Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2308
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im gonna git a pair of voyagers
    whether the uno dork posts about em or doesnt or signs his posts like their a fuckin letter or anybody care wtf his name is
    got a jig that works with them ya wanna sell too?
    Just not in the habit of hiding behind a screen name ;-)
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    ATK Kuluar just dropped: https://prime-skiing.de/atk-bindings...2022-pid55993/

Looks like they took the Crest and swapped out the heelpiece for a U-spring with adjustable lateral release, keeping the 10mm elasticity and brake compatibility. Weighs 200g without the brake, ~30g lighter than the Crest.

And some new info on the Freeraider 16: https://prime-skiing.de/atk-bindings...2022-pid55981/

It comes with their new 4mm Raider toe shim and the Freeride spacer stock. The engineers at ATK must have consulted with the genius minds over at Moment to figure out how to raise the toe piece by a few mm, because when you look at how they talk about the Voyager you'd think it was rocket science..
    New crampon attachment too.

The churn continues, honestly bewildering and impressive at this point. SKU hell.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Just not in the habit of hiding behind a screen name ;-)
    um yeah i spend everyday hiding on the bluescreen
    ive never skied fish partied or worked on anyone heres gear
    but yeah dibs is hiding behind sfb &
    will be stoked to not see you at soli season ending sunday tomarrow
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Backpart of my binding twists when I do uphill traverse!

I got a problem with my new ATK Raider 12 2.0. The problem is when I do uphill traverse with "heel lifter", the backpart twists around. I have been to 3 different places here in my city and all of them say that it's assemble correctly.
    The Skies I have is: Armada ARV 116 JJ UL.
    Shoes I use: Dynafit zzero4 U-FT
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by m5cf66; 04-26-2021 at 05:31 AM.

I recently mounted some Crest 10s on my main touring rig. The mounting templates provided by ATK worked well and were accurate. Initial skiing/touring impressions after a day at the hill and a couple tours are very good. The bindings feel solid on the way down and tour very well. I am looking forward to putting more days on these and will report back with any notable findings.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    What benefits are you talking about?
    Sorry, just seeing this.

-Voyagers are lighter
    -Toes are much easier to get into/out of
    -Heel risers are easier to flip with a pole
    -Less slop in the toe when side-hilling in firm conditions
    -Longer range of adjustability than the Vipecs (I can swap skis with more friends)
    -I like how they feel skiing hardback/inbounds better than I liked the feel of the Vipecs. That's a super personal preference, but there ya go.
    -The brakes work better, I had a lot of issues with Vipec brakes sticking and not popping all the way down when I came out of the binding. These have never let me down.
    -I've experienced less icing with the Voyagers.
    -I can check all my binding screws without having to move the heel piece.

It's a bunch of small details that added up over the course of the season and now I'll be hard pressed to buy anything else.

What's the deal with the awl on toe pins that clears snow when you swing the ski back and forth? Some people I talk to obsess over it, but I've never had a problem with my Trofeos, which do not have the awl/cut-out.

Overblown?

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sorry, just seeing this.

-Voyagers are lighter
    -Longer range of adjustability than the Vipecs (I can swap skis with more friends)
    -I like how they feel skiing hardback/inbounds better than I liked the feel of the Vipecs. That's a super personal preference, but there ya go.
    -The brakes work better, I had a lot of issues with Vipec brakes sticking and not popping all the way down when I came out of the binding. These have never let me down.

It's a bunch of small details that added up over the course of the season and now I'll be hard pressed to buy anything else.
    As someone who switched from the vipecs to helio 350s this season I also agree with everything here, except the skiing inbounds better which I have no experience with the helios yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Since it was asked before : The ATK rear stoppers fits about 2mm more without bending.
    The 97mm stoppers fits my 99mm skis without bending, the 108mm stoppers had to be bent a bit to fit my 112mm skis.
    This is about the same for the front stoppers, the 108mm stoppers fitted my 109mm skis tightly without bending.

Here is my current touring quiver with 2 pairs of R12 :-)

Just wondering if these were remounted with the R12 from another binding and if so, from what binding. I have the same vintage Katanas and Mantras mounted with Kingpins and am looking at mounting with R12's wondering if there is any hole conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by m5cf66 View Post
    I got a problem with my new ATK Raider 12 2.0. The problem is when I do uphill traverse with "heel lifter", the backpart twists around. I have been to 3 different places here in my city and all of them say that it's assemble correctly.
    The Skies I have is: Armada ARV 116 JJ UL.
    Shoes I use: Dynafit zzero4 U-FT
    Any suggestions?
    I just thought I’d reply. I’ve got a gazillion miles on the same binding and it’s never even sort of done that. Does it do it from both positions, (with the pins facing forward and backward)? Lots of friends used to have that problem w/ one of the old Dynafits when snow would stick to the bottom of the boot and hit a small angled ramp on the binding, but ATK is symmetrical, so maybe check the boot to pin alignment, or check the bottom of the boot in the rear.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I just thought I’d reply. I’ve got a gazillion miles on the same binding and it’s never even sort of done that. Does it do it from both positions, (with the pins facing forward and backward)? Lots of friends used to have that problem w/ one of the old Dynafits when snow would stick to the bottom of the boot and hit a small angled ramp on the binding, but ATK is symmetrical, so maybe check the boot to pin alignment, or check the bottom of the boot in the rear.
    My Crests have this problem, it only happens when using the "high" riser with the pins facing backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sorry, just seeing this.

