Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I've got jigs for the fr14, cad models 3d printed from the paper templates.

Just working on making them compatible with a center punch instead of the drill and cheaper to print. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

about wide toe mount pattern for FR14 2.0 (with toe brakes). It has 2 possible mounts (wide and narrow), you can possibly drill 8 holes for each toe. Last year when I was mounting FR14 to my Moment Wildcat Tours 108 and wanted to use wider mount. I contacted Moment regarding mount. Apparently, it's almost 60mm (if I recall correctly) between toe screws. Guys from Moment told me that I'm on the edge of ash and pawlonia in the core (middle core is stiffer and heavier ash, sides are lighter pawlonia), and I actually felt that while drilling. 100% you will pull bindings out of pawlonia, because it's density is very low. Had to drill the inner section also to secure the mount. So, be careful with using this wide mount patters in superlight skis.

I know you're talking about the old FR14 - but since its somewhat topical - The new FR14 is 45mm between screws laterally.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATK FR14  2020 dimensioned Template.png 
Views:	525 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	319843

Searching for the 2020 model R 12 factory supplied brake pad I'm missing, I followed a lead and discovered an "optional" to the R 12 stomp pad. It's included with the current R 14's, not so the R 12. It slides side to side and creates a better boot to ski interface, way better than the original 2mm extension. Guess the R 12 didn't deserve this nice feature but in a way, happy to upgrade out of necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    Searching for the 2020 model R 12 factory supplied brake pad I'm missing, I followed a lead and discovered an "optional" to the R 12 stomp pad. It's included with the current R 14's, not so the R 12. It slides side to side and creates a better boot to ski interface, way better than the original 2mm extension. Guess the R 12 didn't deserve this nice feature but in a way, happy to upgrade out of necessity.
    Thats the freeride spacer, and its basically the only difference between the 2 models (and the higher RV range)

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
    Thats the freeride spacer, and its basically the only difference between the 2 models (and the higher RV range)
    Yup. Not really sure why anyone would buy the R12 unless you are being cheap. You can mount the FR14 without the freeride spacer too for reference.

It's $80 here

Cool. It's a nice improvement and on wider waist ski's, I'd expect slightly better ski feel. Telemark Pyrenee's site no longer has them so pretty happy I jumped on a pair. I could have gone FR 14's for a little more $ but a DIN starting at 8 exceeds what my 150# frame would tolerate in a worst case fuggup. For a lot of folks, no brainer, FR 14's.

Yep, DIN starting at 8 is too much for me too.

Telemark Pyrenee's site no longer has them so pretty happy I jumped on a pair. [snip] For a lot of folks, no brainer, FR 14's.
    Why do you say TP no longer has them? I looked just now, and they have *some* R12's, but you have to settle for the 108mm brakes. They also have FR 14's, and with a larger selection for brake width.

cheers,
    john

I was referring to the heel piece (freeride) spacers, not the bindings.

Does the spring tension in the toe piece change between the r12 and fr14?

Anyone know if the brakes are removable from new ATK R12s?

Currently on the Helio 200s but have have the release values maxxed out. In a perfect world I'd have the same binding with a RV of 12.

I’m not sure but they’re removable on last year Raider 2.0. 12 (front stoppers)

Quote Originally Posted by kylesw View Post
    Anyone know if the brakes are removable from new ATK R12s?

Currently on the Helio 200s but have have the release values maxxed out. In a perfect world I'd have the same binding with a RV of 12.
    Yes brakes are removable. Here they are removed on my FR14 (with freeride spacer installed).

Was super easy to remove brakes and just required a small torx bit (can’t remember what size). 3 screws per brake - you can only remove them when the brakes are in the stowed position otherwise it’s hard to reach the middle screw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0348.JPG 
Views:	924 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	320776

You can remove the spring and latch assembly with the brake as well, I just photographed it like this so I'd remember how to reassemble when/if I reinstall. Careful not to lose that little spring for the button as it has a tendency to shoot out.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

They look like they're removable with three small torx head screws. 1.5, maybe 2mm max. I haven't tried this but appears to be pretty simple. The rear brake is more complicated than the front brake types so not sure what happens when the last screw comes out and you lift it off?

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Yes brakes are removable. Here they are removed on my FR14 (with freeride spacer installed).

Was super easy to remove brakes and just required a small torx bit (can’t remember what size). 3 screws per brake - you can only remove them when the brakes are in the stowed position otherwise it’s hard to reach the middle screw.

You can remove the spring and latch assembly with the brake as well, I just photographed it like this so I'd remember how to reassemble when/if I reinstall. Careful not to lose that little spring for the button as it has a tendency to shoot out.
    Great - thanks for the info! Did you happen to weigh the brakes and other removed components?

I just finished an RT 10 mount. The pin delta is 10mm which is slightly less than that of my Vipecs, but more than Haute Route and no doubt, the race binders.

I added a section in the first post with users' measured pin deltas for quick reference. Send me what 'cha got and I'll update it there.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-18-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Just measured my Helio 200s and got about the same as skimo.co:
    https://skimo.co/pin-heights

anyone have a mounting template for the Helio 180 / Trofeo Plus?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    anyone have a mounting template for the Helio 180 / Trofeo Plus?
    we got a helios jig at millcreek I have no idea wtf/ a trofeo plus is but id be surprised if that jig didn't work
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    we got a helios jig at millcreek I have no idea wtf/ a trofeo plus is but id be surprised if that jig didn't work
    oh nice, are you guys staying open? slash I might just text you if shit really goes south. whenever I can get out of the house (if it stops earthquaking / end of the worlding) I gotta get these fuckers mounted...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im home the stores by appointment call and tell em what you need
    or I can mooch it for an eve
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by kylesw View Post
    Great - thanks for the info! Did you happen to weigh the brakes and other removed components?
    Yep, brake assemblies are 48g a piece (108mm brake width). 96g total.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Trofeo plus just adds heel adjustment plate. Heel holes may therefore be different.