Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2312
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Kuluar looks money! Looks to be a replacement for the Crest 10/12 as it does everything the Crest does but lighter.

Brakeless version with 12 release is 200g. Definitely giving them a hard look for my next pair.
    It loses the adjustable vertical release of the Crest so doesn't quite do everything the Crest does.
    Possibly more comparable to a braked Trofeo Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Our current stock of ATK bindings came through BD, but they seem a bit uncertain of how they should promote the brand in the US (similar to Pieps). The 21-22 dealer catalog shows only Helio-branded bindings (but all the Pieps products), and the website shows the Helio lineup plus the Crest 10.
    Will Evo be stocking the ATK Raider 10 this coming season?

Warrantied my sticky Helio 180s and swapped for Crests. At first glance, they seem like a better fit for my uses.

Great info in this thread. I've read most but still not 100% clear on the mounting pattern for say the current R12 and FR14. Can someone tell me which is current from below? I'm guessing the last one? (Sidenote, the second one for FR14 2.0 looks like 8 holes for the toe?)
    Trying to figure out if I can work one of these into my quiver, but would need to work the inserts around existing holes.
    Thx!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r12.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	382743

Name:	r12 2,0.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	382744

Name:	fr14 2,0.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	382745

Name:	r12 2020 new pattern.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	382746
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xfreetour 2020.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	382747  

New toe-mounted brake for C12 Pro:
    https://www.facebook.com/NERandoRace...0410900000105/
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Ah, so a Hagan C12 pro is an ATK front 12.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 4.44.05 PM.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	382795
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    It may be time to kill that spreadsheet I mapped out in post #1. Attempting to cross reference the evolution of their products (model renaming, changes, and permutations) may have to wait until we have quantum computers ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Great info in this thread. I've read most but still not 100% clear on the mounting pattern for say the current R12 and FR14. Can someone tell me which is current from below? I'm guessing the last one? (Sidenote, the second one for FR14 2.0 looks like 8 holes for the toe?)
    Trying to figure out if I can work one of these into my quiver, but would need to work the inserts around existing holes.
    Thx!
    While ATK is to be applauded for providing templates, they're about as Byzantine as their product line designations. I'd print all of them (to scale) and see which one matches your bindings (and do several test mounts).

Note, that at least as of 18 months ago, there was no template for my RT10s.

After experimentation, I learned that the mount was a combination of two different models. I can't remember which at the moment, but I think the heel pattern matched the Crest.

Or ... there's the tried and true @xxx-er method of using the binding as a jig/template

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-19-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

On slow phone internet so poor search if already posted. I have a pair of fr14 the ones with the rear brake and front hardness selector. I measure the binding holes at 45w 44L for toe and 45w 60L for the heel in mm. Eyeballing hole center so possibly off. Anyone else have measurements?

^^^Thank you both, I think cat's dimensions are correct. And unfortunately they're prob not gonna work around the holes of my existing dynas. So I'll look at this again in a year or two, and will need to re-update myself on 1-2+ years worth of further permutations! Will work atk's into the quiver at some point though

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    ^^^Thank you both, I think cat's dimensions are correct. And unfortunately they're prob not gonna work around the holes of my existing dynas. So I'll look at this again in a year or two, and will need to re-update myself on 1-2+ years worth of further permutations! Will work atk's into the quiver at some point though
    Using ATK bindings as a jig worked for me perfectly several times. Just measure the center of the ski correctly, start with the toe - lock your boot, place boot center mark on the boot according to the mount you want on the ski, then drill through the screw holes on the toe with the smaller drill bit. No hurry and you'll be good to go. Then re-drill with the 3.6 bit or whatever required for the ski. Once toe is mounted, lock the boot, place and align the heel piece. Can drill the same way as with toes

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    On slow phone internet so poor search if already posted. I have a pair of fr14 the ones with the rear brake and front hardness selector. I measure the binding holes at 45w 44L for toe and 45w 60L for the heel in mm. Eyeballing hole center so possibly off. Anyone else have measurements?
    Skimo Co agrees with you for a similar model:
    https://skimo.co/tech-binding-hole-patterns
    ATK R12 (2019) 45 x 44 45 x 60
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

No direct answer for you, (but Jonathan has you covered).