-Voyagers are lighter

Nice breakdown.

I've skiied the Vipec for 6 seasons now, on a few different pairs of skis (DWT and Exit World). Been super happy with it as a mainly touring focused binding with occasional forays into the resort.

Probably going to pick up a pair of FR14's on late season sale.

Any reason not to make the swap from Fritschi to ATK? Is the main draw of the Vipec now it's safety characteristics (and possibly it's ease of use/ability to switch to tour without removing boot)? Is the consensus that the Vipec is a safer binding than the ATK FR14?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeaner14 View Post
    Nice breakdown.

I've skiied the Vipec for 6 seasons now, on a few different pairs of skis (DWT and Exit World). Been super happy with it as a mainly touring focused binding with occasional forays into the resort.

Probably going to pick up a pair of FR14's on late season sale.

Any reason not to make the swap from Fritschi to ATK? Is the main draw of the Vipec now it's safety characteristics (and possibly it's ease of use/ability to switch to tour without removing boot)? Is the consensus that the Vipec is a safer binding than the ATK FR14?

TIA!
    It's been discussed hundreds of times in countless threads.

Lateral release at the heel is biased toward ACL protection, and lateral toe release is biased toward protecting tib/fib.

It's not so much of a brand thing as one of architecture.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    Just wondering if these were remounted with the R12 from another binding and if so, from what binding. I have the same vintage Katanas and Mantras mounted with Kingpins and am looking at mounting with R12's wondering if there is any hole conflict.
    They’re were brand new so I don’t know regarding hole conflicts ...

Quote Originally Posted by chill winston View Post
    pics of the brake issue. First is the way it should look. Second is after icing up and now no bueno. Need to remove brake and try to finesse any bends in the brake bar I think.

Attachment 368682
    Attachment 368683
    Exactly this happened to me yesterday on a surprise pow day which included multiple laps. I must have stepped down on the brake in ski mode with ice stuck in between. Couldn't get the brake to latch. Luckily I had a Voile strap that saved me the annoyance of touring with the brake deployed.

Easy fix once at home though. Just opened the three torx screws, took the brake off and bent it back. Does not take a lot of force of bend these...

As much as I like these bindings, the brakes are not their strongest suit.

Official ATK Binding Thread

Really frustrated with my Crest 10s.

I’ve been able to ski everything from shark fin ice to airing pow landings and they’ve worked great.

This weekend though I was on a tour and making a turn on hard compact snow when it suddenly turned to ice. I put a little extra English on the edge to gain control from the sliding action on the new icy surface and the entire ski just popped off. It didn’t feel like a pre-release issue from pressure at the heel (skis are Deathwish Tours that feel very stiff to me and shouldn’t have put too much pressure on the toe), it felt like the torque from the turn of my 112-waist skis just wrenched the toe piece off.

Ok. Maybe I was just skiing the toe a little too hard. Put the ski back on after arresting my slide.

Got a ways down the slope and took a couple turns on a 45ish degree slope.

Downhill ski pops off again in the same fashion. I transfer weight to my other ski to try to stay upright, it also pops off. Now I’m sliding down an ice slope toward a rock outcropping. Wtf.

I skied the rest of the day with toes locked. Both failures just felt like the ski torqued the bindings out of the boots.

There were no toe icing issues at the time. My binding pins and boots appear to be in good condition. Heel gap is set perfectly per the ATK guide that came with the bindings. Rearward spring of the heel piece seems to work fine.

Any ideas? I’m only 200 pounds and skiing 184 touring skis. I’m not going Mach and tend to ski slow and conservative in the BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

I’ve been able to ski everything from shark fin ice to airing pow landings and they’ve worked great.

This weekend though I was on a tour and making a turn on hard compact snow when it suddenly turned to ice. I put a little extra English on the edge to gain control from the sliding action on the new icy surface and the entire ski just popped off. It didn’t feel like a pre-release issue from pressure at the heel (skis are Deathwish Tours that feel very stiff to me and shouldn’t have put too much pressure on the toe), it felt like the torque from the turn of my 112-waist skis just wrenched the toe piece off.

