Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2311
    Appreciate the info. I totally agree the spacer is a must. I think I’m just trying to figure out what din range is most suitable to her. 5’5” and 140lbs. Skis a 172. Aggressive skier but not hucking. In your opinion does the 11 or 13 din range make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by awh311 View Post
    Appreciate the info. I totally agree the spacer is a must. I think I’m just trying to figure out what din range is most suitable to her. 5’5” and 140lbs. Skis a 172. Aggressive skier but not hucking. In your opinion does the 11 or 13 din range make more sense?
    FWIW Those stats, skills, and ski length describe me very closely (although I am a dude) and I have had no issues with the helio 350 (raider heel I believe) at 8/9 DIN on my 112 waist skis or the crest 10 on 94 waist.

Those stats are meaningless without her bsl.

I had no idea BSL played into it. Looks like it’s 300. Anything else I’m missing?

I had no idea BSL played into it. Looks like it’s 300. Anything else I’m missing?
    Boob size is a big factor. Better post some pics so we can make a proper assessment.

Be safe not sorry.

I made her up. You caught me. These are for me.

FYI for those ATK curious in the summer months. Black Diamond is blowing out ATK bindings in their outlet. Freeraider 16 for $350, World Cups for $230, some other DIN/performance in between.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

WoW don’t need bindings but those are some serious discounts. BD dropping atk? Cash needed?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    WoW don’t need bindings but those are some serious discounts. BD dropping atk? Cash needed?
    They were running deep industry deals on ATK bindings in March too. I think there is just a lot of inventory left over from this past season. It's the same with skis and many bikes companies previous years stuff. I've seen more blowout style deals this summer than in a long time.

I guess so. Clicked on after and saw Tectons and airbags heavily discounted. Maybe that’s why my fb marketplace deals have been so good. Folks buy cheap sell cheap

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I guess so. Clicked on after and saw Tectons and airbags heavily discounted. Maybe that’s why my fb marketplace deals have been so good. Folks buy cheap sell cheap
    I've noticed the facebook marketplace thing too. So many brand new or lightly ridden bikes for 3k under retail on my local swap pages right now. I'd guess 90% of them were purchased through employee or industry deals and the sellers are looking to make a quick 1-2k, but the market ain't what it was during covid.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I've noticed the facebook marketplace thing too. So many brand new or lightly ridden bikes for 3k under retail on my local swap pages right now. I'd guess 90% of them were purchased through employee or industry deals and the sellers are looking to make a quick 1-2k, but the market ain't what it was during covid.
    Name:  2b8.png
Views: 1146
Size:  481.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    FYI for those ATK curious in the summer months. Black Diamond is blowing out ATK bindings in their outlet. Freeraider 16 for $350, World Cups for $230, some other DIN/performance in between.
    The prices on models with release values <9 are especially astounding!
    And that race binding isn't just the WC, but the more exotic variation, even with the latest color scheme.
    ("It's a revolution, I suppose; We'll paint it red to fit right in")

Nearly free momix skins too:
    (And you're welcome, in advance, for my informing you that the width is 133mm, which took me several seconds to figure out, given that's listed at the end of all the other attributes.)

Also nearly free:
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Anyone have experience using the Revolution World Cup on wider skis? Friends run the regular ATK world cup on wider skis without issue, but looks like the Revolution has a slightly skimpier toepiece. I ordered a pair, I guess I'll find out either way.

PSA the BD outlet sale has a decent number of ATK bindings steeply discounted. Kuluar 9 with several brake size options for <$200. https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...b_category=ATK

Official ATK Binding Thread

Was pretty set on the alpinist but these deals seem silly to skip over but I am not up to date on their binding options. Looking for an alpinist competitor (300ish grams, durable), looks like that’s the helio which unfortunately isn’t a great deal. Maybe the xenic? But I’m 195lbs and that’s a lot of plastic. Suggestions?

