Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2308
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyp View Post
    + on lines where I really don’t want to release, I do lock them anyway. And this ski will either be that or really long spring missions (and not a lot of crazy chargin afterwards)

Sorry to just be repeating myself, but I’m trying to double check my thinking (and I’ve seen your previous posts on why companies design bindings with >9 DIN).

Given my weight and height - that makes sense to you still?

Would you go for Haute Route or the Trofeo Plus for those applications? 20grams doesn’t matter, but the 100 bucks could
    Can't speak to the HR vs. the Trofeo Plus question, so take everything with a grain of salt. I have a lot of days on the R10 in tougher conditions than you describe. I am taller, same weight, with ZGTPs. They have released when they needed to. I understand they are different bindings intended for different applications. Kind of. If you're not hucking, imo, the 10s will be enough. The tougher the skiing--the tighter the couloir, the steeper the terrain, the more consequential the terrain, the higher the altitude, the longer the tour, etc--99% of the posters here will dial back their skiing. Very few are capable of / willing to really pushing it in the bc. You typically don't have enough guts or energy to redline it. That's a good thing. Risk meters safe lives.
    But if you're 200 lbs, skiing with a heavy pack, and/or Mach-ing, go for a stouter binding. Those folks do exist.

PSA sale prices on Hagan’s ATKs.

Good call on the RT toe. I don't think the HR is any stronger than the crests but I'm small so neither has felt like blowing up even hitting a couple icy groomers after touring. I just want a trofeo with the double flipper of the Raider series. I gave up on that class ATK for the lower slightly lower ramp, better crampon attachments(though the ATK are LIGHT), and better flippers on the Plum Oazo.
    I miss the ATK durability though. I've broken some pieces on various Plums but prices for the oazo vs HR is a no brainer.

Anyone know the ramp angle of the Front?

Quote Originally Posted by Climbers Right View Post
    Good call on the RT toe. I don't think the HR is any stronger than the crests but I'm small so neither has felt like blowing up even hitting a couple icy groomers after touring. I just want a trofeo with the double flipper of the Raider series. I gave up on that class ATK for the lower slightly lower ramp, better crampon attachments(though the ATK are LIGHT), and better flippers on the Plum Oazo.
    I miss the ATK durability though. I've broken some pieces on various Plums but prices for the oazo vs HR is a no brainer.
    This post makes no sense to me. You're saying that Oazo vs HR is a no brainer but they are only $50-$80 different (depending on the site). Yes the Plum has 2mm less ramp and the double risers that flip right over the pins looks nice but you say that you've broken parts on Plums multiple times... I'd say going ATK is the easy choice just for reliability.

Also for the record the only difference between the fancier toe found on the HR, RT and SL World Cup and the toe on the Crest and Trofeo is slightly more extensive machining and finish. There is no functional difference other than a few grams of weight.

I've found the Oazo for $100-200+ cheaper than the HR usually. The Oazo can be had for $300 vs the HR definitely the gets ATK premium price though it is around $450 right now.
    The double race flipper on the Oazo is also a big difference for me. Im usually in TZGP boots on the skis i use these for. They climb well for what they are but the high riser is useful vs flipping back and forth.

As for breaking things. I did break things on older plum guides but haven't had issues on the Oazo. It's just one of those things like trying to trust the marker alpinists that several partners are on and swear by when i got Marker-ed hard by the Kingpins twice.

And stunt is right. The RT does get the adjustment screw vs the HR/Crest etc but I've not really ever seen a ton of value in that

Quote Originally Posted by Climbers Right View Post
    And stunt is right. The RT does get the adjustment screw vs the HR/Crest etc but I've not really ever seen a ton of value in that
    Oh yeah the RT does get a little "UHV" screw on the toe that is hard to spot in their pics. I don't think its super useful because it only changes the locked tension

Can someone tell me what size the torx wrench is to change out the freeride spacers?

Re: trofeo plus vs kuluar.