Here's a quick tip for measuring with your dial caliper:

Measure the distance to the outside edges of two holes (not center to center), measure the diameter of one hole, and subtract one hole diameter from the distance you measured in the first step.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-26-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    Galibier Design

Good tip. I was lining the marks up on dead center tops of holes. Your way sounds much easier

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    Will Evo be stocking the ATK Raider 10 this coming season?
    I don't think so. Freeraider 16 is on order, though.

Good tip. I was lining the marks up on dead center tops of holes. Your way sounds much easier
    We can thank my machinist for pointing out the obvious ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Shots fired in the ATK whitelabeling wars

If you are considering the Black Diamond Helio 350 version - why? 1. The BD Helio 350 is not the same. It does not have the new toe with improved step in, springless design, uphill retention adjustment, snow block system and lighter weight. 2. Despite the BD version being inferior, they charge more! 3. BD is a big, impersonal company. Shop small and get better customer service.

https://www.haganskimountaineering.c...ouring-binding

Edit: Woops I posted wrong information sorry.

Anyways, very happy to see all of the ATK availability in the US! Personally, I'm only using ATK Trofeos, maybe for my pow skis. Still TBD. I'm exploring Trab bindings this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    It may be time to kill that spreadsheet I mapped out in post #1. Attempting to cross reference the evolution of their products (model renaming, changes, and permutations) may have to wait until we have quantum computers ;-)

While ATK is to be applauded for providing templates, they're about as Byzantine as their product line designations. I'd print all of them (to scale) and see which one matches your bindings (and do several test mounts).

Note, that at least as of 18 months ago, there was no template for my RT10s.

After experimentation, I learned that the mount was a combination of two different models. I can't remember which at the moment, but I think the heel pattern matched the Crest.

Or ... there's the tried and true @xxx-er method of using the binding as a jig/template

... Thom
    Got tired of dealing with these issues and bought an R07 this summer from Hagan. Should arrive by early Nov. If anyone wants a mount in SF or wants to borrow the jig lmk.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Got tired of dealing with these issues and bought an R07 this summer from Hagan. Should arrive by early Nov. If anyone wants a mount in SF or wants to borrow the jig lmk.
    Oo, might need to take you up on that some time this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Shots fired in the ATK whitelabeling wars

If you are considering the Black Diamond Helio 350 version - why? 1. The BD Helio 350 is not the same. It does not have the new toe with improved step in, springless design, uphill retention adjustment, snow block system and lighter weight. 2. Despite the BD version being inferior, they charge more! 3. BD is a big, impersonal company. Shop small and get better customer service.

https://www.haganskimountaineering.c...ouring-binding
    Reason 1. BD has pro form.
    Reason 2. Hagan does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Same deal goes for SLC based mags who want the jig

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

While we're talking jigs, anybody in Seattle have one that I could use for one mount? Will gladly provide beverages.

Looked at Black Diamonds site and a little confused by their product line. They are now stocking a variety of atk bindings. They list the raider 12 as lighter than the Helio350 when it has a heavier toe. Both are the same price while the raider 12 toe has some apparent advantages, same heel, but wider toe mount pattern, adjustable toe clamping hardness and snow/ice exclusion. Seems strange and why are they not selling the heel stomp pad? Is it fear it will not be adjusted properly leading to injury and bad press?

I'd guess it has to do with the fact that ATK now can be distributed anywhere and not under BD or Hagan. Also I'd guess they aren't carrying the stomp pad due to ATK being their lightweight options and the Tecton/Vipec being the burlier, damper option for their assortment.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I'm getting a new set of ATK's for my new ON3P Woodsman 110's, should I go with 108 or 120 brakes? The 102 brakes I have are pretty narrow but they look pretty easy to bend if necessary