Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2276
    Figured this would be the right place to ask.

I've finally got the ramp angle and forward lean dialed in and exactly the same on my touring boots and resort boots. So, I figured it might be beneficial to also have similar delta angles for all my bindings.

ATK Raider 12: +11.5mm (according to Skimo.co)
    Salomon STH2 13: +6mm

Should I worry about a difference of 5.5 millimeters? I'm not even sure which delta I would prefer over the other. I have poor ankle dorsiflexion - which I have compensated for with heel lifts on my boot boards. But I do constantly feel like I'm getting thrown backseat (could be due to my poor technique).

Also I bought the freeride spacer for the ATKs - bindings aren't even mounted yet. I say this because I'm not sure if installing the freeride spacer and possibly shimming the toes are compatible procedures.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by PeaHead96; 11-19-2022 at 02:03 PM.

The free ride spacer doesn’t change the heel height. I use the 4 mm shim under the toes of my FR’s which gives me the heel/toe drop I like. There’s no right or wrong here, just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaHead96 View Post

I've finally got the ramp angle and forward lean dialed in and exactly the same on my touring boots and resort boots. So, I figured it might be beneficial to also have similar delta angles for all my bindings.

Should I worry about a difference of 5.5 millimeters? I'm not even sure which delta I would prefer over the other. I have poor ankle dorsiflexion - which I have compensated for with heel lifts on my boot boards. But I do constantly feel like I'm getting thrown backseat (could be due to my poor technique).

Also I bought the freeride spacer for the ATKs - bindings aren't even mounted yet. I say this because I'm not sure if installing the freeride spacer and possibly shimming the toes are compatible procedures.

What do you guys think?
    I run plates under the toes. Spyderjon on here made them for me as well as providing the proper screw lenght. He has a shop in europe somewhere, pricing is good and hes great to deal with. Reach out to him and safe yourself any hassels. The guy will set you up proper

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    I run plates under the toes. Spyderjon on here made them for me as well as providing the proper screw lenght. He has a shop in europe somewhere, pricing is good and hes great to deal with. Reach out to him and safe yourself any hassels. The guy will set you up proper
    That works out perfectly because I live in Europe. I'm still kinda new on this forum, I guess I'll send the guy a message?

That works out perfectly because I live in Europe. I'm still kinda new on this forum, I guess I'll send the guy a message?
    The piste office, in the UK. Great guy.

That being said... I'm sure spyderjon is a great guy who is deserving of my money, but I just discovered that I can buy the shim in Norway. Import taxes are not fun here. I probably sound like a newbie but it's called the 'AL12'. I thought that the shim had to be homemade or something. But I appreciate the help regardless!

Don’t forget the longer screws. First I have heard of that spacer. Will need to look into it

Found the same at VPG in case you saw it more expensive.

https://www.vpg.no/atk-race/346604/a...ctpage-nosto-3

That being said... I'm sure spyderjon is a great guy who is deserving of my money, but I just discovered that I can buy the shim in Norway. Import taxes are not fun here. I probably sound like a newbie but it's called the 'AL12'. I thought that the shim had to be homemade or something. But I appreciate the help regardless!

Got it for almost half as cheap on Braasport actually.

https://braasport.no/produkter/utsty...l12/83532/al12

Quote Originally Posted by Pins and Skins View Post
    Found the same at VPG in case you saw it more expensive.

https://www.vpg.no/atk-race/346604/a...ctpage-nosto-3

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Don’t forget the longer screws. First I have heard of that spacer. Will need to look into it
    Apparently it comes with screws too.

https://www.atkbindings.com/en/prodo...r12-fr14-fr16/

What do you guys think?
    For me the boot angle in the binding was the most important thing. I could never get on with very flat marker alpinist and zero g boots.

I went to the FR14 which with the zero g gave me about the same forward lean as my alpine setup and it all came together and made switching between the two much easier.

So I’d advise tweaking it as a package.

Binding heel-toe delta (aka ramp angle) and internal heel lifts (aka boot board angle) do different things for your alignment. And yes, you can tell a difference with 5.5 mm of delta.

