Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2308
    Looks great

So I ended up purchasing an ATK AL07 spacer to use with Marker Alpinist. I elected to shim the heel and I should have enough space below my boot. The spacers came with a fine thread small button head machine screw with one attachment hole. I am assuming I substitute a wood screw in the longest length that will fit the hole. I was expecting two holes as it would seem the spacer could pivot on one. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    So I ended up purchasing an ATK AL07 spacer to use with Marker Alpinist. I elected to shim the heel and I should have enough space below my boot. The spacers came with a fine thread small button head machine screw with one attachment hole. I am assuming I substitute a wood screw in the longest length that will fit the hole. I was expecting two holes as it would seem the spacer could pivot on one. Am I missing something here?
    Slide it open, take the two screws out that join the two stepped pieces, and you'll see the two mounting holes through the bottom piece only.

I think the machine screw is to attach it to one of the adjustment plates.

Thanks, I was assuming that I was missing something

Thanks Norseman! I’ve been using them for two seasons mounted through the single hole plus some
    Epoxy. No problems so far but your way sounds better and I can’t imagine how I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Thanks Norseman! I’ve been using them for two seasons mounted through the single hole plus some
    Epoxy. No problems so far but your way sounds better and I can’t imagine how I missed it.

Probably because there are literally no instructions and the only reason I know is some random video I saw. Also the AL07 only comes with a machine screw.

The AL05 at least has the wood screws too so there is a clue.

Messing about with getting the al05 to work with teh haute route/trofeo series bindings. obvious answer is to mill down the a05, but shimming was easier this time around. Cut some .6mm al5052 so I could mount the al05 to various inserted skis and VHBed the spacer to the al shim, looks like itll work pretty well. Shims + freeride spacer + hardware is only like 70g more per ski, so total weight still is ~250g per binding.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230515_204605879.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	770.4 KB 
ID:	459079

Name:	PXL_20230515_205229095.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	876.0 KB 
ID:	459080

Name:	PXL_20230515_205541706.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	964.4 KB 
ID:	459081

Name:	PXL_20230515_205606714.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	459082
    Last edited by Westcoaster; 05-15-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Messing about with getting the al05 to work with teh haute route/trofeo series bindings. obvious answer is to mill down the a05, but shimming was easier this time around. Cut some .6mm al5052 so I could mount the al05 to various inserted skis. VHBed the spacer to the al shim, looks like itll work pretty well. Shims + freeride spacer + hardware is only like 70g more per ski, so total weight still is ~250g per binding.
    Looks great! I was gonna ask why not just VHB directly to the ski if you don't want to drill, but then I saw you said you were swapping the binding around to different skis.
    I would be tempted to do similar, but I doubt I would notice the difference on my skinnier skis that have HRs on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    Looks great! I was gonna ask why not just VHB directly to the ski if you don't want to drill, but then I saw you said you were swapping the binding around to different skis.
    I would be tempted to do similar, but I doubt I would notice the difference on my skinnier skis that have HRs on them.
    Yeah i have no idea if ill be able to tell the difference. I figured this was a low impact way to answer that question; ive got the same pattern on some 112 waisted skis where i imagine the fr spacer would be more advantageous. Obvious downsides of this current config is worse flat skinning mode and having to shim the toe even higher to get a flatter stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Yeah i have no idea if ill be able to tell the difference. I figured this was a low impact way to answer that question; ive got the same pattern on some 112 waisted skis where i imagine the fr spacer would be more advantageous. Obvious downsides of this current config is worse flat skinning mode and having to shim the toe even higher to get a flatter stance.
    Is there noticeable movement in flat mode when your heel hits the spacer?

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post
    Is there noticeable movement in flat mode when your heel hits the spacer?

Not really, just gotta make sure you lock your toes.

Does anyone know which (if any) free-rider spacer works stock with the c-raider? I'm hoping the AL09 does. AL13 does not for sure.

If anyone was curious about bending brakes, I was able to bend the 120mm FR15 evo brakes to fit C132s quite easily using the old ski pole and vice method, with the brakes disassembled. Just like the good ol' 75mm pivot/fks days.

The AL09 should as I believe it’s just the base of the toe that is different on the c raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    The AL09 should as I believe it’s just the base of the toe that is different on the c raiders.
    Of course, thanks...shoulda known that.
    Last edited by indyjones; 05-17-2023 at 04:28 PM.

can somebody school me on ATK mount patters? Unfortunately, I lost my skis with my beloved ATK Freerider 14 2.0 bindings in the avalanche, but I still have 2 other pairs mounted with inserts that I really wanna use. So, do any of ATK binders have same old mount pattern as Freerider 14 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    can somebody school me on ATK mount patters? Unfortunately, I lost my skis with my beloved ATK Freerider 14 2.0 bindings in the avalanche, but I still have 2 other pairs mounted with inserts that I really wanna use. So, do any of ATK binders have same old mount pattern as Freerider 14 2.0?
    From skimoco it looks like the hole pattern is unchanged from the old ones to new

Name:	IMG_5691.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	393.9 KB 
ID:	460830

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post
    From skimoco it looks like the hole pattern is unchanged from the old ones to new

Thanks for linking! apparently my bindings are older and not on the list, I measured mount holes at 30x27 in the toe, 45x60 on the heel.

I think the BD Helio 350 bindings fit that mount pattern

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    I compiled this when making the ATK Freetour/Raider layout tool:

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but does anyone know if the AL07 heel spacer fits the C-Raider 12?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but does anyone know if the AL07 heel spacer fits the C-Raider 12?
    You need the AL09 Freeride Spacer for all the (non-Evo) Raider models and it hooks under the heel base. The AL07 screws to the ski and is designed for tech heels without brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    You need the AL09 Freeride Spacer for all the (non-Evo) Raider models and it hooks under the heel base. The AL07 screws to the ski and is designed for tech heels without brakes.
    Thank you Spyderjon!

What are most of the ladies on when it comes to raiders? Raider 11 or 13?

Picked up a pair of Bella tours for the wife and after my experience with raiders I’m sold on them for touring binders.

She’s and aggressive skier and they’re 108 powder skis.

I’m thinking the raider 11s are the call but wanted to hear the feedback from this group first.

Quote Originally Posted by awh311 View Post
    What are most of the ladies on when it comes to raiders? Raider 11 or 13?

Picked up a pair of Bella tours for the wife and after my experience with raiders I’m sold on them for touring binders.

She’s and aggressive skier and they’re 108 powder skis.

I’m thinking the raider 11s are the call but wanted to hear the feedback from this group first.
    All the Raider 11, 13 & 15 Evo models are identical apart from their din ranges. The biggest difference is whether they're used with the AL13 Evo Freeride Spacer Kit, which is a must IMO irrespective of the chosen model. The FR Spacer Kit is included with the Evo 15 model but is available as an extra for the Evo 11 & 13.