Edit: at 370grams the freeraider looks to be real solid at not a crazy weight penalty? I’m think 102 brake with some bending for a 112 ski? Or jump up to the 120?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Was pretty set on the alpinist but these deals seem silly to skip over but I am not up to date on their binding options. Looking for an alpinist competitor (300ish grams, durable), looks like that’s the helio which unfortunately isn’t a great deal. Maybe the xenic? But I’m 195lbs and that’s a lot of plastic. Suggestions?

Edit: at 370grams the freeraider looks to be real solid at not a crazy weight penalty? I’m think 102 brake with some bending for a 112 ski? Or jump up to the 120?

Guess that depends on what you are after...

Alpinist is pretty light and skis solid, minimal ramp, but no adjustable vertical release. I like that they are pretty cheap and that you can have flat + medium risers without rotating the heel. I don't like that they are a tad heavier than other UL options, especially since they have a fixed vertical release.

In atk land that's probably somewhere between a helio 180/trofeo and a helio 200/haute route, although a bit heavier. You can often get trofeos from europe for around the same price as Alpinists (u spring with no adjustments). All of these lack a high riser (so does alpinist).

Crest and kular are also in this weight range but with more adjustability. Looks like BD has a kular 9 if that's high enough release value.

Freeraider is a way more featured binding obviously, more risers, freeride spacer, higher weight, higher release value etc. Also way more ramp without shimming, if that bothers you. For me the extra weight isn't worth it over the 200 gr options but I am not a heavy or aggressive skier. Really stellar deal though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Anyone have experience using the Revolution World Cup on wider skis? Friends run the regular ATK world cup on wider skis without issue, but looks like the Revolution has a slightly skimpier toepiece. I ordered a pair, I guess I'll find out either way.
    No personal experience, but even though that race model is slightly lighter, its springless toe design is similar to ATK’s heaviest freeride models. So I’m hoping that’s a good sign for being more robust.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Guess that depends on what you are after...

Alpinist is pretty light and skis solid, minimal ramp, but no adjustable vertical release. I like that they are pretty cheap and that you can have flat + medium risers without rotating the heel. I don't like that they are a tad heavier than other UL options, especially since they have a fixed vertical release.

In atk land that's probably somewhere between a helio 180/trofeo and a helio 200/haute route, although a bit heavier. You can often get trofeos from europe for around the same price as Alpinists (u spring with no adjustments). All of these lack a high riser (so does alpinist).

Crest and kular are also in this weight range but with more adjustability. Looks like BD has a kular 9 if that's high enough release value.

Freeraider is a way more featured binding obviously, more risers, freeride spacer, higher weight, higher release value etc. Also way more ramp without shimming, if that bothers you. For me the extra weight isn't worth it over the 200 gr options but I am not a heavy or aggressive skier. Really stellar deal though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Good info, sounds like I might have to do a deeper dive.

Free raiders are sold out and the highest other release value binding is a 9. Ive never bought true pin bindings but if I usually ski a din 11, a 9 seems too low. Maybe next time

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Name:  2b8.png
Views: 1146
Size:  481.2 KB
    Western Colorado Bike Swap has been a gold mine recently. ifyoureintothatkindofthing

I had a pair of 16s in my cart this morning but my doc hasn't even cleared me to walk yet so I held off. I'm not surprised they sold so quickly but I wish I could have justified a purchase right now.

missed the deals. bought the ATK Crest 10 this spring as choices were limited in Durango when I needed bindings. Am I the only person that thinks that button for the brakes is stupid.
    Last edited by BFD; 06-20-2023 at 07:28 PM.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    missed the deals. bought the ATK Crest 10 this spring as choices were limited in Durango when I needed bindings. Am I the only person that thinks that button for the brakes is stupid.
    I think most people did, that’s why they updated the brakes for the evo model

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the button brakes are quite bad. I need to sit down and work on mine. a little bit of snow gums them up and they don't really release

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    the button brakes are quite bad. I need to sit down and work on mine. a little bit of snow gums them up and they don't really release
    They’re bad but not that bad. What I really hate is the snow that becomes ice on the top of the screw in the freeride spacer where you do the height adjustment. Really f’s with skis on transitions.

Not happy to hear that as I am looking to install two on new skis to me. I wonder if a dab of silicon caulk on top of the screw heads would stay in place.