As someone else with poor dorsiflexion, internal heel lfits help me feel centered in my (upright and stiff) boots, and then I prefer a relatively flat heel-toe delta. A good way to test this, is to stand in your boots with your heels elevated 5mm, 10 mm, etc, and see if notice a big difference.

The big drawback of heel adjustment plates is that they add height to the heel, so you're left deciding whether you care more about heel-toe delta or total stack height. I prefer a flat binding but I also prefer lower stack height so I usually shim until there's less than 10 mm delta, ideally closer to 5mm.

CaliBrit is 100% correct that it's a package deal of forward lean, bootboard angle, and binding delta/ramp. But they all do slightly different things to your alignment so you have to figure out what works best for you in your boot.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

And to add to the above, regarding tech bindings. Heel to toe pin height difference, is not the same as alpine binding heel to toe delta.

Why not ski it and see if you feel it needs the spacer under the front? I needed it with my TLT5 boots, for sure, but it was not as big a deal with my F1 LT’s. After time, I decided I’d like to be more upright, so spyderjon hooked me up, and it was a 15 minute install.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I did some playing around with my boots and I actually think that I prefer a higher binding delta. I have long legs, and as I previously said poor dorsiflexion. I've got the new Scarpa 4-Quattro boots, which have a 5.3 degree ramp angle. So basically the stock ramp angle on the Quattros is like adding 4-5 mm heel lifts to other boots that typically feature a 4 degree ramp angle. So I feel pretty confident that my poor dorsiflexion is addressed by that. But, I did some stacking of 5,10,15 mm thick books underneath the heels of my ski boots with them buckled up, and it feels much better around 10-15 mm actually. So idk, we'll see. I'll hold off on the shims for now.

Do ATK brakes run wide like Salomon or true to size like Look?

i.e. Do I want 102 or 108 brakes on a 103 waist (kastle tx 103) ski?

They run large. 102s will easily fit a 103 waist. I even got them to fit a 108 waist without any stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Do ATK brakes run wide like Salomon or true to size like Look?

i.e. Do I want 102 or 108 brakes on a 103 waist (kastle tx 103) ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Pins and Skins View Post
    They run large. 102s will easily fit a 103 waist. I even got them to fit a 108 waist without any stretching.
    Second this. 102 fit snugly around 108mm waist, but still deploys just fine

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    And to add to the above, regarding tech bindings. Heel to toe pin height difference, is not the same as alpine binding heel to toe delta.
    And it isn’t even the same from boot to boot. A boot with a really aggressive rocker sole will sit in the binding with the toe higher than a flatter soled boot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C16F62B5-95F9-4E85-A657-66F45B8138DF.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	390.4 KB 
ID:	435932I second that. I have the 4mm free tour plate under the toes and it feel right.
    A buddy has a pair of FR12‘s he mounted on some ON3P‘s and then added the 4mm shim and he swears he can feel the difference and that he can stand a tick more upright and relaxed skiing them.

FR16‘s come it at 350g spot on. With metal free tour tow shim and freeride plate 427g.
    A few more grams for screws

Quote Originally Posted by twoturn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C16F62B5-95F9-4E85-A657-66F45B8138DF.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	390.4 KB 
ID:	435932I second that. I have the 4mm free tour plate under the toes and it feel right.
    A buddy has a pair of FR12‘s he mounted on some ON3P‘s and then added the 4mm shim and he swears he can feel the difference and that he can stand a tick more upright and relaxed skiing them.
    https://www.atkbindings.com/en/prodo...r12-fr14-fr16/

20g...

Does anyone know if the brakes are removable on the Rent Me 12? Thinking of mounting a pair on some lotus 138s and would rather not have brakes laying there flaccidly for no reason

Curious about brakes too. Will a 108 fit on my BG tours with a 116 waist? Or can can they be removed on the FR16?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As mentioned above, a few of us got 102 brakes to fit around a 108 waist. 108 fitting over a 116 might be tight (not sure about the sidecut profile of the BGTs but 116 waist may not be 116 where the brakes are). In any case, they can be removed on the FR16 and replaced with a brake cover. FWIW, it seems the brakes for the new EVO line cannot be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    Curious about brakes too. Will a 108 fit on my BG tours with a 116 waist? Or can can they be removed on the FR16?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums