Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paal View Post
    Since I am obviously not the only one concerned about ramp angle:

After I ordered new touring skis yesterday, I have been browsing for new bindings pretty much non-stop I am a bit sensitive to ramp angle and have added quiver-killer inserts to the toe-pieces and 3d-printed various shims to get a fit I'm happy with on my previous setups. No big deal, but if I could just get something flatter right away for my new skis that would be ideal.
    Sent some questions to ATK earlier today. Some of the discussion below:
    You want the Moment Voyager XIV it is a Freeraider with less ramp built in

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post

Yeah, saw those.
    This is just an alternative. Even flatter (slightly) and with fwd/aft adjustability.
    Heavier though.

Yeah, saw those.
    This is just an alternative. Even flatter (slightly) and with fwd/aft adjustability.
    Heavier though.
    As long as you know what ramp angle works for you.

Note that the Std. Raider/Freeraider is 10.5mm which is like a Vipec/Tecton. That's about 7mm less ramp than the stiletto heel (older) Dynafiddles which were in the 17mm range (Verticals, Radicals, etc.).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Yup; those exact stilettos were what caused me to start shimming in the first place

Yup; those exact stilettos were what caused me to start shimming in the first place
    I shimmed my Ions +11mm down to 6.3mm and it was worth every gram.

The flatter stance is way better and so much less stress and strain on my quads.

Anyone know when the atk freeraider shoums will get released?

5mm toe shims and extended screws for the C-Raider 12:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-Raider 5mm toe shims & screws.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	348907

The pan head screws that ATK use are a pain in the ass as they have a smaller than usual head diameter meaning that longer screws have to be reduced to fit in the base recesses:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turning down the head diameters.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	434.8 KB 
ID:	348908

yo SJ those c-raider shims are sweet!

if any us mags are gonna order binders from SJ, do you think we could combine shipping so i could snag a pair of those + screws? let me know if anyone is looking to order here!

Name:  IMG_9240.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  98.2 KB

Got my shims from Spyderjon last night, they look great! Can't wait to use them this season. I ordered 3 pairs for Crests, 2 for me, one for my SO.

Thanks for all the info in this thread mags. Pulled the trigger on a pair of Helios 350's (Moosejaw is has a 20% coupon currently).

Going to see how I like the ramp angle (currently using old Fritschi Freerides - no ramp) but tempted to buy some shims from the start.

Official ATK Binding Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Thanks for all the info in this thread mags. Pulled the trigger on a pair of Helios 350's (Moosejaw is has a 20% coupon currently).

Going to see how I like the ramp angle (currently using old Fritschi Freerides - no ramp) but tempted to buy some shims from the start.
    Do a direct comparison by screwing them into a 2X4 and going back and forth. Shim or not as needed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Do a direct comparison by screwing them into a 2X4 and going back and forth. Shim or not as needed.
    Great idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yo SJ those c-raider shims are sweet!

if any us mags are gonna order binders from SJ, do you think we could combine shipping so i could snag a pair of those + screws? let me know if anyone is looking to order here!
    I just put in an order with Spyderjon today. If he's good with it, you can piggyback on my order across the pond and then we can arrange shipping from me to you.
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Intriguing. https://www.momentskis.com/products/voyager-xiv Not very cheap but with the WC 108s might be an easy/turnkey rig. Wondering how good the WC108s would be on corn/hardpack.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Wondering how good the WC108s would be on corn/hardpack.
    I think that you'll find that they are surprisingly good at the latter for being without metal, and plain awesome in the former - provided you like a somewhat centered/progressive mount point. The only non-rockered ski I've been on that is better at spring corn is Kartel(jeffrey)108s, but they have a lower speed limit than wildcat108s and do not like to be driven through the shovels (unlike wildcat108s).

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I think that you'll find that they are surprisingly good at the latter for being without metal, and plain awesome in the former - provided you like a somewhat centered/progressive mount point. The only non-rockered ski I've been on that is better at spring corn is Kartel(jeffrey)108s, but they have a lower speed limit than wildcat108s and do not like to be driven through the shovels (unlike wildcat108s).
    Thanks, man.

Hey, does anyone have experience with old vs new FreeRaider 14 (toe brake vs heel brake)? It seems like the old design is tried and tested, whereas the new ones have had some failures. I have the option for either to get shipped from Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Hey, does anyone have experience with old vs new FreeRaider 14 (toe brake vs heel brake)? It seems like the old design is tried and tested, whereas the new ones have had some failures. I have the option for either to get shipped from Switzerland.
    What failures have the new ones been having?

I just ordered some Helio 200LT + adjustment track for $415 from gear.com, seemed like a good deal. Gonna put these on some ZG95s. I can’t keep all these various models and rebrandings straight, should I look for a freeride spacer for these or is it not compatible (or necessary)?

Quote Originally Posted by random_watcher View Post
    What failures have the new ones been having?
    Apparently brake issues.

Apparently brake issues.
    Just take the brakes off

The 'new' heel mounted brake on the 20/21 Freeraider 14's is not new at all has it has been proven on the other ATK models for some years now.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I just ordered some Helio 200LT + adjustment track for $415 from gear.com, seemed like a good deal. Gonna put these on some ZG95s. I can’t keep all these various models and rebrandings straight, should I look for a freeride spacer for these or is it not compatible (or necessary)?
    Solid! I’m really digging my trofeo plus, and just got some freeride spacers from skimo.co, the al05- they just got them back in stock. I haven’t got mine on yet but reviews are strong in regards to improving skiing quality.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Solid! I’m really digging my trofeo plus, and just got some freeride spacers from skimo.co, the al05- they just got them back in stock. I haven’t got mine on yet but reviews are strong in regards to improving skiing quality.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Curious if it will fit for you, tried this with maestrales and trofeo/helio 180s and was about 1 mm too close on the lowest spacer setting. I may try to mod the spacer at some point but would need to sand down the base a little or something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Curious if it will fit for you, tried this with maestrales and trofeo/helio 180s and was about 1 mm too close on the lowest spacer setting. I may try to mod the spacer at some point but would need to sand down the base a little or something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Maybe modify the boot sole? Take a couple mm off with a razor blade.

Has anyone done a release test (Vermont calibrator?) with and without freeride spacers?