Ok. Maybe I was just skiing the toe a little too hard. Put the ski back on after arresting my slide.

Downhill ski pops off again in the same fashion. I transfer weight to my other ski to try to stay upright, it also pops off. Now I’m sliding down an ice slope toward a rock outcropping. Wtf.

I skied the rest of the day with toes locked. Both failures just felt like the ski torqued the bindings out of the boots.

There were no toe icing issues at the time. My binding pins and boots appear to be in good condition. Heel gap is set perfectly per the ATK guide that came with the bindings. Rearward spring of the heel piece seems to work fine.

Any ideas? I’m only 200 pounds and skiing 184 touring skis. I’m not going Mach and tend to ski slow and conservative in the BC.
    200lb and 112mm 184 skis is prob your answer.

You could try scooting your heelpiece forward by a mm. I measured the plastic spacer that comes with the Crests and it's 5mm thick, and the directions specify a 4mm gap at the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    200lb and 112mm 184 skis is prob your answer.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This.
    Lotta big boyz on TGR.

Something doesn't make sense. It surely sucks to walk out of your skis in consequential terrain.

I wonder if these Clydesdales have experience on Comforts or Verticals to compare against. Does their expectation come from skiing Pivots or something similar?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Waiting for XXX-er to chime in here..

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

New toe mounting pattern for Freeraider 14, C-Raider 12, Raider 12, Raider 10 Release 10, Front 10 & Candy 5 bindings

ATK have just advised me that they have a patent issue with their current binding mounting pattern in the above models so are having to change it. The new toe patterns for these bindings will see the front toe hole locations narrowing from 45mm centres to 30mm centres. The rear toe holes and the heel holes are unchanged. This means that the new toes will use the P1-P1-H1-H1 locations on the M06 jig. The new models will have an X prefix on the model number to identify them plus a large warning sticker on the box. Anyone that has an M07 jig won't have these new holes so they can return their jig to their distributor and exchange it for the latest M06 jig for only a small upcharge charge.

However, it's unlikely that any of these new pattern bindings will be available before the 21/22 season so there's no need to panic!!
    To be honest it'd be better if they'd not said anything until the end of the season as it'll only cause confusion.
    ATK have just confirmed that the patent issue regarding their binding mount locations has now been resolved and that that, will the exception of one model, all of the other bindings listed above will remained unchanged for 21/22.

The exception is the C-Raider 12 as the carbon base for the toe binding is outsourced and they'd had to commit to the change some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    ATK have just confirmed that the patent issue regarding their binding mount locations has now been resolved and that that, will the exception of one model, all of the other bindings listed above will remained unchanged for 21/22.

The exception is the C-Raider 12 as the carbon base for the toe binding is outsourced and they'd had to commit to the change some time ago.
    jfc

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

Had a similar problem with Dynafit Radicals a few years ago mounted on Wailer 112’s. They kept releasing on icy surfaces, but only on the left boot. Didn’t matter which ski was on the left. Then it happened with another pair of skis always on the left, regardless of which ski it was. I began to suspect my boots, Dynafit Titans, and got new sole blocks under warranty and then replaced the boots when it kept happening on on the left side.

The problem continued with new boots, so I consulted a ski tech who asked me what DIN I was set at. I told him 8 so he suggested I try 9. I did and the problem was solved. I felt like an idiot, but it threw me that it was only left side. Most of us don’t ski symmetrically and I must have been pressuring or angulating my left side differently. The fact that it is your downhill ski, which takes the highest turn pressure, leads me to think you need to set a higher DIN, not ski with locked toes. Of course, if you’re maxed out on the Crest, you’re out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    What's the deal with the awl on toe pins that clears snow when you swing the ski back and forth? Some people I talk to obsess over it, but I've never had a problem with my Trofeos, which do not have the awl/cut-out.

Overblown?
    there are clearing slots on the pins of some brands of Tech bindings at 9 and 3 o'clock so you can't see them from above which is why most people don't know or care if they have them, my fleet is all Dynafitt and I believe all dynafit have the slots,

I have seen people with > 20 yrs experiance of skiing who have never have a problem with toe socket icing suddenly experiencing toe socket icing, its only a problem if you have a probelm but you won't know till your ski falls off

so I step in the toe swing the foot back and forth 3 times before stomping down the heel, the slots auger out the pin, i do this always and i have never had release due to ice or snow in the pin holes holes, some people use a sharp object to clear the ice , some people just lock the toe out and/ or turn up the retention

I also click the toe wings back and forth to clear the smoo from under the springs everytime, again its only a problem if its a problem which I don't know until the ski falls off so I add these 2 steps to my get ready to ski ritual at the top but you need to do it every time
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-17-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know