Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2276
    Looks like the "adjustment" is simply for clamping force, not an actual lateral release like on vipec/techton. Still a useful step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Looks like the "adjustment" is simply for clamping force, not an actual lateral release like on vipec/techton. Still a useful step forward.
    Nope, it's the current Raider 12/14/16 toes that have the adjustable clamping force in skinning mode only. The additional new model Raider Evo 11/13/15 have an adjustable release toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Nope, it's the current Raider 12/14/16 toes that have the adjustable clamping force in skinning mode only. The additional new model Raider Evo 11/13/15 have an adjustable release toe.
    Wait, I want to confirm this because you know way more than me about these. Are you saying that the toe of these new clamps actually release in the lateral plane like a Vipec, Shift, or alpine clamp? If so that would be YUOOOOGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Wait, I want to confirm this because you know way more than me about these. Are you saying that the toe of these new clamps actually release in the lateral plane like a Vipec, Shift, or alpine clamp? If so that would be YUOOOOGE.
    Definitely not. Just adjustable spring preload on the toe jaws.

I wanna know how the new evo auto-brake works.

PSA: BD has Crests in most common TGR brake sizes for $299 on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    The marketing stuff from ATK is being released mid next week so I'll have all the info then plus I'll have a set of Evo bindings to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Rotate the tower either direction and step down on the brake.

I have settled on the Haute Route/Helio 200 as my next binding, but still wonder about the single spring on the Monolink toe wings from an elasticity and release point on view (I recently tore my ACL in a fall where my Solly MTN bindings did not release, call me paranoid).

I came across this review by Barton P on ExpertVoice: "I used these bindings for two seasons without incident and thought I had the release settings dialed. Unfortunately a toe pre-released while cranking high speed turns in an open bowl, resulting in a bad crash in remote conditions. The design eliminates springs on the left side of the toe piece in order to save grams and simplify the mechanism, which means zero elasticity on that side. In my case that resulted in a fractured femur, helicopter evac and titanium hip replacement. Would recommend a beefier tech binding for fast skiing."

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    I have settled on the Haute Route/Helio 200 as my next binding, but still wonder about the single spring on the Monolink toe wings from an elasticity and release point on view (I recently tore my ACL in a fall where my Solly MTN bindings did not release, call me paranoid).

I came across this review by Barton P on ExpertVoice: "I used these bindings for two seasons without incident and thought I had the release settings dialed. Unfortunately a toe pre-released while cranking high speed turns in an open bowl, resulting in a bad crash in remote conditions. The design eliminates springs on the left side of the toe piece in order to save grams and simplify the mechanism, which means zero elasticity on that side. In my case that resulted in a fractured femur, helicopter evac and titanium hip replacement. Would recommend a beefier tech binding for fast skiing."

Thoughts?
    My understanding is that the release characteristics are symmetrical despite the asymmetrical design, and some unreliability in high speed skiing is inherent for any traditional tech binding

Definitely symmetrical toe pin pressure; and if you want elasticity, then light tech bindings aren’t the product you need.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Official ATK Binding Thread

Everybody: Tech binders don’t have elasticity and consistent toe release!

B: Imma ski them anyway!
    (Gets a tib fib)

Name:  IMG_4179.JPG
Views: 1380
Size:  37.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Everybody: Tech binders don’t have elasticity and consistent toe release!

B: Imma ski them anyway!
    (Gets a tib fib)

Name:  IMG_4179.JPG
Views: 1380
Size:  37.8 KB
    Perfect.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Definitely symmetrical toe pin pressure; and if you want elasticity, then light tech bindings aren’t the product you need.

Not that I doubted it, but I just checked my Haute Routes (Helio 200) and yes, both toe pins move symmetrically.

If this binder had a second flippy, it would be my perfect binding. I can deal with the single flippy, although I have limited dorsiflection in my right ankle due to a break.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    So will the Moment Voyager evolve into this new model eventually? Took me a minute to get familiar with the push button brake but I don't mind it now.

PSA - ATK Universal Freeride Spacer 20% at BD now:

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...eeride-spacer/

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Rotate it how far? I'm a little confused because aren't you supposed to be able to use some of the risers when the heel is in the "ski" position?

Does anyone know if you can use the brake from a Helio 200 on a raider 12. From pictures the brake looks the same plus a plate. So unsure if it can be broken down and use the brake separate from the plate. Tried a search, but didn’t see an answer

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use the brake from a Helio 200 on a raider 12. From pictures the brake looks the same plus a plate. So unsure if it can be broken down and use the brake separate from the plate. Tried a search, but didn’t see an answer
    I didn't think the Helio 200 had a brake? https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...o-200-binding/

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I didn't think the Helio 200 had a brake? https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...o-200-binding/
    I never saw a brake option for the Helio 200 (Haute Route) either. My Helio 200 from 3 or 4 years ago certainly didn't have a brake option.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I was guessing at the model. Guess wrong eh. The brakes are at the front of a track the heel attaches to. The brakes look the same in pictures as the raider brakes just with a mounting plate

Name:  976118BE-C747-477F-B1F0-1EA624189BBB.jpeg
Views: 1106
Size:  119.0 KB

Release value adjustment

Hello guys, I'm new here. Planning to get the ATK raider bindings next season but have question on how you settle on which release value to use?
    From your experience, how does the release value relates to downhill DIN numbers? Eg DIN setting you used for downhill bindings vs release value for the ATK

I've only used a shift and mtn bindings so far which have quite straightforward way of deciding.

cat in january, yep, they're the standard Raider/C-Raider/Freeraider brakes. Note that the brakes for the new Raider Evo model for 22/23 are different.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinLeafweaver View Post
    Hello guys, I'm new here. Planning to get the ATK raider bindings next season but have question on how you settle on which release value to use?
    From your experience, how does the release value relates to downhill DIN numbers? Eg DIN setting you used for downhill bindings vs release value for the ATK

I've only used a shift and mtn bindings so far which have quite straightforward way of deciding.
    Justin, I generally land pretty close to my DIN numbers; just keep in mind that tech binders don’t have the elasticity and release characteristics that DIN binders do, and touring encourages more conservative choices for self preservation. I’m an 8 on DIN, same for tech.

Gravity always wins...

Hi All - mounting up a designated pair of touring skis this year (114 waist, 188 Length).
    Coming from Hojis with Shifts.

I can't discount all the positive reviews on ATK bindings and just how light they are. I am 6 Ft, 92KG so weight isn't the number one requirement for me, but ATK sure do look great on paper. One thing I'm still trying to get my head around is lateral release on the toe. Originally, I was only considering a pair of Dynafit Rotation 14s, but all research indicates the ATKs ski vastly better with some level of elasticity.

Can someone help me understand the safety and knee safety particularly between the ATK FR14/FR16 and something like the Dynafit Rotation 14?