Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2312
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Are you resort skinning or backcountry?
    Backcountry, and sometimes steep, firm terrain.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    I bought FR 14s this season. They ski great and work as well as pretty much any other pin bindings I've used (Dynafit and G3). One small issue I've encountered is the lifters tend to flip over from the flat position if I'm "vigourously" moving in the flat position. Happens when the ski flexes or I swing the ski moving over uneven terrain. Happened several times last weekend when doing a long-ish flat approach over refrozen. Anybody have a fix for this?
    Yeah, no issues with flopping if you set the lower one in the pins...

I shoulda read the instructions.

I own the FR 14 and this year added the Voyager 12 mounted on a new Salomon QST 98. I skied this set up inbounds today at Targhee. It skis beautifully.
    I’m 6-1 and 185 lbs. I have the release value set at 9. I skied it hard, more aggressively than I would in the backcountry.
    My question to you—why would I want one of the higher release value models? Actually why would you want a higher RV model?

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    I own the FR 14 and this year added the Voyager 12 mounted on a new Salomon QST 98. I skied this set up inbounds today at Targhee. It skis beautifully.
    I’m 6-1 and 185 lbs. I have the release value set at 9. I skied it hard, more aggressively than I would in the backcountry.
    My question to you—why would I want one of the higher release value models? Actually why would you want a higher RV model?
    Hucking. Dropping cliffs. Skiing faster and harder. Skiing consequential lines in which a non-release knee injury is preferable to a release. Bigger, heavier, chargier skiers. The list goes on, but essentially it's made for these reasons. And marketing.

the key advantage to the fr16 over the fr14 in my experience was that it was in stock locally.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm considering ordering a Trofeo to replace some old Dynafit speed turns. Does anyone here have experience with these? I've read at least one review mentioning difficulty, a lot force required, to rotate the heel piece to switch lifter levels from 0 to high. Assuming I get the Trofeo 8 wouldn't the rotational force to rotate the binding be the same as the also Dynafit set on 8?

The "high" riser on these is basically the same as the race flap over the pins. Other than needing flat, i don't rotate. They are tough to spin, but less than any plums i use so maybe i just don't notice it. I like em but they are a race style binding with the pros and cons as such. If you run an 8, the oazo I think is a little better.
    Release has to do with the u spring, not the tightness of the tower and the detents. You can break them in by rotating a bunch at home. It sorta scores the metal and beds in like a disc brake. Pros of the tight rotation is I've never gotten slop in an atk or plum tower where the easier to spin dynafits and MTNs got loose.

Are the brakes on the C-raider 12 interchangeable? Found a decent deal on a pair but they come with 86mm brakes and I need 108.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Are the brakes on the C-raider 12 interchangeable? Found a decent deal on a pair but they come with 86mm brakes and I need 108.
    Yes they are easy to swap out. Same brakes across all ATK bindings. I have a spare pair I could sell, either 102 or 108mm I can check

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    I'm considering ordering a Trofeo to replace some old Dynafit speed turns. Does anyone here have experience with these? I've read at least one review mentioning difficulty, a lot force required, to rotate the heel piece to switch lifter levels from 0 to high. Assuming I get the Trofeo 8 wouldn't the rotational force to rotate the binding be the same as the also Dynafit set on 8?
    Yeah they are definitely hard to rotate but seem to have gotten a little easier after a year of break in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So, hand rotation ease is a function of lateral RV and how much leverage you can apply with your hands.

Smaller race bindings are more difficult to spin as a result. Sometimes, flipping the riser gains you a touch more leverage.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Yes they are easy to swap out. Same brakes across all ATK bindings. I have a spare pair I could sell, either 102 or 108mm I can check
    Awesome thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So, hand rotation ease is a function of lateral RV and how much leverage you can apply with your hands.

Smaller race bindings are more difficult to spin as a result. Sometimes, flipping the riser gains you a touch more leverage.

... Thom
    Agree, but ... flip the riser only on the Trofeo, since it is specifically designed to "nest" for such a purpose.
    Other ATK race models, as well as many race models from other companies, can physically be spun 180-degrees with the heel cover flipped to extract a few more mm of riser height, BUT the heel cover could ended up being broken by that.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Hucking. Dropping cliffs. Skiing faster and harder. Skiing consequential lines in which a non-release knee injury is preferable to a release. Bigger, heavier, chargier skiers. The list goes on, but essentially it's made for these reasons. And marketing.
    Thanks for that. Makes sense and since I'm unlikely to huck or cliff drop on purpose I'll probably buy another Voyager 12.

By the way, Evo now has it on sale for $594

https://www.evo.com/alpine-touring-s...nt-voyager-xii

Other than the always active brake, does the front 12 really add much for the ~50g over the normal r12? I remember the old front brake raiders being a love hate thing

Love mine, would prolly buy the front 12 next. Very cool update to a great design.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The redesigned al09 freeride spacer is a big improvement on the og design. I broke a wing on the og design almost immediately, and BD shipped me the redesigned spacers no questions asked. Havent skied em yet but they look g2g.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y6uf1ijLpepvTW8H7

I’ve searched but haven’t found a definitive answer: can you remove the brakes on Freeraiders/Voyagers but keep the freeride spacer?

Yes. You can buy a cover for the brake attachment to prevent ice buildup but it’s not required

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    i haz a 108 you can have
    and we saw ya on the news the other day and smiled
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Yes. You can buy a cover for the brake attachment to prevent ice buildup but it’s not required
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i haz a 108 you can have
    and we saw ya on the news the other day and smiled
    Awesome offer man, thank you. But I waited too long to pull the trigger on that good deal. I’ll wait and see if they come back in stock, but not holding my breath. I’ll keep in touch.

Someone else told me they saw me on the news too, they must be running something old since I haven’t done an on camera in a while? Although I have been known to do a 2am interview and forget all about it.

zion zig zag, ATK are out of C-Raiders until next season but I've got a couple of pairs left in stock and I have 108mm brakes. If you'd like a quote just PM me your zip code.