I ordered trofeo plus because of the 30 mm range. But I would like the heel elasticity. However, because I have both Backland and MTN Explore boots, the BSL difference is nearly 20 mm in the same mondo 29 size. So I wanted a bit of extra room in case I get a bigger or smaller next boot to not have to remount. In my opinion, 30 mm should be standard adjustment range.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Re: trofeo plus vs kuluar.

I ordered trofeo plus because of the 30 mm range. But I would like the heel elasticity. However, because I have both Backland and MTN Explore boots, the BSL difference is nearly 20 mm in the same mondo 29 size. So I wanted a bit of extra room in case I get a bigger or smaller next boot to not have to remount. In my opinion, 30 mm should be standard adjustment range.
    I agree, but ski industry folks I've spoken with say they don't want to encourage people to be skiing super far off from the recommended mount point of the ski. Raiders have 25mm of travel, Alpinist Long Travel have 30mm, Titan Vario.2 have 24mm, Zeds have 30mm, options are out there for long range bindings

ATK has long travel bindings too. I bought a pair of the Kastle rebranded ones with 50mm travel (tour 9 ca) cause they were only $250.
    They are ok if you carefully setup where each boot will be and you are only using 25mm or so...which is what i do.

Not sure what the point would be if you really needed the full range though. 12.5mm forward or backwards from mount center is a huge range.

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    ATK has long travel bindings too. I bought a pair of the Kastle rebranded ones with 50mm travel (tour 9 ca) cause they were only $250.
    They are ok if you carefully setup where each boot will be and you are only using 25mm or so...which is what i do.

Not sure what the point would be if you really needed the full range though. 12.5mm forward or backwards from mount center is a huge range.
    Are you using these? https://www.oliunid.com/kastle-tour-...alpinismo.html

I can't tell if they have the Raider-style heel with 2 magnetic flaps or the Crest style heel with a single flap

With my Dynafit 25 mm adjustment I can get both boots to work with some wiggle room on either side, but I wouldn't be able to size up a boot or buy a beefy touring boot with a significantly longer bsl.

There is a 60mm plate for all race style ATKs : https://www.atkbindings.com/fr/prodo...pour-location/

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post

I can't tell if they have the Raider-style heel with 2 magnetic flaps or the Crest style heel with a single flap
    Yes. Its a single flap.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Can someone tell me what size the torx wrench is to change out the freeride spacers?
    Not exactly but it’s the skinny fucker on my Park Tool multi tool. I have used it to swap brake assemblies on FR14/ Voyager. A bit clumsy but it works.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1650050172.772059.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	413224

Speaking of brakes, in conversation with Spyder Jon I learned that the new Evo series will have a new brake system without the push button. The older brakes won’t work with them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    T10

those look like allen wrenches on the Park tool
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    T10
    Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    Anyone know the ramp angle of the Front?
    FYI Found it on Hagan's site: https://www.haganskimountaineering.c...pec-comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post

Anyone ordered from Oliunid previously?

A friend is looking to buy (or borrow, in Boise) a jig.
    Hagan is out until the fall.
    Any other suggestions to try contacting other than BD?
    (Perhaps Moment?)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    Anyone ordered from Oliunid previously?
    I've ordered from them several times over the last 6 months.
    From what i understand if you are ordering to the US, as long as its under $800 you don't have to pay import duties. No issues so far, largest order i had was $690.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    A friend is looking to buy (or borrow, in Boise) a jig.
    Hagan is out until the fall.
    Any other suggestions to try contacting other than BD?
    (Perhaps Moment?)
    If you don't have any luck, I can make your friend a jig like this with ATK templates:
    https://imgur.com/a/P5UzDHs

I posted some details in the mount your own bindings thread. Its not a proper binding jig, but its pretty darn good. I've mounted 2 sets of atk bindings so far with no issues.
    I'd have to look at how much it would cost to make more, but would probably end up about $80.