set at 11/11 . I only weigh 170 lbs. Never had a pre release on dyanfits in past 12 years.

My boots were clear of snow and ice. I think it was a vertical release from the heel.

When I got home I started checking the heel gap. I pulled the calipers out and measured the small piece that ATK gives you to measure heel gap and its 4.40mm ( they call for 4mm) On top of the guage being thicker i originally put the gauge between the heel and binding per their directions but slid the gauge roughly to the ******* bottom of the metal heel piece attached to heel of boot***** by pushing it down that far it effectively makes the heel gap bigger from what i can tell. This along with the guage provided being .40 mm too thick had my heel gap a little over 5mm.

Did I mess up on my original gap set ? How are you guys measuring heel gap? These are mounted on a stiff underfoot ski... I'm spooked at this point.

I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Melee. He is sending me a spare screw.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Melee. He is sending me a spare screw.
    Nice. And a perfect contrast to the CS from BC.com in the Shift thread.

damn and here i was thinking i was gonna get a shout out

Huge shout out and thanks to tgapp for lending me the jig. That is the nicest binding jig I have ever seen or used. Now for the dumbass question: anyone know how I can get a new freeride spacer screw? I over torqued one and busted the head off...
    @tgapp you were first!

@tgapp you were first!
    oh shit I'm a JONG and didn't see that lol, my bad

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I have a general pet peave of non standard hardware.
    Yeah, this the only (tiny) beef I have with the binding as well. It's not a big deal at all, and I carry a bit driver in my touring bag anyway, but the combo of flathead for the toe, pozi for the mounting screws, T10 for the stomp pad, and regular Philips for the length adjust seems a little excessive. But that's a small price to pay for how happy the rest of the binding has been making me.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Yeah, this the only (tiny) beef I have with the binding as well. It's not a big deal at all, and I carry a bit driver in my touring bag anyway, but the combo of flathead for the toe, pozi for the mounting screws, T10 for the stomp pad, and regular Philips for the length adjust seems a little excessive. But that's a small price to pay for how happy the rest of the binding has been making me.
    Cy I am with you. I'm totally stoked on the binging and think that being able to service all screws with one tool is always a plus. It would probably be tough to make the toe screw a 3 pozi and all the others easily could be. I think that would be an improvement for future editions at a tiny weight penalty and I am sure many would disagree.

ATK Crest 10 question

Just picked up a set of Crest 10 bindings from T-P. One thing I noticed, is the toe pins don't have a slot to cut ice away, when you step into binding.

Having been ejected a few times, with my old Verts, when I didn't clear out ice in the "cups" on my boots, just wondered if this is normal for ATK binders? Or did I get a bad set of bindings?

Thanks,
    lurker here for a while, just signed up for TGR

Believe it or not dynafit has a patent for that. Many (most?) other binding manufacturers don't have the slot, I assume to avoid infringement. I still think doing a little toe wiggle helps get some of the snow out, though maybe not as well as if there was a groove.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Believe it or not dynafit has a patent for that. Many (most?) other binding manufacturers don't have the slot, I assume to avoid infringement. I still think doing a little toe wiggle helps get some of the snow out, though maybe not as well as if there was a groove.
    My Salomon MTN bindings, G3 Ions, and Zeds all have the ice clearing "slot" in their toe pins.
    So I don't think this slot, is covered by a Dynafit patent. Dynafit do have a patent on their "Master Step" boot inserts. I just wondered if the other ATK bindings have this toe pin slot, in case I got a production error.
    I will still keep doing the toe wiggle, before I stomp down onto the heel.
    Last edited by VT skier; 12-15-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VT skier View Post
    My Salomon MTN bindings, G3 Ions, and Zeds all have the "slot" in their toe pins. So I don't think this slot, is covered by a Dynafit patent. Dynafit do have a patent on their "Master Step" boot inserts. I just wondered if the other ATK bindings have this toe pin slot, in case I got a production error.
    I will still keep doing the toe wiggle, before I stomp down onto the heel.
    No clearing slot on the toe pins of my RT10s or Helio 200s (Haute Routes).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thanks Thom,
    Glad to hear that ! So I will go ahead and get the bindings mounted.. Crest 10 below with 97mm brakes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATK Crest 10 binding.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	353046  
    Last edited by VT skier; 12-16-2020 at 08:19 AM.

BD Helio 350, what's the ATK version? Might throw a pair on a pair of Backland 107s

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    BD Helio 350, what's the ATK version? Might throw a pair on a pair of Backland 107s
    Looks like this one, ATK RT-10.
    https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/binding/atk-rt-10 But this one only has a release value up to 10.

the original RT-12 has been replaced by the ATK R-12, which has a different base plate for the toe.

https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/bi...-r12?var=63310

It's a Raider 12 heel (which has two riser/flippys) with either a Crest or RT-10 toe. It was covered somewhere in the past couple of months in this thread.

The RT-10 heel has only one flippy/riser. Best I can tell, the difference between the RT-10 and Crest toes is that the RT-10 has the "uphill hardness variator". Scroll up thread (sometime in the past two months) for a description of that as well.

I ain't gonna do all yer work fer ya.

Bonus points: the very first post in this thread has a download link (courtesy of @spyderjon) to the current catalog.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

ahh yes, wouldn't be the atk thread if this question didn't get asked on a daily basis

Thom is too nice.

SEARCH FUNCTION, JONG

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Anyhow I wish atk would make a brakeless freeride spacer adapter for the fr14s, would be perfect.
    You don't need an adapter. The brake and freeride spacer are totally independent.

You can run the FR14 or Moment Voyager XIV without a brake. We also have small little covers which go in the place of the brake so snow does not pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    You don't need an adapter. The brake and freeride spacer are totally independent.

You can run the FR14 or Moment Voyager XIV without a brake. We also have small little covers which go in the place of the brake so snow does not pack.
    Yeah im aware, I was referring to a small cover that replaces the brake assembly when removed or a design similar to the legacy freeride spacer in lieu of the brakes, since the legacy design seems more robust.

Can i purchase the covers directly from you? What do they look like?

This was briefly discussed a couple weeks ago here, but I've noticed that one of my Crest toe pieces has a ton of play/slop in the lever when in ski mode. I have a few other Crest toes and none of them are this bad. On my other bindings you can lightly press the lever to sort of click it into place in the ski mode, but on one of my toes you can't do it and it just sort of flops around. It still skis fine, is it something to be concerned about? It doesn't look like there is anything that can be adjusted.

I know it's still early, but what's the general consensus on the C-Raider 12 vs. the (non-carbon) Radier-12? My instincts lead me to the non-carbon.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Btw not sure if mentioned already but I checked out the Moment Voyager XIV version and the toe piece is taller by about 1/4in or 3/16 for a flatter profile.

Props to Spyderjon! Shims are on point and made my Raider 12 2.0 ski like alpine with no hurt on the uphill beyond my crappy, old engine. Solid on all points! Good value and great service! BTW, the ATK bindings are terrific!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by winstwu View Post
    Btw not sure if mentioned already but I checked out the Moment Voyager XIV version and the toe piece is taller by about 1/4in or 3/16 for a flatter profile.
    FR14 Ramp: 11mm

Voyager XIV Ramp: 7.5mm

We didn't want to make it flat because you would get an insane stack height on the toe which sucks in our opinion. There are a lot of factors to consider while shimming a binding...